SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw Abigail’s new sweep was Sentinel’s cr.M/cr.HK

2 Likes

I havent seen Abi’s new sweep, any video ?

I like s.MK buff. Still wish they gave it extra plus frames on hit, but I guess it would be kinda stupid with her walk speed and the fact that c.MK leads to standing mix up. It’s her only plus on block button with any real range and combos on counter hit into s.LK

If you make Bison block s.MK from near max range you can counter hit any reversal button attempt into c.MP, HP shou or c.HP, HP shou/HK tatsu. c.MP is a little safer vs his s.LK, but overall the right spacing either should work. If they stop pressing buttons then you can walk into c.MP range.

c.MP should have always been plus 2 on block so welcome change.

c.MK is the biggest buff they gave her. It leads to the strongest plus scenario she has so now that it’s a real low people are going to have watch their toes all the time now. c.MK always leads to LK tatsu which is plus one on hit and keeps them standing so they can’t play rise games on you. Which that leads to her mediums and heavies that combo into HP shou and HK tatsu. HP shou pushes well with meaty on backrise and HK tatsu big damage into standing mix up.

Yeah her sweep isn’t that good to begin with so not a big deal.

I only used VT1 with her so I’ll keep using VT1. I think at this point her pressure and set play will be good enough that she doesn’t really need a damage dump trigger to comeback. Especially now that I can threaten that low better with the new c.MK. Just give me better double hitting fireballs that she can follow like Chun with that plus MFing 5 hogosho.

@thedarkphoenix her c.MK can’t really be confirmed just raw, not enough hit stun for it. Although you can somewhat confirm it since you can just look to see if they are standing and go for it. Worst you’re minus 2 with a 3 frame/EX dp/best back walk character if they block and if it hits you’re in. The opponent can’t reaction block low to a low attack obviously so either stick them with the c.MK or they sit on down back and you push them into the corner with other stuff. If you can visually see them stand blocking odds are c.MK will hit. If you get them to sit on downback then you’ve won basically.

3 Likes

She kinda almost does if you squint.

Plus she has 1 hit confirms. Pretty much the same character. :stuck_out_tongue:

And she destroys people with her ass, which can be +/-

1 Like

Always tempted 'cause 5 frame EX Peach that reaches like two character lengths away and has armor is really good at punishing people doing dumb stuff

But then can’t punish the -4 shenanigans nearly as well

And can’t walk as fast

Maybe I’ll try it again just for fun or give Sakura another chance with the buffs

1 Like

Double post but this article lead in line is too good to not share (leaving the link in for maximum shilling, emphasis added):

Congrats man you are the Canadian Desk

:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Nah I saved ya at the last minute

Thanks for the assist :+1:

Sak has all the walkspeed and a mighty fine st.LK. Seems worth giving a go.

2 Likes

I always knew Monkey Man was great. Nice to see him getting the recognition he deserves.

3 Likes

Some of the patch notes apparently aren’t exactly in game or don’t work as advertised in game. Like Highland brought up earlier that Sagat’s low shot speed change is almost unnoticeable.

I figured there might be a bit of false advertising with Guile. Walking behind slow booms has always been his thing in every game, it’s just the mechanics of SFV and how good his offense is makes it even better than it usually is. Guile is still gonna be Guile.

From messing around in training mode it seems LP sonic boom does move a tiny bit faster. Means he can’t do offensive set ups with it from as close, but if he gets any real space at all he’ll be able to follow it pretty easily still. L sonic cross still will give scenarios where only one hit hits and he gets to follow the other hit. Still slow enough where you have to deal with shit.

Apparently a little buff he got is that now he’s projectile invincible during most of his super now. That’s after the first 6 full invince he already gets.

2 Likes

@Evil_Canadian don’t forget us when you are famous!

2 Likes

I appreciate the long and thoughtful post, and it actually does help me out…

I have a real bad tendency to get hype for any new character… I haven’t even tried Sagat since the patch, lol.

I just tried him out quickly on my lunch and I’m going to stick with him. I just need to get comfortable dealing with pressure up-close. His changes to s.LP and his dashes should help with that a little bit as well.

1 Like

Win quote vs Mika. This mans is too fucking edgy lmao.

9 Likes

That’s what she gets for season 1.

6 Likes

That is a great quote.

The ellipses makes it seem like he is almost sad about it.

6 Likes

I know the feeling well. I just got out of a very slow meeting where I managed to talk myself around the character cycle again. I was really hoping they were going to make my choice for me by dropping bombs with the S4 patch or big char reveals but they sort of lightly dialed everyone up or down and only revealed Kage. :slight_smile:

I’m always up for sets. I’ll run Laura and you will damn sure learn how to deal with up close pressure, and I can figure out what to do about Tyger Tyger.

1 Like

I hope the announcement is that patches are coming more than twice a year. No real reason to know cammy is stupid or alex is terrible in January and have to hold it until the next year.

Its 2018. We got esports and a near f2p model. Get with the times. I don’t dig the argument about not being fair to the pro tour either. You get fortnite dropping big meta changing patches less than 2 months before people play for 2 million dollars. Adapt.

1 Like

NRS did that with MK9.

It was a terrible idea.

4 Likes

Lots of middle ground between 2 and the 50or whatever mk9 had.

Can i get 4

1 Like