SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

You guys taking that joke way too serious.

1 Like

Take the grab or don’t let him pop Vtrigger. That’s how I handle bison and works pretty well. I just weather the vt storm.

Something I realise the past little while is that the rushdiwn/set up/ meaty nature of the game makes you think you should push stuff all the time or take your turn.

When I’m losing a match up , I’ve noticed that if I just sit and block, I’ll get a chance to get out and start neutral again.

It’s weird, neutral is terrible in SF5, yet it’s the place where you will most likely win the game , at least if you don’t play TT bullshit like Ibuki.

Everytime I’ve come away with answers to match ups it’s always the defending. The defending has to be better.

6 Likes

13 Likes

More hitbox change stuff

Dhalsim Back Heavy Punch 1st Hitbox

Dhalsim Back Heavy Punch 2nd Hitbox

Dhalsim Light Drill Kick

Dhalsim Medium Drill Kick

Dhalsim Heavy Drill Kick

Bison Psycho Crusher

Falke Crouching Heavy Punch 1st Hitbox

Falke Forward Heavy Punch

Falke Down-Forward Heavy Kick

Falke Air Throw

Falke Shotgun 1st Hitbox

Falke VTII Activation 1st Hitbox

I’ll get more tomorrow evening

9 Likes

This is a straight up lie lol, if that is what happens to you then honestly get better at timing your buttons post block.

The thing is like -4 or -5 iinm and -2 in lvl3, it aint gonna be his turn at any time

He’s just spaced so that his button press will wiff punish your faster buttons

1 Like

The game is full of stuff like this, which if the over all system was different that would be ok I guess. Or the characters that could do it didn’t absolutely steam roll you after that.

In G’s case it’s acceptable to me, seeing as thats kind of that the character needs

1 Like

People arent reallt using training mode properly this game. Instead of looking for set ups, you guys should be working out the decision trees of common interactions.

Some situations happen so often that optimizing how you handle them will result in less anxiety over match ups. This is specially true if you okay a character with a reversal. You can find alk sorts of goofy places to challenge people that’ll give it the EX move a higher chance of connecting. You dont necessarily want to challenge every situation where they are plusc but certains doing reversals on certains will definitely unsettle people.

1 Like

yeah you can’t really rely too much on frame drata in this game, funny enough it seems like the more unga characters are the ones that can force this kind of situation more often

1 Like

The downplay, lmao.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Holy shit there is just no saving SF.

3 Likes

What even are the hard to execute things in this game, and are ANY of them essential?

1 Like

Full on yikes. Ain’t shit in SFV hard when it comes to execution. Only thing I actually had to “practice” was Guile VT1 loops lmao.

Zeku’s meterless max damage is tricky but not hard. Menat combos are probably the only thing that requires execution in this game.

Second place goes to Urien’s f.mp xx headbutt and that silly ass microwalk in Falke’s trial.

Lol Guile loops. Probably shouldve learned those the right way. They werent really hard either.

Guile loops (the original ones, anyway) were a bit tricky if you weren’t used to charge or delay cancelling. But once you got that down they were pretty easy. The only ones that are hard were the super optimal ones but those only netted you like 10-20 extra damage IIRC.

The new ones after the nerfs/pushback changes are easy mode.

Think I’ve only gone back to practice when the optimal loop changed in a patched. :joy:

Edit: Hell I even do menat VT1 shit like it’s cake. That’s why I was always surprised by how basic jwong menat was.

I find Karin’s JFT hard, but I also can’t do super motion from player 1 side consistently. I couldn’t do Guile loops either.

1 Like

That’s NL’s fault for not knowing the MU.
Cammy has buttons that reach that far and bull capture is -2 on block.
He hesitated for no reason when he should have pressed and pressed when he should have esitated.