SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Because of dashing.

Smash had MLG support, they were on an episode of MTV’s True Life and have had their entire scenes centered around a couple of games. Until you guys understand how much that last part matters, you won’t understand why the FGC is so different.

I play a lot of games I don’t like. I do it because an active community is better than a dead one. I’ll also play them because somebody showing up for a game and not having anybody to play with is fucking shitty. So I’ve played MvC3, Blazblue, MK etc just so people can get a game in on something they like.

I kept doing things to keep my scene going. That meant having to swallow it and deal with a game I really don’t like. Bought a month of PS+ during december to play for a bit with a friend. Then after he remembered he hated the game, I was left with a month so might as well.

I have an idea or two for SRK. If I go through with them, then I’ll probably start playing it again. All in all, the positive things I can do for the community far outweight whether or not I like the game. Some people have have given me crap over that but I don’t care.

5 Likes

The Resident Evil costumes are on sale to celebrate RE2 release. I just got all 3 because I missed out. They’re in a bundle for 11$ CAD

2 Likes

Question: online I see Kolin in ada’s dress a lot, but I don’t see that in the picture for that pack. What’s up with that? Is it a mod thing?

And real talk, i don’t even hate SFV. I’m mostly annoyed cause Sakura’s matchups are honestly fucking terrible. Her buffs didn’t change her already bad ones much and don’t do shit against buffed Gief, Cody, dictator and Falke. Can’t believe I thought she could be mid high, she has way too many bad matchups. She’s barely mid.

1 Like

That’s the alt costume code. Changes/ alters certain costumes (like getting OG banana hammock Urien). I think its holding LP+MP+HP+LK+up during loading/between rounds

1 Like

Okay thanks.

That all seems a little weird. Why hide banana hammock Urien. If 3S establishes one thing about Urien, it’s that the first thing he does when he is about to hand out beat downs… is get naked.

1 Like

I know, right? I love seeing the dude in a suit don’t get me wrong but I would legit pay money to have access to OG Urien without the need for codes.

2 Likes

I’d pay money to erase that douchebag from SF5. Aegis v-trigger was a mistake.

5 Likes

I thought we all hated character bans.

:slight_smile:

People in general don’t love SFIV. I never see any of my friends on PSN, XBL, or Steam playing SF4. By in large SF4 fans are frauds. Not saying there aren’t some hardcores that like it. They are just an extreme minority. If the game was truly loved you’d have seen a grassroots Smash Melee style community form around it. If Smashers can lug around CRTs and Gamecubes for over 15 years, what is the SF4 scenes’ excuse?

4 Likes

I do, but he can still go EAD.

mad

As someone that loves SF4, I gotta agree. Lots of people out here be the loudest ones who cape for certain games just to blend in with the crowd. Seen it way too many times.

1 Like

I get your point but I don’t think this is a 100% fair comparison either. Smash is the only series (until very recently at least with decent alternatives like Brawlhalla) that plays anything like Smash, so there’s no diffusion of the fanbase to other games. You either play the most competitively played installment of that series (Melee) or nothing. Whereas people that play SF have many many other options to play and move onto. There’s no need to stick to one particular game because you’ll find competition elsewhere.

1 Like

late but I cant miss a chance to talk about/shill unist
UNIST is extremely good with the only obvious flaw being that one character (Enkidu) probably needs buffs. Probably. Most of the other flaws with it are questions of taste.

Besides that it’s a very well thought out game that really hits a good balance of almost everything. One of the things few people dont know about UNIST till they play it a lot is that the core of its pressure is stagger/throw, almost every overhead in the game is reactable and their uses are mostly dealing with other aspects of defense. The resource tug of war system they have going on is ingenious and makes the game consistently tense. The normals feel good, pressure is great because everyone can reverse chain in any order, damage is chunky without being excessive, combos are simple but still tough to execute, movement is more grounded with how good you can slap people out the air, always feel like im playing the player just as much as their character, its just a really satisfying game

People love glossing over that for w/e reason.

Like I said before, if the entirety of the FGC was two games, things would be way different. Which is also why eSports doesn’t really work how people wanted it with this scene. It isn’t about any one game, its about a bunch of games.

Should’ve written that James Chen blow up. :thinking:

So, decided to take a break from re2 (before playing other two scenarios) and started playing metal gear rising again.
Game is awesome. That game and asura’s wrath are ultimate power trips.

2 Likes

Has sf ever had guest characters? Like imagine predator fighting akuma, that would be cool. Yay or nay?

No character is bland unoriginal and boring enough to appear in SF and not look like a total out of place thing.

I’m not playing Necalli.

Ban yourself right now.

1 Like

SF has had whole versus games, basically a 50% guest roster.

And once upon a time, you would have considered Final Fight characters guests.

2 Likes