SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

SF5 has it’s enjoyable aspects for sure but it never clicked with me, not as much i would like for a Street Fighter title.

People are always looking for the new thing,and the fact that quite a lot are talking about SF6 rather early in SF5’s life kinda shows that SF5 didn’t have a huge positive impact on a lot of people.

1 Like

What’s with Dramatic Mode that people always wishing them rather than a Tag mode and a Team battle mode like KOF? It’s playing together with CPU controlled character?

People were hating on SF3, SF4 and now SF5 from day one. Every numbered entry into the series was divisive, lost fans and made new ones. In fact, I’d be more freaked out if an SF game was NOT polarizing.

Having said that, it wouldn’t be fair to SF5 or any game to compare it to games from the 90s, mainly because I/we were different people and what brought us joy and intrigue and kept our attention was different.

So as far as fighting games from Capcom in the 3D era, SF5AE ranks top to me, and the trend has been positive so I expect every revision from now on to be incrementally better than its predecessor.

6 Likes

It isn’t playing with a cpu char. It’s 2-player co-op against a cpu… or online 3rd person.

1 Like

Dramatic battle online sounds stupid.
You’ll get stuck between a rock and a hard place and then can watch infinitie jabcombos slowly killing you.

Personally I would just want a game the has solutions to each scenario.

SF5 runs on this weird thing where I know what he’s Gona do, he knows that I know what he’s Gona do, but because it’s retarded he does it anyway.

Then is safe…and I’m in a mix up.

The trigger system is cool, but imagine if you had to actually hit confirm it. It would be totally different.

Low risk high reward should never be in a game for me.

12 Likes

You sure say a lot how much you like SFIV.

A low risk high reward game.

The one thing i can’t take in this game because its so hard to outplay is the way the game is defined by comebacks. Its true comeback mechanics have been in other games but its never been this pervasive over the meta.

Needs to be dialed back.

Everything else can be boiled down to preferences. The skipping neutral and absence of lame play for most characters for example. Some people are degenerates and enjoy that sort of thing. I don’t think anyone deep down enjoys fighting against oppressive unavoidable mechanics

4 Likes

Interesting stuff SNK, but where is our Samsho info we are so eager for?

4 Likes

We need news from Capcom ASAP.

I’m with @Daemos this time, too early to talk about SF6, we have at least 3 years of SFV in from of us still. The only thing I miss is the elite feeling about knowing what happens on screen, SFV is too dumbed down for my tastes. Newbies have to work like we did before in previous titles, they don’t need to be spoon-fed with a plain mechanic, as a loyal player SFV feels frustrating to play sometimes because of it.

I was going to reply to LordWillieStyle’s stuff and the lounge is on fire.

You guys say too much dumb shit. Gonna go back to Cave Story. Nobody gets any knowledge now.

The more i think about it, the more i want a command grab for Juri where she grabs you with her feet.

When’s 4.5 ?

3 Likes

You still got me buddy :hugs:

Damn this thread went places. Every week we go without S4 news the thread gets more savage. Save us Ono!

1 Like

I think we’ll get news at Evo Japan, it’s next month anyways.

2 Likes

Thank god

(I will still be around, but I will be giving DBFZ some attention as it’s a game I like quite a bit. I am enjoying SFV so far, and I still have a lot to learn. You can always @ me)

1 Like

Look Trife we get it alre…wait you aren’t @Trife88

3 Likes

I don’t mind Gouken’s original look at all, no hate on the bald man.

But he looks pretty damn cool with hair ( could lose that eyepatch though )

5 Likes

I always liked the elder version of Assassin’s Fist Gouken

3 Likes

heheheh… hahahah .HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5 Likes

Man this was such a great series to watch.

I wonder how’s the sf5 version. It was released but no idea where to watch it. Also there’s supposed to be a sequel after assassin’s fist but haven’t heard about it since forever.