SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

Another thing to note is that VTC combos scale super hard now. I generally prefer hitconfirming into a combo myself but if you go for the pressure and open them up its way more damage. Funny enough the scaling is why you’ll see Ibuki use raw VT2 to punish things because you get the same huge damage without the cancel penalty.

Vega has 2 bad VT’s, but 2 having a real VTC is probably the main reason it’s better. But also it has the same functionality as his VT with it allowing big damage from a single poke, but he can opt for this outside of the VTC which ups the damage a bunch.

But we are talking about Falke here. She has no reason to need a cancel into plus frames as she already has it with st.mk xx fb.

And we are also talking about high damage confirms from further away than basically any character in the game.

CONFIRMS… not pokes.

Yeah, that’s why it’s bad. Can’t do a random sweep and make herself safe, can’t commit to anything to give her a burst of momentum in a tight spot, and VTC itself is poor damage, the animation goes nowhere without super. Shit is a joke.

Like, VT2 would be bad enough even if it gave her beefy + frames on VTCs, but it having that unique punish when you cancel it on block easily make it worst VT in the game.

1 Like

Dude… from st.hp confirm you get st.hp xx kk xx VT1 which is 241 damage for 1 block of VT meter… you get 3 total.

And that’s a huge poke. Now combo that into her super and it’s 480 damage… from a safe poke.

You kidding me this shit is bad? For a 2 bar v trigger? Even from st.mk xx FB it’s 438 damage into super.

These are pretty ridiculously good numbers from a half screen CONFIRM on a character that doesn’t need to pressure people…

Yeah, the damage is meaningless. It has no V-System utility and the tools it offers are all weak. Good luck enabling it in majority of your matches before you get steamrolled because you don’t have a chance to mount anything due to no solid VTCs.

2 Likes

Even her cr.lp,cr.lk standard combo becomes 240 damage with VT…

I mean cr.lk,cr.lp xx 2p xx VT

The only good things about her VT2 is that it it offers big damage dumps and combos from c.mk

It looks good in the lab in practice it just doesn’t work. You end up wasting time trying to confirm into the VT, the OH is trash, etc

1 Like

VT1 is like, infinitely better at everything. VT2 is deffo worst VT in the game, no contest.

Only thing I can see vt1 giving her is better pressure but even with vt1 pressure her pressure is terrible or at best mediocre. But with vt2 her neutral gets pumped up quite a bit and the damage is huge. No reason for a pop on pressure with a character who’s pressure is bad anyways. This is a damage and control character. VT2 makes it even more absurd.

Her VT1 improves her neutral way more.

She gets access to air VT fireball that let’s her dash-up at + frames, and shuts down the air angle forcing them to give up ground to avoid the worst case scenario.

grounded VT fireball enables long red chip strings and buffs up her pressure.

All VT2 does is stack damage on pokes, and it whiffs on far hits. Stack that on top of having literally no VTC utility. That’s not good.

2 Likes

LOOOOOL check this!!! The commentary

Yeah idk. Y’all trippin. AA 2P xx VT2 does 200 damage. CR.hp xx 2 vt2 gives Falke a perfect meaty on the opponent as they land.

Blah blah.

All them Falke mains be tripping you got the tech, I feel you.

1 Like

Those Falke mains that do vt1 then like 3 blocked vt fireballs for no damage… then go back to regular ol Falke?

Yeah, I’m good.

The one Falke main I know that runs VT2 (BigOggy) pretty much wins because he’s a good player. The trigger doesn’t really do much for whether he wins or loses and sometimes he wins without getting a chance to use it.

Sometimes he even ends up being forced to activate it on block or whiff and take a punish. It’s really stupid and unbelievable that it used to be 3 bars for all of that jank to start it up.

press f.hp twice, they get blocked and dies with VT up

3 Likes

You can always use st.hp and who can punish tho without super from max distance? I know there will be characters that can do it but I don’t think it’s huge and you can still just st.hp instead.

Someone jumps at you that’s their ass.

Gets hit by any combo of fhp/st.hp/cr.mk buffer/cr.mp buffer/cr.lk,cr.lp/AA 2p/st.mk xx FB

That’s their ass.

That’s a lot of shit to not get hit by and other than 2mk and 2mp they are all confirms or able to be done on reaction.

-edit

But I gtg anyways. Good talk.

Yeah but again, you’re dropping ALL that VTC utility for a VT that is already asscheeks. It’s not worth any form of trade-off.

Like you stack the same amount of damage from poking with VT1, and you do so safely even if you can’t confirm it from stuff like st.mk. So there’s only downsides for VT2.

Because why bother limiting your self to one hitconfirming off of only 2 buttons if you can just choose the VT1 which you can let do the same thing, on top of doing it safely on block any time you might not react accordingly, or do it on purpose so you’re plus on block for free? Not to mention safe activation on neutral which is extremely useful for popping it as soon as you get VT gauge?

:woman_shrugging:

Falkes VT2 would literally have to be a mini super and do another 130 damage for it to be worth it. no VT scaling either