SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

I’m gonna experiment this first set if you don’t mind

Go for it!

Projectiles in DBF are good if you think Iron Man’s unibeam in MvC2 was a good projectile. Otherwise they’re all kinda meh.

Assists are mostly trash tier too.

Every forum needs a troll and like Pertho said, he’s at least bringing up gameplay based discussion. He’s nothing near what was usually banned around here.

Only way I’d ban him is if he became too much for Frost, but Frost seems to be able to handle him and that’s the only person he has real lengthy back and forth flames with.

I was gonna ask about this. The assists seem a bit awkward. Like the only 3v3 game ive ever put time into is Skullgirls. I expected the beam assists to be like Robo Fortunes heavy beam but they are way worse

You want chip damage?
Here is your character:

1 Like

I never realized you could be so judicious and even-handed. I’m impressed.

1 Like

The problem with DBFZ fireballs is they’re good for not the reasons a show based on that type of IP or in a sub genre of fighters is normally known for. For a series where people are literally shooting Star Wars level of plasma at each other simultaneously over and over, that doesn’t play out pretty much at all in the game.

Like Pertho brought up you can just look at how the game has zero screen flooding Chris/Dorm/Morrigan/Cable/Spiral type characters. Not that you absolutely need that level of projectile walling, but it’s a direct effect of having characters that can only line very predictable angles of the screen with very honest fireballs for a vs/anime game.

The only character that can come close to flooding the screen at all is Broly and he’s a strange archetype to that. He’s like if Sentinel was the only character that could flood in Marvel and even then he just doesn’t have the movement to make that work like it would with characters that can normally do it. He has to be stationary on the ground to even start flooding and it all travels in a straight line for the most part.

Main reason DBFZ projectiles are strong is that if they hit they can always convert into combos. Making them full screen hit confirms from attacks that don’t put any real hurtboxes out. That makes them good “offensive/footsie” fireballs but not great for flooding or winning matches long term via zoning.

For offense and conversions sake DBFZ fireballs are good, but for allowing a Dr.Strange type of character in the game they’re pretty garbage.

is the SRK2 site still active?

I checked like 2 months ago and it was then.

I have no idea what this VT does lol

Then we are in it together…

So, DBFZ projectiles are more like pokes, but trading off denying entry for conversions at range. Ok.

Reminds me of that Smash clone Rivals of Aether, which has no blocking. The usual RPS of strike block throw instead becomes poke counter crush or something like that.

1 Like

Yeah they’re good enough to keep regular anime players interested since only certain anime games even have any real flooding (and some almost don’t have it at all).

Basically DBFZ isn’t a game that F.Champ or any Cable/Chris player would ever really like getting into.

I made a guy ragequit once with zoning in DBFZ with Broly, as he’s the closet thing to a zoner in the game.

1. His basic projectiles beat everyone elses
  2. They are fucking huge, and he can shoot 6 of them in rapid succesion
  3. on top of already eating a lot of the screen, he can shoot them across or up, so there is simply no avoiding them

You can homing dash them for free, but then I just anticipate this and cancel into his qcf+S fireball(which is also the best special projectile in the game) which is fully armoured, and gives a nice little animation when your pitiful homing dash bounces off the armour and gets you hit by the projectile into full conversion with assist or vanish

That normally isn’t enough to win the game right there because once you get the pressure you wanna follow up but dude sucked anyways so I just did that for 2 of his characters then he quit teeeeheeee

3 Likes

Also another note about dbfz. I mention Broly having the best projectiles on basically every front in the game, compared to every other character.

He’s considered mid-tier at absolute best. Projectiles ain’t a big deal in dbfz.

That’s why Broly works for you because he’s already a wall/big body archetype and then just conveniently also has the game’s best zoning to keep people from getting to the armor/big body part.

Well it’s been over a year but I finally have a team in DBFZ. Rocking Jiren Cell n’ Vegeta anchor. I’m still at the online rank where people just homing dash at you over and over again. So I can’t really judge if it’s a good team. But for the longest time I couldn’t find a third person I really clicked with. Thank god for my boy Jiren

1 Like

Don’t jump over his heavy booms when they are out. They recover pretty fast. If I’m fullscreen try charging a fireball

my fav thing about broly is TK air grab. My biggest weakness in DBFZ is I play way too grounded a game and broly helps by saying fuck all your dumb fucking jumping with his near screen tall, armoured, pixel off the ground air grab that does 20% raw let alone any conversions.

Also it has a bunch of dumb left/right gimmicks with an assist call cause he auto-faces enemy if he crosses over them.

2 Likes