SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Well Ryu is a rushdown character and you were playing him, yes?

1 Like

True, but the difference was I still playing defensively.

Defense isn’t weak and offense isn’t too good, Ryu is the weak character whose defense ain’t good.

Upgrade to Guile, Menat or Sagat and experience a buffed defense before season 4.

1 Like

Defense in this game is already really strong, and really could only get stronger with meterless dp’s.

What you really want is stronger neutral so you are on defense less often.

3 Likes

Yeah I would try just fighting fire with fire and see if they can’t anti air your jumps and stop your dashes. Best case scenario you win more often doing the faster, more rewarding strategy.

1 Like

Defense strong in the game with commital throw techs, bad back walkspeed, baitable VRs and CCable back dashing and no more invincible meterless options

Defence is terrible in this game

3 Likes

Sorry guys, I’m just salty after those losses. The defence can be strong (hell I just realized I could do s.HK (CC), HP Tiger Uppercut xx CA as an anti-air for about 450 damage, lol).

I just need to get better.

They’re natural born loser, they wouldn’t do that offline 'cuz they’re online warriors. They will jump into the next TT character anyway, they feel tough like their manhood will never be.

IMG_20180422_175128

Sadly true.

3 Likes

if I was truly hollywood I could have you killed for sassin me!!!

2 Likes

And those things would be adequate if you could do more/win with just neutral. Instead of asking for better defensive tools im saying me need tools to prevent us from always being on defense if that makes sense.

Marduk, Armor King and Julia confirmed. The three returning characters I wanted.
Negan gameplay coming up.
All is good.

1 Like

wow so it took this long for tekken 7 to be worthwhile

2 Likes

He’s some Maximillain styled YouTuber that focuses on Dragonball Fighterz :smirk:

4 Likes

Hey, game was still good before that.

Definitely gonna try all three returning characters.

Julia had no gameplay footage dammit.

Ain’t a Tekken expert, but is Armor King worth any hype or just another Decapre levels of lame clone?

2 Likes

He’s very popular in former games actually. Supposedly plays like a cross between the Mishimas and King.

I watched some of your CFN replays with Sagat. You’re missing a lot of fundamental tools with Sagat so people are going to get in if you aren’t using those tools.

Firstly you gotta use more high tiger shots. Particularly the HP one. They are what differentiate Sagat from other shotos and zoners as the HP shot effectively works as a travelling fireball that covers the air to stop jumpers. It’s the closest you can get to a fireball that can AA while still moving horizontal. They also recover faster than low tiger shots so people can’t jump the gun on you as easily. If you aren’t using high tiger shots you basically aren’t playing Sagat until you do.

Need to use a lot more s.LK also. s.LK is the first line of defense vs those dashes and jumps that you’re talking about. Long range for the speed so can easily get it out there vs dashes and recovers quick enough so you can still buffer in a DP should they jump. On counter hit combos into itself into whatever.

Against characters like Ibuki you’ll want to have a little more active AAing. Use high tiger shots and then if you can finally get them grounded sprinkle in some low shots to force them to take damage on the ground. At silver level of play they will likely just keep jumping so probably better to just keep your s.LK, s.HK and AA’s ready.

Best way to AA Ibuki is just jump if she jumps. If she’s going for air EX kunai that’ll lose to jump MP or jump in button to combo. If she’s just generally jumping can still clip her with j.MP into whatever can juggle depending on angry charge etc.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Jin. I appreciate it!

I’ll throw out more HP Shots and try to use s.LK more.

Yeah that’s part of the reason that Ryu player was beating you. He could feel confident that you weren’t going to throw any high shots to close up his dashes or jumps. Then when he would randomly actually decide to zone you with fireballs he would be outzoning you with Ryu’s fireballs because you wouldn’t do anything other than an occasional low shot or jump. Eventually you felt compelled to jump on him and Sagat’s jump game is honest so that didn’t really phase him.

You wanna have those high tiger shots down so Ryu can’t outzone you and jump around all day. You’re not going to have the luxury to dash around and jump on people with Sagat so you gotta know how to set up your wall if you’re playing him.

1 Like