SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

I miss SFV

5 Likes

I miss owning cats.

I miss the old Slim Shady

2 Likes

I’m gonna miss run in mk11.

2 Likes

Power Rangers in visual standpoint is more KOF than NRS.

A good throw game is basically all that’s needed. Outside of that… because no one but Cammy and Karin realistically have that (good solid tick, good ways to get into tick range, good setups for shimmy) one needs a multitude of things to make up for that. Once again, these are things that MOST characters had in oldschool games.

You didn’t have to search the entire cast to find one or two characters that actually performed adequately across the spectrum.

1 Like

I think if you had a character with a good solid corner game and you could get them there then that’s probably the situation you are talking about. Theres not much scarier in the game than getting cornered by Rashid, Boxer, Bison, Cammy , Ibuki etc.

Maybe you’re just trying to play midrange too much, if you want pressure you gotta hit the corners.

1 Like

But didn’t midrange get buffed in season 4 of sfv? I know that pressure will be the prevalent theme in the game over “traditional” sf play, but I think they are making an effort. We were talking about Zangief st. mp being crazy good now and other characters like Ryu and Chun got some buffs to their midrange game.

oh heal yeah Ryu and Chun got a10 dmg buff on non convertable pokes, that destroys Jump Fighter V now.

8 Likes

I meant more so the neutral presence and reward for playing neutral seems more worthwhile but… ok?

I play Chun, the guy I usually play at the local plays Akuma, trust me when I say he doesn’t give a shit about my neutral presence.

1 Like

Falke makes people stop in neutral. She had a stick and will hit you with it if you don’t respect it.

I’ll probably be playing a few games tonight. I should be practicing Tekken after a disastrous performance yesterday, but I’m a bit burnt out on that and need a change of scenery.

1 Like

Yeah so do I and I also have Akuma players. Outplaying your opponent through your neutral presence seems a lot more plausible now. You don’t need to convert into kd off ex legs every single conversion to get anything done with her as much. Still struggles in certain matchups but I don’t think it’s out of the question to play footsies in this game anymore.

I just realized that we will get only 2 CPT ranking events in Brazil this year. :frowning:
One in my city, the other in Rio.
This sucks so much.

I’ll try it out but I was never big on that game. The frames weren’t my cup of tea, hopefully it’s better now.

If ryu had an actual cr.mk xx non metered fireball worth using I’d just play him, he has everything but a decent neutral normal.

Counterpoking has never been my thing, I’ll leave that silliness to the juicebox heads and the sim matchup.

1 Like

Are South Americans even happy about the 2 LATAM Premier events? That’s 2 events which I assume will get actual money, but both are all the way in the Caribbean though. Which is still a long ass flight for most of you guys except the ones living way up north.

I’ll be honest. I don’t like the hoodie outfit, but this pic has shown me how recognizable it is. The classic design just had the funny haircut as a distictive trait, but this one is recognizable from a mile away.

Also #TeamKorra

I very much doubt most players here have the money to fly to those “LATAM” Premier events.

I am all for the regional finals being taken away from Brazil, but those “LATAM” Premier events benefit NA players more than actual LATAM players.
Cheaper to fly there from the US due to distance and currency exchange rates.

So we got the short stick there and lost at least two CPT evens with JAM Festival and Lima Salty.

Also, we may end up not seeing the actual LATAM top 8 play at the Regional Finals because PR is an US territory and again, it is quite likely that those top 8 are too broke to pay for flight and lodging there.

That’s unfortunate to hear. I thought things were good at first but when I was reading tweets about the announcement I saw some complaints from South American players. Most notable was Brolynho, and I think he basically said it’s gonna be impossible for anyone from South America to get into Capcom Cup.

We will get people into Capcom Cup.
But they will only be from Dominican Republic. It will be very difficult for anyone from under the Equator line to get there.