SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

Kolin isn’t the most popular character so outside of a discord probably isn’t much just laying around. Dunno if there’s any Youtube videos of all of her VT2 setups.

Or you can just watch Neon’s stream and see what people get hit by the most.

That is what you get for being a filthy pad player!

I have.

I think I may just pick one and focus on it, and record it myself.

It would be a good learning experience (making guides really helps you weasel stuff out of a character and learn things), and it could give a resource to others.

1 isn’t an issue. Stop being a whiny bitch.

2 is probably a legit execution barrier. Even anime players tend to rank stuff like manual delays at a higher execution level. Stop beating yourself up over it. It’s all about overcoming that barrier.

2 Likes

Kolins got allot of weird hail mix ups. I think Neon is uploading videos and if you follow him on Twitter you’ll see some shit. I’ve book marked allot of those. I still can’t do half of them that decent.

Remember the good old days when there were web forums with stickied collections of up to date character info and tech?

6 Likes

I should learn to play on pad but I hate pad :sad face:

Anime stuff often looks hard, but isn’t.

SF stuff often looks easy, but isn’t.

2 Likes

I did a youtube search and already saw a few videos, but don’t know how encompassing they all are. Probably a start any way.

Oh I’ve found them, it’s just all piecemeal. It makes it harder for me.

1 Like

SFV netcode pisses me off. Rollback basically guaranteed on your game winning combo.

Rollback gave your opponent a free combo with a VT activation. Did you eat the mixup? Yes? Probably dead. No? Hold more dumb shit and probably still lose.

RIP.

Shit is fucking tilting.

2 Likes

Seriously fuck Akuma’s b.HP I can be right behind him and still hits like wtf?!!!

But they nerfed Cammy crossup AA…

You had to jump, didn’t you?

1 Like

Never jump.

Unless you are @GetTheTables who gets to jump in for free whenever he wants.

The problem isn’t rollback netcode. If played 3SOE with GGPO, once they worked out a kink or two that shit was godlike. People are playing MvC2 online still and that’s rollback netcode.

Capcom of Japan’s implementation of it is the main issue. Probably some hilarious shitty way of going about it. So basically be mad at CoJ because they could pay for GGPO, fly the Cannons to help them (which they would probably do for free for the sake of working on it). So yeah…Capcom of Japan Fighting Game division, the bane of enjoyable online experiences.

4 Likes

man I wish MvC2 could be re released again for current gen consoles and pc… too bad it will likely never happen :cry:

Marvel Infinites netcode is like, the best I have ever played with so its not like its just capcom being stubborn.

Well stubborn in the fact they don’t just fucking kick the SFV netcode to the curb and put in the marvel stuff in its place.

3 Likes

I should add that you don’t necessarily need the GGPO license. Killer Instinct used a lot of the tech behind GGPO (they consulted for the netcode), made their own version of it and it is held in very high regard.

So yeah, CoJ. Fucking Ay. Also Arc Sys on that same shit, stop doing delay based bullshit. We aren’t riding bullet trains in the rest of the world. :japanese_goblin:

4 Likes