SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

SamSho in the past was its own thing, Capcom went for a fast paced high octane game like Darkstalkers while SNK went the opposite route with a slow paced high risk high reward style on a slow paced game.
I know I loved both, but it’s samsho that took my coins over Darkstalkers.
I love it with a passion and I hope they can recapture the feeling of Shin Samurai Spirits Haomaru Jingokuhen (funny story, the original Jap names never had numbers).
Now I am really looking forward to play Shiki because her design in SvC was dope as fuck, but she might be the leat SamSho character to ever samsho, maybe beating out Iroha in that regard.
But I will still be ready to cut some apples if she’s not SamSho enough.

1 Like

I’m actually a bit confused about the inclusion of Sanwa components.

Casuals dont care about that kind of thing so Capcom has needlessly raised the cost of the unit for them.

The more hardcore fans havent got the games included to interest them.

It doesn’t seem to know who the target audience is.

Someone mentioned that the wi fi could be to download games etc. That would make it much more interesting.

Hard pass from me atm though.

1 Like

I do like the character designs for the most part, and the art style they’ve chosen is great for making the most of the oherwise limited graphics.

I’m also more than willing to give it a try and be proven wrong. I don’t lose anything if it turns out I love the game.

1 Like

For the person\people that where talking about sf5 releasing stuff to “compete” with MK.

As an example of how often this happens, there is a big OW patch today. Guess what other shooter dropped a patch today as well?

Apex legends.

its just kind of how it works, its like when a mc donalds opens right across from where a burger king has been for years.

Especially since most people I’ve talked/met with don’t actually like Sanwa parts.

Too sensitive. I figure Seimitsu or Happ would be best for a more casual product. They have that “clicky” feel some people like.

1 Like

How exactly does (did?) Darkstalkers play compared to Street Fighter. I like the characters designs but seeing as how I’ve never played it idek if I’d like a new one.

The biggest difference is its a chain combo game i suppose.

Double life bars not rounds

Im pretty sure projectiles don’t collide with esch other too.

Ive only played a couple of times myself though.

Big damage though.

Games are over really quicky

Chain combos, air dash/ground dash/aerial movement and everyone having raging demon commands for supers (and multiple characters having raging demons which led to Akuma’s raging demon)

It’s basically the prototype anime game and Guilty Gear kinda took it, Samsho and Marvel to make anime anime. The original Guilty Gear games had big splashes of blood during attacks and almost everyone uses a weapon in Guilty Gear which are both very much references to SamSho. The zooming in and out of the camera also inspired by Samsho.

1 Like

This is a bit of a stretch… But imagine play SFV Gief but no SPD or Running bear grab.

Also a stretch here but I’d say the closest modern game to compare is Blazblue

Funny thing is Vampire Savior is the only one with the 2 lifebar system. The other games worked on rounds, but the rounds in the first 2 games went by fast any way because of how the game played.

Vampire Savior matches go by nutty fast because of the lifebar system. They make ST matches seem long and the Japanese would do huge ass tournaments with single match for that game. You lose 2 lifebars you out of the tournament lol

This’ why I am also looking forward to it. No silly long combos bullshit.
Just press the right buttons at the right time and win. Simple, effective, direct.
The way I like it.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, the first Guilty Gear was made by ex-Snk devs.

1 Like

Yeah that’s how a lot of the games were back in the 90s, but now that every game is so custom cumboed, FADC’d, YRC’d, air dashed, OS/setplayed/safe jumped/oki crunching and triggered out a game like SamSho will be a nice return to just having a fighting game that fighting games.

I like that stuff, it’s fun, but it puts the game into a certain style that’s very different from just having a pure buttony fighting game. SamSho will be the first OG buttony game up on the stage in a long time.

If they ever bring back a traditional Fatal Fury game I’ll look forward to that also. No crazy movement other than the back and forth in the ground. Real Bout is like the slightly fancier version of it, but old school FF Special is the nice boring stuff. Walk, jump, button, fireball, maybe go into fore or background and keep doing that. Maybe a combo every once in a while. Maybe.

2 Likes

Thats probay the only one I’ve played then.

It was fun but i didnt have a clue what was going on.

Sasquatch is top tier right?

So, season 5 on ps5.
If they make bc as good as it is on xbox x, i will sell ps4 and buy ps5 day 1. No frame drops on console any more.

Sasquatch and Pyron are both dumb tier. Daigo used Pyron back in the 90s.

Classic Fatal Fury was awesome.
I loved Real Bout too, though. The combo system was fairly simple and the planes stuff was pretty clever.
Fun stuff too without being stupid crazy.

2 Likes

I am worried though, I quite enjoy my anime fighters as I have made abundantly clear.
What if my taste has changed and I am no more someome that likes the old school SNK style?
Then again I do only really enjoy playing chun in SFV and Mai in KoF… But then again I also love playing Angel and I think unchained is the best mechanic ever to grace KoF

1 Like

Yup. Real Bout is like Garou. Just enough combo/movement/oki stuff but the games are very neutrally otherwise. Especially Real Bout. Real Bout is a nice middle ground. Garou’s movement lets a few of the characters run around like Darkstalkers characters, but otherwise very grounded.

You’re going to have to find a way to be an old Jeff Schaeffer man again so you can stop caring about that stuff and just button/fireball people down.

2 Likes