SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

No Eds in top 8

Give Ed all the buffs

1 Like

That Ed player was killing some CPT beasts and still couldn’t make top 8.

Sounds like Ed.

… yeah I know that’s why you don’t use it to meaty. You only use moves you can react with…, unless you are willing to make a read on the opponents wake up patterns. And when you guess… you should know the consequences of guessing wrong… so saying that you guessed wrong on someone’s wake up got you fucked up is… well it isn’t an argument because that’s what’s supposed to happen.

I recall Ed beating a Guile. :thinking:

Seems like he doesn’t need buffs.

3 Likes

Did you just say that MOAR DAMAGE isn’t useful? Yes…yes you did.

Lmfao.

Was gonna hop in on the Falke VT2 convo, but it ain’t worth it. :joy:

1 Like

Her overhead is already basically useless 'cause it’s so slow with no directional control that you just get jabbed on reaction or worse

So using it meaty seems like the next best option

But if you do that, you potentially burn a huge chunk of v-meter for nothing

So it’s basically a useless special move she gets that costs a bunch of meter for almost nothing

VTI gives you more damage and more…everything else

VTII gives you a reflect…which you have to activate to get first…and the activation is punishable in every instance unless you land a hit first…so the fact that it gives you a reflect is pointless on top of it burning a huge chunk of your V-meter which eats away at the damage potential already. And a useless overhead. So you just get an extra swing off of pokes…which you can already get with VTI on top of a safe activation.

Any instance you can one-hit confirm into VTII…you could’ve one-hit confirmed into VTI, if you want your damage dumps.

VTI can also give you a crap-ton of chip damage that leaves you still + on block by the end of it.

VTII is really, really, really bad.

4 Likes

People who hard main the character tell you it sucks.

People who don’t even play the character tell you it sucks.

It sucks.

Chun’s VT2 is good though. It’s what Falke’s should have been. Could have just kept it 3 bars and have it have actually do decent stuff and a real VTC.

5 Likes

Just make it so the activation attack is optional

Press the buttons to activate. Hold the buttons for the attack.

Overhead reduced to 26 frames (still has a super obvious visual tell and burns v-meter)

V-skill during VTII doesn’t drain meter on whiff/reflect

2 Likes

Unfortunately that would make it good.

The trigger allowing you to do more damage doesn’t really matter. You’re not gaining anything new in neutral to make it threatening to land.

It’s like adding 100 damage to Blanka’s command grab. It still is very reactable, can V Reversal out of all of the block setups for it and doesn’t give oki any way

… And it’s use in those mu’s is debatable since literally you have to burn the V-meter for 2 AA, especially when the 2nd part works better as a combo ender. To achieve the fully advantage of Zeku VT2 you have to:

• use the first part as an AA (avoiding the VTC scaling)
  • use the second part as a combo ender (less scaling+ stun)

The problem is the first part can’t guarantee an oki/setup situation like i.e. Akuma VT dp, so taking full advantage from it isn’t easy. Falke VT2 has similar problems, you can use it if you want it to, it’s just not guaranteed damage all the time with the inability to VTC it.

1 Like

Damn even Zeku VT1 still basically better vs everyone

Oh yeah right I’m not supposed to talk about VT2 anymore.

I’ll finish watching the rest of Ryan vs RIP FT10. That was a waste of time, but still better to do than this.

First to 10 was ass. Law is so fucking unsafe and Rip is trash.

3 Likes

It is. There is literally no point to VT2.

3 Likes

Lmfao…
Everyone in the world could tell me it sucks and I wouldn’t listen to y’all because y’all are never right. Let’s see… dp changed to meter… was right. YZ st.hp is mad good… was right. Lots of other shit… was right.

Some things here and there… mostly technicalities. Was wrong. I’ll trust me before anyone else.

Now if only I could consistently 1hc falkes st.hp and fhp. Sigh.

One day some good player with mad skills will show it off and everyone will jump on that train. Till then. W/e.

I asked a question and got answers. Cheers :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I love you bro. Don’t leave or retire.

3 Likes

Just came here to say that st lp Jab may not be effective with every char or the range/pos where falke’s overheads is heavily accounted for. Tried to jab falke’s overhead with kage’s lp in ranked match, but got clipped/missed and ate a huge punish instead. Will try to lab this scenario later tonight.

Just fucking DP that trash overhead. You have so much time.

2 Likes

Or mash jab. That stupid thing is so freaking slow and worthless.
You even have a 12f gap if she cancels from katapult on block to do whatever you want.
And the hurt box for it is awful.