SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Against some characters at certain ranges after G’s wheel kick it’s still his turn. Should it work that way? No, but it does.

Also starting to join the camp that G is way better than that Jap tier list says he is. Initially thought he was trash myself but I’ve been running into a few G mains that ran a train on me.

It’s…not though. It’s a different situation. You can move 5 frames before G does, and the interaction depends on what buttons the two of you press. You can beat G’s option if you press something that’ll tag the hurtbox before he hits you, or G can beat yours of you press a button that would miss and he delays, you can prep a whiff punish, etc etc

Like Ed’s Psycho Flicker vs Cammy, if Cammy presses stmk or crhp, Ed can crlp xx EX Psycho Upper and win. If Cammy presses crmk, Ed can press stlk and win. If Cammy presses sthp or stmp it beats any of Ed’s options if he presses something, but Ed can delay crmk xx Psycho Flicker and win. It’s still not truly Ed’s turn though, if it was he’d be able to press something and it’d always win.

Semantics I guess but “G is plus” is just an inaccurate/poor way of putting it

Lol it’s just that annoying SFV shit like being -2 that you shouldn’t have to respect but ya actually do.

There are situations like that G one in a ton of other fighting games though

Around 10 or 11 people added to my blacklist today.
What the fuck Brazilian players have against ethernet cable?
And why the fuck can’t I filter wifi connections on ranked and casual?

2 Likes

You cant punish a correctly spaced wheal kick, but you can just press a further ranged medium. It beats the follow up whiff punish attempt all the time.

It also straight up just loses to a lot of random shit.

You have to space it well and understand when it’s likely to be effective.

2 Likes

Btw when are you gonna do your next smarty talk video

Or are you pouring all your resources into getting Devil’s Reverse nerfed

Thing I’ve noticed is the characters that do best vs spin kick are the ones that don’t have to block it . Falke can pp, c.hp or if reactions are slow ex pp it.

1 Like

Dunno

People asking about fighting cody. And i just beat a handful, but i wanna dial it back and maybe focus on a match where i get washed.

Next time i have a set with tampa i should focus on that.

Or i can just ditch yt all together. Gonna turn 30 this year. Priorities, have a good job and practical degree but not happy with it. Might hit that real life grind and dive back into skool

But fighting games are life

They’re the most important thing of all

1 Like

I don’t rate G, I’ve bodied almost every G I play at different levels.

I just don’t see anything tricky or confusing about him ( like blanks or Bison). It’s just straight up I’m Gona hit or command throw and if you do happen to get hit by a random dash punch it’s like we’ll…that’s not Gona hit everytime?

V reversal him, pressure cause he has no dp…

I mean he’s not bad, but he’s not good. Not proper good.

Bit similar to Cody. Scary if you get hit by one thing, otherwise generally manageable.

3 Likes

I just don’t think he’s absolute bottom anymore. Nothing groundbreaking.

He’s in my “can win a major with a good draw”

I fail to believe G doesn’t have horrific match ups that would just end him.

I think G is in a weird spot where you don’t really need to be that good to steal wins with him and being good doesn’t protect you from taking some losses.

You will 100% beat players you have zero.business beating soley because of his VT1, especially if they aren’t playing a rush down monster character.

He is the ultimate robbery character but that also means he isn’t really consistent which the Japanese rate highly.

4 Likes

Playstation Battle All-Stars has more viewers than the first SFV stream on Twitch.

It’s official.
Ded game.
Pack your bags everyone.
It’s gonna be a long wait.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale was hella fun. I have it somewhere. Zeus was pretty sick and you could go online for 2v2 team games. Only problem was the win condition. Having to land supers to win was a paying in the ass. Characters were cool though.

Watching the LCQ DBF stream after watching a bit of MvC2. Holy fucking shit do games in DBF take forever.

1 Like

Twitch is more about The Who than the what.

If ninja decides to stream a game it would go way up the list.

Also, PASBR is a garbage game.

3 Likes

I finally made Diamond. Feels like the happiest girl in the world showing off her diamond engagement ring now whenever I host battle lounges.

8 Likes

PlayStation All Stars was automatically trash cause Jak was garbage tier. Fuck that game.