SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Guest characters are a dicey proposition now. Last thing you want is the IP holder to get uppity with their character in your game.

3 Likes

SF servers down ?

Np…just gonna mess around with some mods and reshade.

One thing that SFV does flawless is looking good. I like the artstyle they chosen and the character models are great ( with some exceptions ).

1 Like

It’s not a 100% fair comparison. It would be much easier for the SF4 community. They don’t need CRTs, two gen old hardware, and the internet community is far more robust, so it would be easier to organize. Hell you use brooks converters if one these hypothetical tournaments wasn’t on your platform of choice. Problem is most of these so called “fans” want to bitch in comments, in Twitch chat, on forums, on Discord, and on reddit. They don’t want to put in the work because they don’t care as much as they claim to.

Stream monsters aren’t part of the community. Stahp.

i’m not a boxer because I watched a couple of fights. Unless you’re in the stream for an old game, you aren’t going to actually find FGC people in the twitch chat all that often.

3 Likes

I’ve heard the argument that online play hurts in this regard. With Melee, lugging a crt is the only option.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think a mostly online community for an older game is that bad a deal.

God fuck no don’t even joke like that

4 Likes

Lmfao

Im takin your points next time

Karma will ensure that youre on the cusp of ultra diamond

Im gonna build a wall of normals, and im makin you pay for it biiiiiiitch

1 Like

I thought they were cool in mkx for example, made the game funner and also proved that popular dlc characters sold a shit ton.

Better use Ken then cuz your G lookin a little crusty brah

That walls coming down

3 Likes

Mah crusty g is all i need sonny

This is gonna be a catastrophic twinblades shutdown, and its gonna last over a month

2 Likes

You realize that I am arguing the Street Fighter 4 community is nonexistent right? Your response just helps my stance.

That dude looks so happy to be doing wall demo.

IMO guest chars are some carny shit. I’m an old FG nerd and I like it when a game has a solid design throughline to the chars.

Guest characters almost always stick out like a sore thumb because the whole reason you want them is their distinct style. Breaks up the whole flow of the game for me.

Not even really a mechanical issue either. Tekken did a good/great job mechanically of incorporating their guest chars so far, same with SC. Even the MK ones seemed to be good (never stuck around those ones ling enough to see). Still jarring, not my cup of tea.

Also the reason I figured out why I don’t like the CAS in SC games. It’s great that you made Mitsurgi look like Ross from Friends but I am way more into the look of the samurai dude.

This is old man yelling at cloud stuff. Especially because for as carnie as it is it super works - the NRS crossover stuff is usually really popular. So it isn’t going away anytime soon. I’ll just have to get really good at fucking up Matt Cordell or whatever random guest char they decide to drop into MK11.

3 Likes

Noctis looks out of place as fuck in T7 but Geese looks like hes been apart of the game since T1.

2 Likes

They want to ruin other franchises with guest character bullshit? Fine. Keep that nonsense out of Street Fighter.

5 Likes

I used to think guess characters were really cool but now… not so much. Too often it comes off as a tacky attention grab.

The MK guest characters are like this. At first it was, “cool a horror character really fits here as they can do the bloody stuff”, but that slowly shifted into “eh… they don’t really belong”.

I can think of only one example where a guest character fit perfectly. That is Rash, from KI3. Yes it’s a battle road guest, but he fits the theme of KI perfectly. KI characters are all pop culture references, and Rash is nothing if not a ninja turtles reference.

It works because even if Rash wasn’t a guest character (ie from another franchise), he would have fit perfectly in KI.

1 Like

Only guest character that would matter is Ultra Instinct Shaggy

5 Likes

An SNK guest character could fit within SFV, but if this were to happen, I would much rather have CvS3 instead.
And a brand new SvC : Match of the millennium using chibi style graphics too!

1 Like

I don’t think current FGC can handle that level of lameness and scumbaggery. Anything remotely fun would get patched out and people would complain that shit is too hard.

Might as well just ask for a port with GGPO.

Noctis is the best guest character ever conceived for a fighting game. We can fight about this nigga. :angry: