SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

Frame data backs him up. Ken and Chun have 15 frame dashes.

1 Like

FAT has Chun and Ken listed at 15f and i don’t think the speed was changed in S4. For Chun I’m 100% sure since her throw is a +15KD and she is 0 after a dash.

1 Like

waaaaaaaaaiiit a god damn minute

Ken, Chun and Rashid all have 15 frame dashes

6 Likes

That’s fair for them. Neither of them are top tier because of their dashes and neither have like Nash levels of distance coverage with their dashes.

If that’s the case then fuck it. Makoto’s dash 15F, cover 3 character lengths, mid tier guaranteed.

2 Likes

:o games worse than I thought

1 Like

And Rashid can hold the run too, so the distance isn’t set.

Rashid was a mistake

3 Likes

If it’s a command dash it’s not gonna be less than 20 frames, otherwise it’d be busted. Command dashes are usually cancellable and still need the twitchiest of reactions to stop them.

They don’t have the great pressure to exploit it like another character might. As long as they have it though it’s something that will need to be balanced around.

Edit: Actually I’m not sure I agree with what I said… they definitly have stuff to exploit th dash. I am become error.

Mak dash isnt a command dash, she’s just slow as shit and dashes at the speed of light. So the match is always dictating your spacing OUTSIDE of her dash range so she can’t unga you, and Mak has to do shit like whiff normals that move her forward quickly to get into dash range to get started n shit.

But SFV is played almost entirely within close range, where dash is applicable, and you can’t walk in and out as easily like the older games. Mak with her old dash would be a hell of a problem in V. Taking into account she got access to some form of CC to throw as well, along with axe kick.

Fuck her dash > insta axe kick to bait throws would be nasty af. Mak gonna be disgusting.

1 Like

As long as movement is fun and I get rewards for actually hitting people, I’m good. I got some sweet edgeguards and 50%+ combos, which is more satisfying than anything I could do with swordies in the last two Smash games.

I have more problem with Vega’s 17F dash just because it covers more distance than their 15 frames and he has a command grab mode lol. He’s Makoto lite in bare hand.

2 Likes

I have a lot of trouble seeing and reacting to his dash for some reason.

As a result I am very free to Vega at the moment

Vega’s animates weirdly, like Ryu’s. He just kinda floats forward. A lot of the dashes in V are poorly animated. Cody as well. No arching of the back, just kinda float forward very quickly.

Vega is definitely tele-dash tier lol i abuse the fuck out of it. At least once every match I get someone with a fake throw loop

Ken and chun have 15 frame forward dash, he’s right.

bit late on that one but ye me have pea brain

That’s generally why I feel the animations and the distance coverage is stronger than the frames the dashes start on.

S1 Nash Dash was 17F IIRC, just OD animation + lag. Even if it was 16 it was the lag, animation and distance coverage that made it cheap more so.

3 Likes

Holy grail of frame data at your fingertips and you heathens ignore it. Ken and rashid been derping with 15 frame dashes while having runs. Smh thought this was common knowledge.

1 Like