SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

That was the plan.

1 Like

All these young 36’ers

I just made 37

3 Likes

I say it’s close enough just from looking at it.

What did IJ2 do? Make a game that’s more neutral focused where everyone has generically decent walk speeds and fish for buttons/whiff punishes. Instead of everyone having armor like in MKX you have other block based defensive options like a push block and tech/roll options after you hit the floor. Neutral Kombat 11 has the just defend blocking and roll/tech/wake up kick options that play in line with that.

It is essentially the next part of IJ2 fit into MK.

I don’t see how the Neutral Kombat matches are going to play out much different than say like a match like this.

Characters with solid walk/buttons walking in and and using shallow jumps, lots of projectiles and so on. Just you have to hold a button to block and maybe the dashes are a bit weaker than IJ2’s but haven’t heard whether they were caving into requests to buff dash speeds or keep them as is.

I agree that soccer is dumb af, it’s way too boring to me (swimming is the best tho)

inb4 anyone makes a joke cuz I’m brazillian

No, but for a specific reason. Mortal Kombat was like I was with Tekken. Only played it casually and didn’t start playing fighting games tournament competitively until 3rd Strike hit PS2. Otherwise I was basically fighting against my brother and watching old Evo/Japan arcade DVDs until 2005.

During that time the Midway games 3D MK games were out and those games were silly with nasty artwork that I had no interest in playing competitively. Even as a teenager I thought Deadly Alliance was just jank to play and wanted to pop in DOA2 or 3rd Strike as fast as possible after about like an hour of it.

MKX I played for like a month. MKX was like I was with SFIV. The only thing that kinda kept me going was there was a character or 2 I liked playing. Liked nothing about the game so let it go after. KI was more fun for me as an American edgy fighting game (and had controls more relateable to SF)

1 Like

Speaking of competitive (kompetitive?) MK:

game is not even official out yet and stuff is locked and most likely get patched later on. i wouldnt even be so sure that the actuall preset is the one for the final release build.

For sure, but it’s at least a thing to keep in mind to check on in the release version.

1 Like

That’s such a weird decision to make.

1 Like

KI was such a good game and had a great time behind it…

That’s how you do a game as a service.

RIP KI

Game as a service is a wack model.

Go back to printing new disks so I dont have to hear crying over no new announcements.

2 Likes

I don’t get it why NRS are limiting the players with certain variations for tournaments.

You ( NRS ) give them freedom to express their playstyle via custom builds but then declare it banned from competitive play only to force them to play how you feel the character should play.

Why even bother with custom builds then ?

1 Like

For fun.

Not Everything needs to be in service of a tournament

Because nobody cares about your snowflake moveset or your Create-A-Character dude.

Now stfu and play whats on the screen. You wanna mess with menu knobs? Play smash then.

:triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

What the fuck happened last thread?

1 Like

Did you just read it now? Took a long time to ask that question.

1 Like

I got up to the point where HL “quit”

Only I’m suppose to fake quit :frowning:

4 Likes

Wat?

Oh that’s how they work? I got it

release trailer :coffee:

4 Likes

MK movie music is always cool

9 Likes