SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

In favour of it being overrated or underrated? Sure thing dad. I don’t have anything saved so this is just a quick 5min off the cuff.

VT2 is dependent on command grab for explosive potential, and a majority of the cast can walk out of his tick throws. Not ideal, so meaty command grab on wakeup is the only “true” tick he has for fast characters.

Rock tosses in neutral can be neutered by holding midrange and sweeping him when he throws the rock up. You’ll either CC him if he swings pipe to hit rock or knock him down to avoid the rock presence.

He loses fireballs so holding the midrange, which enables you to sweep his rock tosses easily, is easier to do.

Basically, if you avoid the initial VTC mixup he gets and reset to neutral, Cody is actually worse than his non-VT version because he has less space control options, and rock in neutral is a gimmick, so Cody has to go fullscreen to use rocks safely, and if you just chase him and don’t allow that - he’s fucked.

It obviously isn’t that linear because he can still be hyper aggressive with EX Zonk, but the idea is that his command grab is the focal point yet is easy to avoid, and rocks nerf his midrange.

4 Likes

Unrelated to anything but we were talking about FotNS the other day and this popped up in my YT feed if anyone wants to zany bullshit for 90 mins:

Hoping to get back on the campaign trail tomorrow. Need to keep putting G through the paces.

4 Likes

4 more days until New season 4 info!!!

Unrelated to anything but…LAX sucks.

1 Like

@A10metal GGs in ranked. I see you trying to get back to Super Diamond again. You almost got me the second match. You had that nice tech in the corner. I respect you for still trying to play with dead Abigail.

I tried to watch some of that shit, but after like the 5th match with a final round that ends in 2 seconds I’m just like :rofl:

Watching HnK tourneys is better when you’re drunk or high. Watching that shit sober is some shit.

Sometimes I wish you can just discard the pipe like the knife. Too many times had me looking like an idiot full screen with it in hand once trigger runs out.

People want the pipe to be like the knife, but nobody wants to pick up the knife.

1 Like

Shotouts to the UK where the police rob you and then brag about it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/LancsARV/status/1088301508192542720

jebaited

3 Likes

Eh, been trying to use the knife more often. Mostly in matches where there’s nothing to reflect. Turns out you can keep people blocking real long with it. I just wish I knew what to do more with it that isn’t shank special into super.

1 Like

No fucking around waiting for Zoop Zoop Zoop Zero nonsense to end.

Its actually way cooler when you understand wtf is going on. The important part is the big dipper bar underneath the life bar. All characters have moves that remove those marks. One all of them are destroyed and the opponent is on the last one (you’ll know its the last one because one that’s not connected will shine brightly underneath the regular bar), then they can be instakilled. The first round for some of the cast its goign to be about killing you while slowly withering away at that bar. A lot of moves which take away from the big dipper meter also end the combos, so you’re basically hardcapping your damage to set up the second round.

The bounce combos have to do with goofy engine stuff involving the combo meter. Certain characters have set ups for it (mostly the top tier) others not quiet. Raoh kills you off of straight infinite.

The game straddles the line between being absolute gibberish and utterly godlike. Fucking hilarious to watch because dudes will legit leave the cab and go do other shit while getting hit with infinites. In this one you got dudes finishing beers, last tournament a guy came around and tried to bribe his opponent into dropping the combo etc. Community seems pretty honest about the bullshit game they play.

3 Likes

lmao big dipper meter. I’m watching it now trying to figure out wtf is going on.

What’s boost and aura?

So the deal is that the main character has 7 scars on his chest from where one of his friends tried to kill him. So the meter is basically shaped after the scars of the main character.

I remember when the game first came out I thought it was the stupidest shit. took me about to appreciate just how batshit crazy the game is. You are going to get jacked up like nothing else in that game.

I love how at 11:37 ole boy just gives up and starts drinking while his opponent does a infinite till time runs out lol.

I can appreciate that outside of the Jesus Beam kills it looks like they’re putting work into their bullshit. Toki vs Rei is basically Jesus Beam death vs Basketball death.

Most communities seem pretty real about the bullshit that their game has.

There is life outside SFV and it is on Dead or Alive.
https://twitter.com/oscar_get/status/1094963996518580224

7 Likes

Ono’s English is awesome.

7 Likes

Weird question I guess but this has been in my head for a while, is there a reason as to why you can hit long ranged normals but not grab them?

Like for example, whiffed Falke f.HP, and Akuma is in demon flip. He can punish with the palm follow up from far but if he goes for a grab then it doesnt connect. Is it because grabs/throws interact differently when it comes to punishing?

That’s my favorite part about HnK matches. You either have people getting one shot in 3 seconds (the guy in the first match was loving life) or dribbled like a basketball until there is a timeout.

The people still playing that game seem so seasoned at this point that they aren’t dropping shit (they look kind of bored doing their infinites) so if you get hit you might as well pull out your Switch or something to kill the rest of the round because you sure as shit aren’t playing the game anymore. :smile:

1 Like