SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

Does anything in SFV have frame one armor? Just curious.

I think birdie has some in VT1?

Ex Bullhorn armor on frame 1.

In VT1 Ex Bullhead has armor frame 1 as well.

Regular bullhorn has armor frame 1 during vt1 too lol.

2 Likes

Ex bull horn
Vt trigger ex bullhead

Has frame 1 armour

check this!!!

Abigail Ex Nitro charge during vt1 has 3 hits of armor frame 1. :eyes:

1 Like

New thread, new notice:

It is now 10 days until Lord Boon saves the FGC with MK11

5 Likes

Gief V Skill frame 1 armor.

Urine players are disgusting.

3 Likes

That autocorrect works perfectly

Naw he’s a drone and you should be banned for supporting his cause.

5 Likes

RISE|K-Brad (Cammy) vs. THG|Ludovic (Chun-Li)
TGS|ElChakotay (R. Mika) vs. Terrence (Chun-Li)

Losers bracket:
REC|Punk (Kolin) vs. Mouz|Problem X (M. Bison)
FOX|NuckleDu (Guile, R. Mika, G) vs. EG|Ricki Ortiz (Chun-Li)

Hope you like @saturius @ZioSerpe

Is that 3 Chun’s in Top 8?

Also Punk plays Kolin? Also lol at bottom of the barrel cammy in top 8

@Deviljin_01 if a person can 1 hit confirm falkes fhp and st.hp… why is her vt2 bad? It will confirm into massive damage from ridiculous ranges. Even if the person can’t confirm that way she can still use st.mk xx FB as a plus on block confirm…

Because it’s not good on block and every other VT gives you massive + frames on VTC.

3 Likes

Those confirms are easy peasy unless you’re in some super stressed scenario.

I’ve changed my mind from VT2 being meh to not being decent. It has its uses, but I just don’t think Chun is a character that really needs all that unga to win. MOV been doing fine with mashing slide as soon as he gets 2 bars and still a ton of utility out of VT1 especially with the multi hits and new combo/juggle routes. Plus slightly better fireball.

VT2 is good if you get it going, but I feel if you wanna be a VT2 player you might as well just pick up Urien and Aegis people to death.

I think he is asking about Falke. Unless I’m missing something.

1 Like

That’s the only reason? Because that’s a shithouse reason. Most VT cancels into plus frames just allow the opponent to continue blocking… most peop,e don’t get mixed up afterwards very often. I’d say about 20% of the time get mixed up.

Players have come around to seeing VTC on block isn’t even that good. You lose a whole bunch of damage on block. May as well just confirm if you have the ability. Case in point uriens VT1 is way better on hit than block.

LOL. I assumed he was talking about Chun’s VT2 because he uses Chun and I was talking about the 3 Chuns that made top 8.

I don’t talk about Falke’s VT2. It’s not worth talking about.

Definitely not a shithouse reason because the safeness/plus frames are what allow characters to disregard neutral/context when VTC is available.

Bison slide > VTC
Zeku slide > VTC(confirmable on block to save the VTC for a blocked side)
Cody EX.Zonk/sweep > VTC
Sakura EX.Hado > VTC

List goes on and on. VTCs set up a platform for you to enable a comeback with a quick burst of + frames to get momentum.

Players haven’t come around to shit, just popping VTs ASAP is best most of the time lmao. I saw enough people just doing it on block to get something started today alone.

EDIT**
Exceptions to the rule exist dependent on how unique the VTC is - Urien VT1/Ibuki VT2 are better used within a combo, to set up an incoming mix-up for instance. Falke’s is similar but it sets up no incoming mix-up and is -40. Lmao. Like, I can still just do EX.Tackle xx VTC as Urien and be fine, and be able to force a mixup so I’m not at a loss for making that unga play.