SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

Not if backward compatibility stays a thing.

and that’s a good thing.

You play strong shit or rage. I legit hit diamond with boxer was like “but what did I even learn”. :joy:

…weird. SRK is blocked during my morning breaks but appears to be unblocked during lunch…?

Whatever I’ll take it I guess

Anyway Bison is dumb, nerf him and buff Ed instead

Serious question? What would you buff about ED? I understand that some of his shit doesn’t work right, but he really don’t seem hopeless to me.

But that could be my matchups talking.

It never really works out that way. I have 7 versions of 3S across several generations because people either play on Cab or hop onto the next port for offline play (usually get new sticks for the system too). GGPO/Fightcade is the only version that has still keeps a decent player base online for that and it’s not great.

Ed feels like Sakura Season 3.5. He really just needs some qol changes, a 5 frame medium button and he’s good to go. Probably speed up his AA button or give that KK move some aerial invincibility.

1 Like

I would delete all of his voice clips. Pay the $$$ to replace his theme with “Libera Me From Hell”.

Instant top-tier.

1 Like

Real talk if Ed got the changes he needs, he’d probably be better than Sakura. Lol

I’m cautiously optimistic that it will improve. Xbox has made a commitment to it, and rumor is PlayStation is looking at it for next gen.

One benefit to the re-releases is that they get the community back, at least for a little bit.

The KK move has everything invincibility?

Give him a cancellable version of his V-skill that gives him a knockdown and oki off of crmp/crmk from any distance but is punishable on block. Make his neutral actually mean something.

Give him invincibility on his Psycho Rising earlier, so it stops jump-ins easier even if you whiff a medium/fake fireball.

Shrink the hurtbox during the start-up of his sthp so it isn’t stuffed as easily

Fix the hurtbox on his psycho shot so it isn’t 2 feet in front of where his actual model is

Make it so the projectile constantly has a hitbox between the initial Psycho Shot and when he punches it forward for the projectile

Make his full charged V-skill pull the opponent next to him even if they block it max distance

Make his crmp +3 on block again

Add an EX Psycho Flicker that moves forward more, does more damage, juggles where the normal one doesn’t and is +2 on block

Add an EX Psycho Knuckle that can be done by pressing MP or LP during normal Knuckle’s start-up which charges forward faster and doesn’t pass through the opponent (so it can be at a safe -2 spacing, but always launches instead of crumples)

Have EX Psycho Upper (when cancelled) move forward more, it still doesn’t combo from jabs further out

Increase the range on crmk (range got nerfed at some point), have Psycho Flicker and Psycho Upper move forward more when cancelled from it to maintain consistency

Reduce pushback of crmk on block (so Psycho Flicker won’t miss at max range)

Increase walkspeed

Increase the pushback of sthk so it’s a little safer when spaced

Change sthk to +4 on normal hit

Increase juggle potential of anti-air V-skill so it combos from Psycho Rising xx EX Psycho Splash if used as an anti-air

Let Psycho Rising or Psycho Upper combo from hitting an opponent with EX Psycho Shot on the ground in the corner

Increase the movement distance of his backdash and shave a couple frames off of the recovery

…okay that’s an excessive list, he doesn’t need all of that, just…I’d like it XP

2 Likes

I was about to say… I suck and some of that looks a bit much…

And you all make fun of me for wanting Kolin to walk faster…

I skimmed the list and saw +4 sthk on normal hit, this list is stupid

I agree with most of that.

An EX.Flicker that is +oB
5f medium
Max range combos that work
Faster/More (air) invincible Rising

I mean premeditated or not it involved no piloting from him, which is our point. Bison can carry a player by relieving them of the need to pilot him, into advantageous situations just for meter.

Ibuki, Cammy, Bison, Balrog, Cody all have tools that do it for you. I don’t have to try to get in when a bar does it for me. Mika doesn’t even need a bar lmao.

3 Likes

I just perfected ProblemX. This game is crap.
Lost other two games ofc.

6 Likes

Part of the advantage of 3D models is that it is more practical to alter animations mid-development.

Capcom could make the animations better fit the hit boxes. The reason that they do not, beyond laziness, is that the resulting attacks won’t look as good.

Capcom simply wasn’t committed to trying to make the hit boxes fit the animation. They made the animations, then just assigned hit boxes that were kind of close. Balance tweaks throughout the design process probably led to those boxes shifting more, because it was easier to just shift an invisible box than to alter other aspects of the move.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is also at least part of the reason why Capcom doesn’t include a hit/hurt box viewer in SFV, they didn’t want to publicize how “off” some of the boxes are.

1 Like

I didn’t say the couldn’t do it. I said they wouldn’t, due to cost.