SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Playing lame can be fun.
No one said it will be fun for your opponent though.

I want an “Avatar: tLA” fighterz. Not an anime I guess but would be dope anyway

3 Likes

Why stop at the Last Airbender? It should just be an Avatar fighter, period. There’s a bunch of great characters in the Korra saga too.

I’d definitely buy that and main P’Li.

3 Likes

Yeah i meant that whole universe.
Korra>Aang don’t @ me

3 Likes

【Grand Master】NobitaNian (Falke) vs 【Grand Master】VOLUG_ (Kolin)

1 Like

I’m a Korra guy, too.

Also kind of sad that for every decent game based on western animation there’s probably twenty Dragonball or Naruto games out there.

2 Likes

even you dont play it. why not recommend bb instead? its the better game :coffee:

I’d buy that first day. I’d main Toph and clap up fools with boulders.

#TeamAzula

1 Like

I do play GG, not as much as BB though.

As a SuperSentai/ PR fan I will stay FAR away from this game, tell ya.

You can tell if you preordered this on the low. We won’t judge you…too much :wink:

Shao Kahn had a boss victory pose in MK9 lol.

4 Likes

The reason why I stopped playing dbfz were many fold:

Defense sucks, the game is pressure in a bottle.
Block one jab and have to hold 20 second blockstrings with multiple high/low opportunities. The entire game was who was forced to block something first, which made over extending very good, much better than it should have been.

Weak ass assists compared to marvel 2 and 3 and skullgirls. AAA assists were one of my favorite things about marvelesque games. You had good offense, but also good defense.

Dbfz has no pushblock… also something I hated with a passion. It’s something that would be stupid in dbfz, but it’s omission is glaring.

As pertho said, lack of a cohesive midrange. Most characters don’t have good control normals that take up huge amounts of screen like marvel, which makes neutral very volatile feeling… like sf5.

Projectiles were pretty weak, exacerbating the issue.

Homing dash while very easy to deal with, also shut down the midrange projectile options too well. Homing dash is an answer for almost everything.

Assists boiled down to basically nothing but pressure and combo extenders and had not much actual use at neutral. They could be used in neutral of course but they didn’t feel particularly strong there.

Same characters weren’t a problem for me because the cast actually plays very differently imo.

I like games that balance powerful offensive options with powerful defensive options. Dbfz felt ALOT like sf5. Very powerful pressure, very underwhelming actual mixups (this is why GO1 could sit there and block forever and just laugh at most of his opponent feeble attempts at mixing him up)

Fighting games in this era are designed the exact opposite way that I like. I love strong, one-off, safe mixups.

I hate long lasting block pressure.

New games have strong pressure and shit mixups, I’d rather have strong mixups and shit pressure.

3 Likes

So you hate it to take actual risks and just want to stay safe with big payouts the whole time.

Go play SFIV, thats your game.

1 Like

The game with meterless reversal , safe as.

1 Like

Well, this is different.

2 Likes

$600K? Gat dam.

the same like last year.

which in itself is still much better then what the others offer in term of price money.

1 Like

LATAM REGIONAL FINAL - FIRST ATTACK - San Juan, Puerto Rico, October 26-28

Can’t think of anything more fair than this.
Brazil totally deserved losing the LATAM regional final after last year’s shit show.

1 Like