SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Except you clearly hated on it my calling it nonsense and trash in other franchises without giving a reason in your initial comment. Literally hating.

You’re a cool dude so I like hearing your opinion. I just don’t like people act like their fringe opinion is better than anyone else’s. Guest characters would not be any better or worse in SF then any other franchise. It just would make people like you unhappy.

I will say though, idk why yall act like guest characters gate keep other characters. If a dev wants a character on the roster they’d be there. No guest characters does not mean that character from SF -2 that 4 people know about is going to be in the next game. Nor would they be gate kept by having one guest from say KOF.

3 Likes

that doesn’t give Evil_Rooflmanglian views though.

You talk about me say my name nigga. Otherwise keep quiet when grown folks are talking.

Thanking eventhubs

I thought you were one of the good guys :frowning:

1 Like

Yea I’m a casual, I suck at fighting games, every single one of them. But I still enjoy playing fighters, even when I get mopped I have fun. I was just wondering if sf had guest characters in the past. I also LOVED guests in mkx (my first fighter), predator was cool as hell and I liked jason too. But I understand people who want them out of their games, I guess it keeps its purity? I don’t know, to me it’d be hype but that’s my opinion. I respect everyone’s opinions and thanks for replying.

I’m getting out of work soon and I’ll be home in like 2 hours lol

Please be on ;_;

They translated notes better than the other translated notes cause they got a guy what speaks japonaise on they team.

DBFZ does not release english patch notes until days after japanese notes :frowning:

1 Like

Get fucked @Daemos

16 Likes

But mines is…

1 Like

Respect for admitting it

I’ll wait around just for you 'ol buddy but I’m gonna need you to really wrap the foil around your WiFi antennas. I have super fancy internet here but it can only do so much.

1 Like

See here’s the thing. I have to play on Wi-Fi or I lose. How do you think I got to diamond? Skill?

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa hahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa

I’m on now if you want to pummel me for a bit.

Is this you? Goddess_chun?

IT’S RIGHT THERE IN HIS NAME.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s his Rooflemonger side that made the video

Man I’ve given detailed explanations on why I don’t like guest characters multiple times on this forum. I can do some every time the subject comes up, but I think people would dissenting opinions would find that even more annoying. Any character takes time to model, develop, and balance. With guest characters that has to be done and the IP holder has to get paid for the character rights. Just cut out the middle man and make your own characters.

As @Pertho stated earlier, it creates problems down the line. Anytime a company is dealing with an IP that is not their own, you end up with problems down the line. UMVC3 type situations will occur. Where Capcom spent time and money developing an update to the game that never got released due to Marvel.

Even if the game isn’t completely full of guest IPs, there still can be problems that come from how involved that guest IP is in the game. Look at Tekken 7, they have Akuma intertwined with narrative. If Capcom and Namco ever have a falling out that’s going to cause a problem. A better example of the situation is the Street Fighter EX series. You have a group of characters that I personally don’t care for but others love. Arika and Capcom had issues and now those characters are unlikely to show up in SF again. You don’t have problems like that when you make your own IP. You want to release it, use a character again, or hell never have character make a reappearance then that is up to you.

Side note: Didn’t realize how long the post got, I had to honor it with @Dime status :wink:

7 Likes

Nah he keeps his tag the same here and on CFN, so GetTheTables is who you’re looking for

Due to the extreme weather in the area, the Kombat Kast for MK11 tomorrow is postponed to next week cryingmonkey

8 Likes

Shouldn’t have revealed Sub-Zero so soon

2 Likes