SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

Zeku being a character who carries the player makes me laugh tbh. The opponent need to just fucking block everything and jump neutral a bit to prevent random slides, Zeku can’t do shit. He’s a strong contender this season, but definitely I don’t see someone improving in performances just picking a stance character like him who doesn’t have BS power.

I still collect YGO cards mainly a fan of Red-Eyes Black Dragon.

2 Likes

Pretty Estarix is trolling.

We dont know who he plays.

His CFN.

Whether he plays locals.

Just here trolling.

Young Zeku is hard to play no doubt, but i think he gets carried more than some all round characters (etc, ryu) because his toolset while being very specific are also very powerful, effective and cover a wide range of situations.

The literally block everything mantra applies to most of the cast. But we all know that’s not how simple it’s considering how volatile this game is. Spacing is still important to deal with jump ins and dashins. Not to mention zeku has a far reaching overhead. Lastly zeku on hit does tremendous damage.

I agree that playing a defensive, neutral jumping game is most effective at stifling his approach. However there are counters, firstly zeku doesnt have to slide and can be used to strictly bait the opponent, and neutral jumping is a detriment if your dealing with vt2 or players with solid read and anti air execution.

Don’t. The cards in YGO hold about as much value as old Madden games. Its a whole game where the company making it spends all day imploding the secondary market.

YGO being unadulturated ass is a damn good reason. Better than hearthstone but not by much. CCG Marvel will always be a tie between certain formats of M:TG Vintage or Legacy. At this point MTG Legacy is probably where its at.

MvC3 honorable mention goes to Magi-Nation. Maybe the 7th Sea game since that was full of turn 1 wins too.

2 Likes

We need a new VS series. How about Rival Skool vs Rival Scool

9 Likes

@Akhos here finally ur dream is starting

4 Likes

now this is a Fate of Two Worlds I can get behind, right Pertho? :smirk:

No, that just brings back bad memories of the hot ass chick who was hitting on me when I was playing MvC2 in college.

I was too pure for this world. :sob:

2 Likes

I…I just want to play as Akira and Edge (mostly Edge) one last time (in a new game)

Also Capcom will make an announcement Feb 19 my sources say 2 characters

I’m on If one of you guys wants to body me

@Doctrine_Dark :frowning:

GGs @FlyingVe

Mika’s fun but definitely staying as that “for fun” character, just don’t have the right mindset for using her type of offense, command grabs having years of recovery for whiffing isn’t my kind of risk :sweat_smile:

Your Abi’s improving a lot, getting those confirms better and doing good with the buttons. Only thing that stood out immediately is anti-airing, and you just gotta get used to when the stomp hitboxes on EX Run will interfere with your throw

I feel like fang sim bison and Falke carry players. Ryu and sagat dont. Young zeku does KINDA. Bison definitely does. Urien is probably in the middle.

Mika carries hard.

When I think of a character carrying someone, I think, if this person picks anyone else, how good wil they make that character in about 2 weeks or so? If they can get close to to the kind of success they have with their main then I don’t think their main is carrying hard. If they can’t then I think their main is carrying hard.

The characters I named above I’ve noticed that people that main them drop HARD when using other characters.

Do you have any advice on that? My AA’s get stuffed alot, and meanwhile you are frequently jabbing me out of the air?

Sakura’s crhp is kinda slow but it has a great AA hitbox, you just need to press it earlier

With Abigail, just use standing jab. It’s low damage but it’s a single button and it’s more consistent than his super slow crhp (the latter you only really use if you’re tunnel visioning on the opponent jumping 'cause you’re absolutely certain he’s going to)

Only reason I was jabbing you out of the air is 'cause Abigail’s jump-ins have massive hurtboxes, against Sakura I’d trade at best

1 Like

Seems like every character with a solid mp AA is at the very least mid tier if not high tier in this game.

:thinking:

Just got off like 10 mins ago. Kept getting logged out of the server, so I took that as a sign.

Sorry about my sorry Sakura. I had just started messing with her on your advice, so nothing is really there yet.

That happened to me too earlier. Three disconnects in five minutes. And I really wanted to play more tonight. :disappointed: