SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

I never really wound up using him for that, it was mostly just huge burst damage to dead.

Though it occurrs to me that the double super nerf also makes orb>Spark>throw>beam>lvl 3 is worthless, and that could clutch out wins.

One thing I hope to see in SF6 is animations better matching hitboxes. The range on moves is whatever to me but just give them accurate animations. Like I just did Ed’s 2nd vol. 4 trial and I swear Ed’s foot just seemed to whiff through Ryu’s body a few times. There are also numerous examples of hitboxes being in the shin of kicking attacks because? Why not just give the move a shorter animation?

What is the benefit of making the game like this? It just seems sloppy to me and makes the game visually disingenuous for no reason.

It’s because the models and animations were made, and then the hit boxes were altered. Unless it’s egregious, it’s too expensive to redo the model.

Except that’s not what happened. The game launched like that and ive fairly certain it was like this in the betas.

Hell take Abi for example. He was launched in S2 of the game. What’s his excuse?

Told Frostey that if he won a local he’d get a title.

Need to a more comprehensive list of sruff you can get. Keep them all positive.

1 Like

Problem is a well known down-player though, Bison could have an over head that combos into DR and leads to a side switch into Psycho Crusher and give +5 on whiff and he’d still say Bison is bad.

THE COLLECTIVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS PRAISE THE VOCAL MAJORITY!!!

Even Problem, the worlds best Bison, routinely takes his hands off the wheel and let’s EXDR do the work.

EVO Grand Finals was a great set and he deserved to win, but he let EXDR do the work for him an insane amount of times there. Akuma can’t evade it easily.

5 Likes

He knows Akuma can’t evade it easily, so he exploits that weakness. That’s not autopilot, that’s calculated and premeditated.

1 Like

EX DR is the epitome of autopilot lmao. You can’t downplay Dictator, give it up.

4 Likes

Didn’t say that the adjustments could only happen after launch. They are tweaking those thing constantly prior to any of us getting to touch it.

Yeah let’s discredit players to make ourselves feel better about our shortcomings. That’s the fighting spirit!

Would Akuma’s teleport not be effective for avoiding EX DR? I know it has bad recovery, but can Bison actually still catch him after doing that?

The move is insanely hard to deal with even at a high level.

The whole is scrubs.

Suuuure.

1 Like

No doubt ProblemX is good and he bodied the shit outta Tokido. But let not get ahead of ourselves acting like thought or planning need to be used when you pop EX DR.

EU bois are mad strong with the downplay general too. Problemx, loufy, even coblecog was on some downplay with Cammy. Peeps just need to admit their characters are strong and got stupid shit.

1 Like

But if they can’t do future entries well either, then I’d rather they just give us perfect online ports and then we’d never have to give a shit about a future SF game sucking ever again.

We’re not disagreeing that EX DR is very strong and bullshit. But Bison did not carry Problem, nor does he carry anyone at that level of play.

Try seriously playing Bison and you will understand what it’s like on the other end. Online play is not an honest gauge of a character’s offline potential.

I’m not really keen on the constant porting as it usually just leads to re-buying each generation and gambling whether there will actually be a decent player base online for the game I want to go back and play (if the online is even worthwhile to begin with). I liked this collection because it finally gave me a training mode with A3 that I didn’t have to go back and hookup my PS2 (with a lower quality stick). But they effed up by not applying the same features to all the games (especially A2).

At least with future entries there’s a higher likelihood of more competition being available at any given time and they’ll be more focused on updating and improving it (YMMV on what you consider an “improvement” though).

The easiest characters in fucking SFV (that also happen to be top tier) are Rashid and fucking Dictator! Straight definition of easy mode.

Out here struggling with honest shit like Juri/Sakura and peeps trying say it’s hard to win with Bison!?

Psycho power done fucked y’all brains.

1 Like

If you have a powerful, braindead tool that’s notoriously hard to deal with, you’d be a moron if you didn’t use it.
That doesn’t make the tool less braindead, nor does it detract from you at all for using it, because, again, you’d be a moron if you didn’t use it.

3 Likes

This game makes people so angry.

Its crazy how relax you get when you stop playing it.

5 Likes