SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Jak can suck a nut. Heihachi was hilarious.

If they’d stuck to traditional Smasher gameplay, pretty sure that game would’ve had a bigger foothold. Dude with the rifle was dope as hell too.

They were so afraid of copying smash… that they forgot to copy smash.

The game was also a low rent, low effort, shit show.

I thought some characters from Legend of Dragoon were supposed to be in it?

Yeah but the plug got pulled before they got released.

I think it was dart and sir dan that got cut.

Seriously though, the gameplay in that game was barely thought through at all.

1 Like

Anybody else ever go back and play USF4 once in a while? I did that just now, my first time in a pretty long time. I no longer have a good feel for that game. The act of walking, dashing, and jumping all feels off to me. And not having the input buffer definitely feels weird since SFV has made me so use to that.

I ended up playing this Ryu player a whole bunch of times. Very low level and was constantly doing LP DP on wake up and randomly in neutral. But it was working a lot for him and I ended up getting Gandhi’d a few times. I mirror matched him and just played a boring ass super safe style to try and teach him a lesson.

He did hold back sometimes but old habits still kept coming back. I was winning easily in the end but it was such a waste of time because I felt very little satisfaction beating him. I wanted to go back and apply some of the stuff I got better at while playing SFV. I ended up just playing the ol’ block and punish game against a pretty low level player and feeling stressed about it because I was scared to lose to him again lol.

DBFZ lcq was really good

also everyone was sweating like pigs on site musta been hot

also also no outside water was allowed on site and they ran out of water bottles on site right away and people had to drink from the sinks in the bathroom. If that isn’t FGC esports I don’t know what is.

at least they didnt poisoned themself with red bull…

2 Likes

is official, I don’t like SF.
I was rethinking of yesterday, I was so happy playing KoF then the KoF players moved onto 2002 UM and a guy asked to play me in SF.
I was having a good time playing KoF desoite getting demolished, playing SF and winning I felt bored.
Now I don’t know if it’s just the excitement for learning as opposed to the repetition of going through my SF gameplan which I have done for years now, but I feel like I have felt this way with every other game I played with the exception of maybe DBFZ.
Maybe I’m just not an SF guy.

2 Likes

Nah man you just don’t like SFV which isn’t a Street Fighter game, it’s a Guilty Gear/BB re-skinned into SF.

3 Likes

But I love BB and GG

2 Likes

GG has humongous buttons, really strong anti airs and a plethora of defensive options so I don’t really see how it’s similar to SFV

1 Like

Well yeah true, I guess the Guilty Gear joke can’t be used anymore.

Street Fighter V still sucks and it hurts. But I will say this last balance patch was a micro step in the right direction.

Edit: Also Capcom called and said they are happy about the early success of Resident Evil and will be revealing the next DLC character in SFV middle February.

Edit 2

And now back to other games.

4 Likes

My biggest sf5 grip is when to push buttons still after 3 years feels wrong or at least goes against everything I’ve learned about fighters up until this point.

Plus the fact that game is so momentum base, and rewards a lot “just do it” behavior.

1 Like

what can be done against Bison’s VT1 as Juri? It feels like a cheat mode, I tried neutral jumping but he will either hell attack me or his scissors and dashes will recover before me and hit me out of the air

See, I don’t think SFV is bad, I honestly never really thought it, sure some characters are way stronger than others, but they have competition. I am just realizing this is not the game for ME

But SFV is nothing like GG.

sfv and gg are basically the same game

street fighter is the one with potemkin right?

5 Likes

Now that is a bad joke.
A really bad one.

If it would be a BB/GG Reskin I would actually be fun.
But no I have shitty buttons, slow gameplay, roundsteal VTs, and the game feels at every corner unrewarding.

In both GG and BB it feels great to press buttons, because these games have actually good buttons.
And they give you reward for pressing them.
Converting a stray hit into a full Combo feels good.
Hitting a CC, because my opponent tried to play footsies (or me) doesn’t feel good.

For all the 09ers

1 Like

What about the scheduled announcement?