SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

I was going to ask if you did some muscle spirit flexing. Looks like you did.

Fang bodying Urien. Fang is good now.

4 Likes

I played some Gief against Dray yesterday, but it has been a very long while since I last brought Gief to ranked.
I will fix that tomorrow and get the PC account to platinum.

Played Gief earlier. Felt good plowing people into the floor. Was surprised at how manly I felt. This might be the start of something special.

5 Likes

Gief was always one of those characters that was never my kinda character, but it looks fun to ragdoll people around and walk in slowly like a horror movie.

3 Likes

I haven’t played SFV in almost 3 weeks. Leveling up in Tekken and learning Steve Fox. Mans is all swag. :sweat:

Edit: more accurate that I haven’t played ranked. I’ve done some offline sets using Kage.

2 Likes

I think i played ranked 90 mins to get my PSN account up and i labbed for like an hour. I actually want to play more but i got a lot on my plate right now and frankly im irresponsible.

Gief is very fun and womanly to play, but in SFV he lacks good buttons, so Falke is working better for me.
Gief’s st MK is good now, but he needs more than that. He relies too much on SPD loops now and that is not my favourite way to play him.

2 Likes

Not having a 3 frame seems like a death sentence against this character.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not good for Falke either. Only thing Falke might have better going for her in the match is that she can poke his poison from a range a bit better than he can.

Both Urien and Falke also have the issue of having really slow EX reversals that Fang can OS light. Since that’s like most of his pressure good luck getting a DP in without getting blocked while he still can take turns.

Yeah, I never been a grappler type. They are fun to play around with, but I don’t think I could seriously learn one.

Btw, played Karin V2 earlier. I never knew she had a parry that crumbled. I only knew about the one that juggled. Learned this during a match.

Yeah, it’s not fun playing with Cody either. You feel stuck in his endless pressure strings. Only thing is once Cody gets his momentum going especially with VT2 you can kind of turn the tables since FANG’s own defense is ass. It’s really a battle for offensive momentum.

Or I could just pick Karin/Necalli and save myself the trouble.

One pops them up the other crumples. I’ve been messing around with it too lately, since watching a lot of AFG’s replays and he uses VT2 exclusively. If you have a good read on your opponent it can be better than VT1.

1 Like

I usually am a grappler guy, but this game… makes it hard.

I like grapplers in other games but i don’t really mesh with them in SFV.

My Karin is a work in progress. I really want to become more comfortable with her.

On another note, Active Switch has to be one of my favorite mechanics ever. I really hope it returns in some form. So much free-form that it’s ridiculous. Hope it returns.

Since you mentioned that. I tried MvC:I for the first time earlier today and… that game does not feel good. I’m not really sure how to put it to words but everything just feels shitty.

1 Like

I liked the way it felt. Only thing I didn’t like was maybe no 3on3 and no assists, but the tag system basically lets you make your own assists when you want. Thought the gameplay was about as good as it could be for what they were trying to do.

If the next crack is anything like it I won’t mind. Going back to 2v2 was cool, but I’d still like 3v3 craziness too. Either one.

Also, got bored so decided to make a little cocktail.

Friend told me about it when I went to an Irish pub a month ago. Apparently it’s like the summer drink in the UK (Pimm’s Cup). Really loved it so made my own.

Mainly put in liquer, cucumber, lemon juice, orange and ginger ale. Next time I’ll have to find some mint too.

3 Likes

An excellent choice indeed! We’ll make pitchers of Pimm’s Cup at family events during the summer. Everyone guaranteed to get sauced when the Pimm’s comes out.

1 Like

That is indeed an authentic upper class British tipple.

Down by the canal…

Wearing a boater…

What what!?

1 Like

The extended hitbox on Gief’s st. strong was the single most important buff of any character, he now finally has a go-to button in neutral. Next patch he should get armor on frame one with EX Siberian and we might actually see him winning something for a change.