SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Noctis barely qualifies as a character, let alone as a guest character.

8 Likes

I’d fight you too if I wasn’t worried about looking like the way your sticks end up or you play gief.

Smh bout to blacklist all gief players.

I still think my favorite guest character was Darth Vader in SCIV. Had really simple and powerful feeling strings, plus you could force choke people and throw people off stages, Palpatine style.

3 Likes

Not all guests are created equally, T7 is the best example: Akuma and Geese are godlike, Noctis is eeh but at least he’s from videogames and Negan can go fuck himself.

One thing for sure is that they are top quality regarding model and animations so I rather see developers earning their salaries with guests instead of clones.

1 Like

Not being able to browse here during work sucks, I miss all the good stuff :frowning:

So here’s a random art post

And I’m at least in time for

Geralt in SCVI I think fits really well. Ezio in SCV. Both feel like they were natural fits.

I was also gonna say Link in Soul Calibur II but that’s my bias talking.

Funnily enough with how crazy Tekken has gotten Noctis doesn’t even look that out of place anymore…though I wouldn’t add him to the list of perfect fits by any means.

As for having guest characters in general, I’m for it. Like Link being in Soul Calibur II is the reason I’m even into Soul Calibur in the first place, it can be a neat way to get people into a game, and they can learn to love the rest of the roster from there.

Like Star Wars in SCIV was dumb but it got my dad into the series on a casual level and he started using Kilik after that. I find it overall a positive, if it’s being used to garner interest.

2 Likes

So, i’ve went from 20k to almost 25k in a few days and I did not even play that much.

I did change my approach though - stopped caring about points, started to ack things that the opponents do correctly, started playing more relaxed and without fear and doing stuff instead of reacting.
Seems to be working…

5 Likes

there are still more people playing it on pc then mvci or sfxt… :coffee:
and i bet with you that you will find matches on ps4 too without big trouble.

Zombies are still technically dead :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

doesnt mean you cant have fun with em

Update notes

• Battle-Related Bug Fixes

– M. Bison
・Fixed so that the explosion from Ibuki’s V-Trigger I Rokushaku Horokudama bomb will not trigger his V-Skill Psycho Impact’s counter-attack.

・If, immediately after his CA Ultimate Psycho Crusher hits, his V-Trigger II special move Psycho Charge went off stunning the opponent, the opponent would be locked into the animation, and no damage would be dealt. This phenomenon has been fixed.

– Urien
・ If Urien performed his V-Trigger II move Tyrant Blaze with his V-Skill Metallic Aura active, and the charging part of the move from 2F onward was canceled due to being hit by an attack, Urien would keep the Metallic Aura state. This phenomenon has been fixed.

– Juri
・ If the projectile attack of L Fuharenkyaku hits the opponent at the same time as V-Trigger II Feng Shui Engine type beta, and this causes KO, the KO’ed opponent will float in mid-air for a short period of time. This phenomenon has been fixed.

• Fighting Chance
– “ARSF Leader,” for the additional costume “Cannon Spike: Cammy,” is now underway in Fighting Chance.

2 Likes

Yall sound so out of touch hating guest characters. Like for just one minute would you guys stop being online tryhards/FGC purists and just try to think like regular people. I have literally never met a person in real life who didn’t like guest characters. It’s always the vocal minority on the internet.

5 Likes

I like guesy characters just fine; I also happwn to dislike IP bullshit more than I like guest characters.

Filthy casuals.

5 Likes

We were all filthy casuals once

That’s what I have to say to you.

Bea <3

2 Likes

Noctis is a good guest and a good character

Got me to reinstall Tekken

1 Like

3 Likes

I wasn’t. I seems like you are projecting your “casual” inadequacies on other people.

I love me some guest characters, but good look carrying your Geese experience to Tekken 8.

1 Like

Naw nigga sit down. Guest characters ruin the aesthetic of every fighting game unless they fit like Geese in T7 or if it’s a guest character from the same universe but different franchise like Final Fight. Everything else is fucking lame.

With Link in SC2 being the 1 exception… THE 1

MKX looked fucking stupid as hell with all those BS guests running around and fucking Ninja Turtles in Injustass lmao!!!

God I’m so glad Capcom doesn’t cater to the “yoooo bro what if Super man fought Goku” casuals that don’t have any taste. BASED ONO

Edit: Oh yeah and guest characters take up time for OG characters to come back. That’s another reason why guest characters suck dick.

1 Like