SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

how the flyING FUCK ARE NONE OF YOU CHUMPS TALKING ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO HAPPEN TODAY BESIDES THE DBFZ STUFF

I SCREAMED

4 Likes

Speaking of SF4 and ports. I just need a SF4 port for the Switch with Karin, Nash, Mika, Urien, Alex, Maki, Sodom and Violent Ken. A SF4 with Tag mode like SFxTK that characters can Tag-out by pressing HP+HK simultaneously even without the rest of the features like Gems, Cross Assault, Cross Art, EX move charging and Alpha Counter. So that it will not heavily alter the gameplay experience other than having a way to switch characters within a single round.

2 Likes

that looks like a lot of fucks thats a massive mountain range

2 Likes

Yea I know you can like a game yet want a new version of it, a better version, I get it. I’m just waiting for mk11 to drop, that’s gonna be my main game.

The only thing I’m interested in with SFVI would be the technology it uses. Capcom has moved away from Unreal4 with their big money makers, and have gone with their in-house engines. Monster Hunter runs on NT Framework. Resident Evil 7, RE2 Remake and DMC5 use their new RE Engine. I wonder if SFVI or whatever new Capcom fighter will run the RE Engine too, and what it would look like doing so.

RE engine but my only gripe is that RE engine is VERY quick to cause frame drops if you throw too much on screen.

forums been telling me Dime has been “replying…” for the last 20 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah but what would sf6 be? Imho it should be a combo of sf4 and sf5 best ideas.

Sf5:
No proximity normals
Buffer on links
Stand tech
Hard to empty buffer normals
Standalone pokes like Urien st.mk

Sf4:
Comboable 3x lights (but not neutral lights like gief and Elena)
Long range pokes
Cancelable ranged lows into safe on block specials that have good pushback
Strong “braindead” AA like ibuki bmp or chun st.mk, shoto cr.hp etc etc
Some way of dealing with strong pokes like a focus attack, but have it be balanced. Sf4 felt about perfect with this. The focusattack system was good save for the fadc aspect which I would take out, personally.
Dashes don’t teleport forward anymore, or if they do they are countered by longer ranged pokes and better AA.

General system changes:

Less emphasis on one hit cancel confirms.
Smaller stages
Faster movespeed
Much smaller amounts of corner carry.

Comeback mechanic can be gained by something crazy like holding buttons during a combo, but that means you get no super meter for getting hit… this isn’t what I’d actuakk6 do but make it a choice to use your comeback mechanic, or something else. And make it a choice on whether to build your comeback mechanic or not. Like you can do a combo and end in v skill, but the v skill gives like half to a full bar, but knocks the opponent half a screen away and the offensive person is at -2. You gain some decent stuff but get some bad stuff as well. This makes it a truly stylistic approach. As it is, revenge meter gained through combo is paltry and there is almost never areason to end in v skill over a damage ender, or momentum ender.

3 Likes

Tranquilo.

1 Like

I love how Dime’s idea of a better SF game is entirely bias to his shortcomings lmfao

3 Likes

Yeah for SF6 i just want the best of both games. SF4 buttons/specials with SFV’s simplicity. I like the button priority system but not in combination with the CC mechanic. I’d also prefer to go back to chip kills and less ridiculous dashes.

Also it would be nice if Capcom could make a comeback system that didn’t involve giving the loser a machine gun. Never thought I’d see the day when I actually miss Ultra’s.

1 Like

Same as basically anyone. Show me a designer that doesn’t design around personal preference, I’ll show you a designer with no love or fan appreciation because people can see their heart is not in it.

I love it how frosty only sees his side of the coin… touché.

As an example, there were things that I put in that I’m not a huge fan of, but seem better f9r the game in general… such as shorter corner carry. Also most of the things I put in, besides the cancel confirm weirdness which is a wholly new school phenomenon, are things I think most people would want. Ie the jab spam complaint was mostly to do with neutral jabs not confirm jabs. I dont have a problem with either though.

I don’t wish for the game to be balanced around things I’m bad at, no. I also won’t preface that, if I did, with it as an improvement for the sake of gameplay.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure all your complaints about balance have been things you are bad at, like using the correct conversion so that it doesn’t wiff versus this or that character and basic QOL issues like that few people actually care about outside yourself. Everyone thinks in their own box, you are no different. The dangerous people are the ones that think they are somehow special and on,y they make good decisions, even if half those decisions are indecision.

I welcome anyone else to put up what they would like for sf6. It’s a nice talk to see what people’s preferences are.

1 Like

lol, comparing an inability to perform an action, as opposed to an action being inconsistent.

One is player fault, one isn’t. It’s been apparent in every SF game, and usually gets ironed out as balance patches roll out as per QOL changes, you’re pretty drunk on that comparison.

1 Like

SFV was made for Jyobin, what’s his SFV tag nowadays I forgot about him

1 Like

You were at fault when you chose to do something you knew was inconsistent… I don’t do inconsistent combos so it isn’t an issue for me.

1 Like

inconsistencies mean a factor of uncertainty, you don’t have an inconsistency occur due to a player error, it’s a minor RNG factor.

You fucking up a one hit confirm and asking for everyone to have safe lows into chip pressure is because you are bad at one hit confirming and have a warped view - thinking they’re a crutch to neutral. Like they somehow don’t require spacing and proper timing like any other normal needs.

But again, Dime will warp whatever need be to fit his viewpoint, brick wall. Good day I’m done replying to you.

1 Like

As an example:

Urien st.hp now no longer consistently converts into full knockdown combo from top or max range. At first, this inconsistency was an issue. But I took a look at it and decided to to do the full combo when I knew it was within range. I then decided to change my reversal punish to cr.mp,cr.hp instead of st.hp cc. Then I also made it so that when the st.ho for Urien hits at an inconsistent conversion range, i either dash up and cr.mp xx fireball which is very consistent, or I do naked cr.mp and take my big plus frames to engineer a soft stagger pressure reset.

And if those things dont apply I will simp,y use a different combo. No need to change the game for “inconsistencies” which are easy as shit to get around.