SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

I think a few of the DR guys will get in as well. That’s why I was saying “South America” specifically and not “LATAM”. I think one of those premiers should have been in continental South America.

It’s already pretty hard for players from that region and things didn’t actually improve this year although it may have seemed that way at first.

The article said the pro’s actually get the most points for winning their matches. They get 3, the young players 2 and the beginners 1.

Thanks for the link to the translation. I like this concept and am looking forward to watching.

South America is completely screwed this year.
We have literally 4 ranking events. There will be 3 online events as well, which is an improvement from last year due to breaking the LATAM region better for the net code to “try” to work, but those are still online and the top 8 will still have lag beyond acceptable levels.

So yeah, South America is fucked this year.

You’re right, I somehow got things flipped after I got done reading the article. Anyways I think it’s a good idea and I’m actually looking forward to see how much the amateurs can improve over a few months.

Now wouldn’t it be something if some LATAM players got crowd funded to come to NA events and wrecked some shit :eyes:

2 Likes

Problem is v trigger.

You can play all the nice intelligent moves you want , then clown shoes will flip the table when his 2 red bars are up and helicopter his balls into your face.

Then the ref awards him the game and everyone says " wow, well played there"

3 Likes

I like how that whole sequence started with wakeup jab.

The reason we won’t see LATAM player in Capcom cup is because the level is shit, the best player is Brolynho, let’s be real

Lets talk about this fucking weather and how the heat in my house cant keep up. Its -10 outside right now. Thats -23°C for you non Americans.

3 Likes

It is 8:40 AM and it is already 23C here (74F for the imperial degenerates).
We’re expected to get up to 34C during the afternoon today. Got 35C in the last few days.
I just can’t handle this kind of temperatures.

Please give me my winter back.

1 Like

Don’t post such contradictory statements about the climate, Trump’s twitter feed is going to implode. Poor fellow can’t even spell ‘warming’ correctly when under pressure.

2 Likes

V-reversal. As soon as the 2nd part of VTII lands you can just V-reversal out for free.

Nah, there’s far better candidates for that. I don’t have the (current) performance, nor do I have any real personality to back me (or any Twitch/Youtube presence for that matter).

…plus I wouldn’t want to wear a stupid jersey of a company I’d probably not care at all about. I wanna wear my Jubei t-shirt to events

1 Like

Lol i saw that the other day. Poor guy. Someone should explain the concept to him, and how 98% of the scientific community thinks he’s wrong.

4 Likes

As Pertho said it varies by the character and match up. While you’re figuring all that shit out though my mantra is usually “spend it”. Find the best uses for EX moves - especially the ones you use as part of combos and pressure - and use them at every opportunity.

You’ll probably waste a lot of meter for awhile but you also won’t be hoarding it and as you play more you can get a better feel for when you actually want to cash out and when you can hold back.

Not knowing that cr.MK is special cancelable would explain it. :slight_smile:

Twitch/YT presence is something we can work on. I’ll be the color commentary. We can have our own, much whiter version of Excellent Adventures. End every episode eating a cheese pizza.

Fair point about the jerseys. If we make enough money though you can get a Jubei jersey and split the difference.

I woke up to my phone telling me it was 5 degrees outside this morning. I figured I would end up like Jack Torrance in the work parking lot.

Mannnnnn this is exactly what my biggest problem with the game.

I wish capcom could understand this.

3 Likes

People said the same things before, then Mena won the same Capcom Cup.

Infiltration looked unstoppable in S1 before being manhandled by… Brolinho.

SFV reached perfectly Capcom first goal, reducing the overall gap between players, saying this player or that region is weak it’s inaccurate.

Anything specific though?

I find it funny that mixups are seen as so scrubby, yet the favorite games of the fgc are super duper mixup heavy, like 3s where you get mixed up for trying to block or parry or tech a throw. Parry high and get low confirmed. Parry low and take a mid confirm, throw break and get that ass handed to you, take 5 throws in a row cause your scared of everything else…

Mvc2. Miss one block and Ironman destroys your entire team. Let mags get in once and you get tridashed and psylocked to death.

Sf4 get knocked down once and may as well let go of the controller.

Cvs2 with invincible special moves that require no meter and are plus on block… LOL

I need more cheese. More cheap shit. Less scrubby hand holding kumbaya big stage huge tech window, no range throws that do abysmal damage and good stuff uncorners the opponent or switches sides, lows that are the weakest the6 have ever been in streetfighter etc etc

It’s funny, as much as people say that canceling into safe moves is autopilot, they must never have actually played those games. It’s actualky easier to wiff punish in those games because people don’t expect their moves to wiff and get surprised when there’s a wiff which freezes them up, or makes them do a move right after they wiff that can easily be countered. There’s a lot of footsies stuff that just doesn’t happen when the opponent isn’t actively trying to cancel a move.

1 Like

How to explain Sf5 in less than 30 seconds “Till this day”

7 Likes

Really all of it but especially

“It’s the exact opposite of how any good game should be designed, you should be seeking your opponent up with safe stuff. Not using unsafe stuff to set your opponent up. That’s just clown shit like giving everyone a grenade.”

“Fg have always been using your low risk shit to setup high risk shit, and high risk shit to setup low risk shit.”

“Also, I don’t want low risk HIGH PAYOUT. That’s just stupid. What I want is low risk>high control.”

2 Likes