SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

lol, no. Alex was horrible in S1 because a lot of the good characters had meterless options to deter his 50/50 game, which he’s heavily reliant on to sustain momentum.

No no I mean this version of Alex but yeah you’re still right

a lotta the grapplers got kept down cause of how easy it was to escape their vortex, you had quick/backrise fucking their momentum from combos on top of free meterless escapes. Laura, Gief, Alex got held back a good amount.

Mika was the only grappler doing much because her Irish Whip, dropkick and VT1 were stupid as fuuuuck, and she had midscreen options to make DPs whiff for fat damage. I wouldn’t even say Mika relies on her mixes as much as just solid normals though so meh.

S4 Alex in S1 still wouldn’t be worth much, mid tier at best. S1 was wild, would never go back to that shitfest.

2 Likes

Has Flong been datamined for this season? Still waiting for a character who van use rekkas outside of vtrigger.

Juri has rekkas without VT they are just pretty much pointless is all

1 Like

Goddamn these modders go hard AF.

That looks crazy good.

Edit: Adding this one for LordWillie

BRUH

6 Likes

Now that we (hopefully) approach a new mid season, I would like to know which season was the best for your character and maybe why. For Laura I think this is accurate (top to bottom)
S 2
S2 was hands down her best iteration. 2.5 brought some nerfs but she was still kicking asses left and right.
I put s1 over s3 because of the 2 bars vt1, more damage with ccs and less amount of bad matchups (menat wasn’t in and guile was added mid season). 3.5 brought more nerfs, sagat, and small buffs to vt2 which turned out negligible.
S4 sucks horse balls, but maybe I’m just mad over my anti air getting destroyed for no reason

But isn’t hanging out in sweep range vs VT2 Cody just asking to get tapped on the dome by a pipe? He can swing it normally (s.HP?) with some range…

Alex gets bodied by every sf character including the ones not in the game yet.

Yeah, but it’s just a button you’re playing around as opposed to the rock toss pressure, which is infinitely worse. I can makeshift a set-up that will beat VRs, EX DPs and delayed techs if I manage to get a rock in the air.

I dunno if S4 Rashid is overall more powerful than S3 Rashid. I feel the Rashid up to S3.5 was stupid good (and I still miss S2 cr.HP, Sweep link) but S4 Rash getting oki off every Eagle Spike feels really nice. More powerful overall than Rashid at his dumbest tho? Hmmm

Chun Li was only good in S1 so RIP Chun.

Ibuki was pretty much S2 and 3 nearly tied for the best with slight edge to S2 since mid screen 50/50’s for one EX bar (unless you were big which is part of why fighting Gief sucked). S4 Ibuki is slightly worse as a character, but bad matchups got nerfed minus Gief so buffs her further up regardless near back to where she was.

Falke got better cuz well, it wasn’t much better before any way lol.

Still think Ibuki S4 nerfs were more like fixes than nerfs. They just removed her jank, weird rise animation, weird hurtbox pullback on VS, whiff recovery on st.hk etc.

I mean yeah, they’re nerfs, but they haven’t hurt her ability to play her game, you just can’t do jank.

Everything overall is enough to call a nerf especially since c.MK VTC was the only real plus VTC she could set up without spending meter. Overall though with her struggle matchups getting nerfed outside of Gief she got buffed really either way.

Now that I think about it, s4 Laura may be better than 3.5 because of the nerfs menat and guile received, and the bonus damage on dps. On the other hand, sagat and gief were buffed so decisions decisions

Now this fucker can stop time? Smfh

I guess Blanka must put out 1.21 gigawatts of electricity

3 Likes

You guys buying 3-D MUGEN 2019?