SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Haven’t tried Menat’s stuff so I can’t speak for it. But considering all the bullshit in other games…SF5 is literally baby’s first SF. I have shit execution and this game is basically cakes.

JFT has several different possible input methods, find one that works for you and it’s pretty easy to be consistent. I pianoed the input when I played her and got it like 95% of the time.

1 Like

The base stuff is pretty easy once you get used to it

It’s optimizing it where it gets tricky, getting all the timing right for various situations (IE anti-airs, different spacings off of cancels, or all the ways Sako uses it to beat blocking and the various options different characters have)

But it’s also why it’s so fun to use and lab

3 Likes

I would argue that execution should not be considered a term for combos, I am an aggressively average player and I play characters with hard combos in multiple games, it’s all about practice
I learned how to do this

In 1 session, I got it to consistency level on the 2nd, learned and made it consistent on the 3rd session and learned the variations and got it off in an actual game yesterday at my local after playing the game for a few days.
Execution in my opinion should be considered how difficult it is to get to the combo, as in how hard is it to confirm the start of your combo and how hard it is to adapt it to different situations, or whatever you wanna describe Sako’s use of menat VT as.
So no Karin is not execution heavy, she just weird because her JFT inputs are much slower when you cancel into it compared to raw, but once you build muscle memory it’s child play.
1 Like

I’ve got some time if anyone wants to play for a bit.

I may mess around a bit with characters I have little or no practice with though.

Yeah, we aren’t going to redefine execution into whatever bullshit it is that you’re rambling about. The term has always been used for how hard things are to do mechanically.

Next we’ll be talking about how Eddie isn’t really an execution intensive character in Guilty Gear. FOH with that.

1 Like

I can send an invite if you’re ready now

i am ready

SHIT I forgot the UI again one sec I’ll re-invite

I’ll stop doing that one of these days

Yeah i don’t actually practice my execution so it’ll stay bad. I’ll try pianoing JFT tho.

14 Likes

Wong is team family man now?

GGs.

6 Likes

Luffy is trying really hard LMAO

1 Like

I can’t believe jwongg not a virgin tbh

5 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I’ve seen far uglier and less socially competent people than Justin get laid on a regular basis.

1 Like

He’s fucking Justin Wong. Who are you?

2 Likes

The first video Wong’s child will see when he discovers the internet is this.

7 Likes

Mika just kills my vibe in this game. No matter how I’m playing, she just throws everything off.

5 Likes

It’s ok, i really doubt she will be in SF6. That type of gameplay is a mistake, almost Fuerte levels of bad.

Relatively speaking Karin’s optimal combos are some of the most difficult. JFT into shoulder juggle is, unlike basically 99% of the other BnBs in this game, something you actually need to practice to consistently pull off.

As a non Karin player I can personally say that I’m not even remotely consistent with that stuff, which I always find out the hard way whenever they release new trials. And I think the only other character that gave me trouble trials-wise in this game was Menat with Trigger 1.