SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Well said brotha. Chesto!

Smash ultimate entrants are about to be fucking stacked all over.

Got a monthly coming up with a 5000$ bonus and peeps are coming out the wood work. :eyes:
But not a fighting game, lol.

Anybody else watching Capcom cup this weekend? Or do you just want it over so you can see the announcement lol

I’ll be watching, these are my first round picks. We could set up a cute little betting thing.

Big Bird vs. Gachikun - Gachikun win

Caba vs. Xian - Caba win

Daigo vs. Punk - Daigo win

Fujimura vs. Pikoro - Fuji win

Fuudo vs. Chris T - Fuudo win

Haitani vs. Bonchan - Haitani win

JWong vs. Verloren - JWong win

Luffy vs. Mago - Luffy win

NL vs. StormKUBO - StormKUBO win

NuckleDu vs. Itabashi - NuckleDu win

Oil King vs. Momochi - Oil King win

Problem X vs. MenaRD - Problem X win

Sako vs. Nemo - Sako win

Tokido vs. Angry Bird - Angry Bird win

XiaoHai vs. CJTruth - CJTruth win

1 Like

Not bad, although I’ll take Tokido , Xiao Hai and Bonchan.

Watching Capcom Cup? I’ll be behind the scenes manipulating events to ensure Lord Problem X’s victory no matter what it takes!!!

2 Likes

As much as X is a good player, I’d fancy him to get put out this year like what happened to Menas birdie after he won last time. The big guns would have studied the shit out of Bison and his matches.

1 Like

The door swings both ways. Problem too has studied his opponents aka the big guns as evidenced by the last major tournament. I’ve been watching him for years, and he’s no fluke. Mena doesn’t even come close to Problem.

1 Like

I foresee the same probably something of a sophomore curse lol. And Frost I’m terrible at guessing brackets I didnt even completely know who’s in, although I did check earlier and look at a list of players to watch. I agree with most of your predictions except Xiao hai,itabashi, and jwong. Also punk not because I’m that confident in him but because I want to see him place well.

Not sure who’s all in lcq but I’d like to see a oddball low tier get in but it’s probably too stacked.

For sure, I just think the CPT is the purest of the pure. I’ll put money on it that if Tokido gets a rematch it’ll be a smashing !

He’s the form player though. Form seems to matter a lot. That’s prolly why Frostys went for CJ truth.

I’d fancy Punk as a dark horse. We should do a little sweepy for fun.

Ha! He will grovel before Psycho Power… for the THIRD TIME! Hahhahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Looking forward to watching many great matches this weekend.

1 Like

The upper design (red-haired delinquent) is an early concept for the character that eventually became Menat. According to CFN, this incarnation would have been named Rita.

CFN has four red-haired white girl designs for Rose’s apprentice, before they hit on the Egyptian theme. It is also a bit interesting that they came up with a bunch of different fighting styles (BB Hood style assassin, stick fighter, magician that summons animals, attacks with charged playing cards and creates a sword and shield, fights with incense and can turn into smoke, etc), and even different stories (expelled by Rose, tried to kill Rose, is fated to die soon, etc).

I wonder if Falke’s design derived anything from the Egyptian stick version of Menat…

1 Like

He didn’t address either my thesis or yours, the supporting evidence nor anything else. Some dude stating an opinion you like doesn’t mean anything.

I mean yeah, his point addressed the problem. You made a point, I countered it by naming out fighting games that don’t adhere to solely 1v1, the goal post got bent a little further.

It’s purely your interpretation being bent to keep one specific game out of a genre for some unknown reason, I’ll just let you have that retarded opinion? You’ll be with the dudes in the corner grumpy that Smash is at an event.

Lol you didn’t even address your own premise and how it turns games that aren’t fighting games into ones.

Whew lad.

? You fight in a fighting game, I don’t add a strict set of rules to it. Player count, KO method, weaponry, mechanical complexity. The games that sit in the genre have been built from the ground up with combat in mind, they don’t borrow from other genres much for their core.

Games can belong to multiple genres too, like Mario Kart is a party/racing game. Smash is a party/fighting game.

Games can also have qualities of genres without identifying within them. GTA has a heavy focus on the cars and people love racing in it, but it isn’t a part of the genre because it borrows too heavily from sandbox/open world genre too much, racing is more of a subsidiary element of an open world experience.

A great example here is Dark Souls vs. For Honor. Dark Souls is quite genre defining and became a soulslike which is a subgenre within action RPGs, but the PvP within the game is so heavily intertwined with the principles of fighting games that concepts carry over. But the game was designed with so many staples of the RPG genre and the PvP is tacked onto that experience.

Whereas For Honor was built from the ground up as a multiplayer combat experience, it has 1v1/2v2 and 4v4. This game focuses on combat, has a roster with movelists and matchups, concepts carry over from traditional FGs. Because this game was designed with those elements as its primary focus, its a fighting game.

Just use common sense which you seem to lack and it’s not difficult to identify a genre.

People can race in GTA, nobody calls it as racing game.

Smash is a multiplayer game where you can force 1v1 nonsense, but if we don’t call it a fighting game people get mad…?

Its almost as if your premise is terrible from the start. Mind you because then Dark Souls would be a fighitng game too because we can do 1v1 and do it online too.

1 Like

It is!! Not a DOA fan but it’s brilliant.

3 Likes

Smash is a fighting game where you can fight 4people at once or 1v1

GTA is a game where you can race, Rob Banks, go on a killing spree in a lobby, go dancing, fly a plane, go deep sea diving. It’s an open world game with racing as a subsidiary element of an open world experience.

Smash is just a fighting game, that’s the focal point of its design. Again, use common sense.