SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

The opportunity cost is so low. The game essentially lets you get conversions off stray hits very consistently and I think with the changes to air dragon rush causing SKD, there is no way you wouldn’t take the chance.

Curious what dynamics you find interesting?

With guard cancel being strong and meter gain being reduced and lvl3 being stronger decision making around meter could (keyword “could”) be more interesting.

Yes you can easily convert most hits, but many of those don’t lead to a lot of damage, and now the pressure afterwards will be weaker.

To phrase my comment about dynamics a bit better, there are a lot of different neutral tools, and the variety of options creates different encounters. As stated 100 times one of the issues with the strong box dash pressure was that most characters did it the same.

I don’t think damage is the issue. The issue is that it blows up neutral and gives you hella + frames on oki. Or maybe it isn’t an issue? I don’t know anymore. :mask:

Which thing are you talking about? Guard cancel or vanish>air throw?

I’m talking about just blowing up neutral in general. If I can confirm from jump back ki blast into vanish into skd I don’t see why I wouldn’t since the game doesn’t really reward defensive play. Guard cancel being buffed is good but it’s really the only thing that rewards defensive play and you need to be on the receiving end to even use it.

Yes you should, but that conversion will barely net you 2K (unless you burn more bar), and the pressure your rewarded with isn’t as strong.

Also, that jump back ki blast you referenced was defensive play… being rewarded.

The opportunity cost I mentioned is that by using a strong defensive metered option you have less meter for other things. It’s a waterfall effect, however this early I couldn’t tell you how strong an effect it would be.

I would hardly call that defensive play. You have mechanics that do all the movement and conversions for you.

What about someone utilizing reflect in gaps in a blockstring? Is that being rewarded consistently? I just don’t think the neutral in this game is very good and you are at an advantage of just going in constantly rather than defending at any given time.

The opportunity cost comment makes a bit more sense now. With meter gain being nerfed, might be something to consider as the meta for this season develops.

I want Naruto FighterZ and One Piece FighterZ after they are done with dbfz.

4 Likes

Still holding out for a Marvel vs Capcom style game but with only Capcom characters lol

1 Like

Deflect was questionable in the past as most good pressure was pure blockstun. However, with buffed guard cancel things like stagger pressure will be more useful which deflect can interact with.

When deflect did work it was powerful, so maybe we will see more of that. Certain characters could really take advantage of it too (blue Vegeta being one).

I want them to mash them all up.

Shonen Fighter Z.

2 Likes

Think I have higher hopes for the MvC2 and CvS2 roms to be fully dumped and playable on PC with netcode than half the stuff people ask for.

:joy:

Oh and that’s not happening.

I want a Shonen Jump All-Star fighting game next. I don’t really like arena fighters like Jump Force.

2 Likes

Bea spreading the virus.
Soon all the trees will be made in soviet russia.

1 Like

And all will be well in the world!

Zangief believes in climate change and protecting the environment. You know who to vote for come 2020.

I’d sooner vote for Balrog.

With all the DBFZ talk I got reminded.

That every DBFZ player should play GG instead.

That requires thinking!

@DevilJin_01 You ready for the real crack?

Balanced by Justin Wong. That way you know nobody will have fun at how lame this game will be.