SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

I played a guy from the USA and the match was smooth, then I try to play NCK_Feroce and it’s shit :tired_face:

GGs.

Though, I don’t know if Abigail is really a proper grappler, in the sense that especially after the range nerfs, his command grab isn’t what defines his gameplan (unlike say, Laura/Mika/Zangief). It’s more like he happens to have one. Definitely not your Hugo replacement.

Have you considered G? Not a grappler exactly either but his command grab has stupid good range with good ways to tick into and setup into it, and he has a pretty decent fireball. And his anime-esque trait with Presidentiality levels.

But his buttons suck. (I like big buttons and I cannot lie)

Zangief is probably the answer but I don’t like him. Maybe I will screw with G a bit regardless. I was also messing with birdie a bit but didn’t get a chance to try him tonight.

Obviously I haven’t spent a lot of time with Abigail, as I don’t really know how to capitalize on his knockdowns.

I don’t know what it is with Capcom and already designing their grapples to be gross aesthetically.

G is a grappler in the sense that Q is.

Which is to say, kinda, but not really.

1 Like

Nah, G’s buttons are pretty good. Decent range, decent hitboxes, and complemented by how damn good his fireball gets. His flip kick is also good if you know how to space it.

And he gets an armored command grab in VTII.

And he’s a fighting President.

Can’t go wrong with that~

Maybe, I’ll be around tomorrow if your willing to put up with me playing some characters.

I’m also looking at Karin. If I’m gonna play like I do, I wanna get paid.

I’ll be around most of the day tomorrow.

Karin’s always a fine choice~

…just don’t be like me and switch characters every week for 3 years XD

G’s qcf kick is fucking stupid, you really need to be bad at spacing to get punished for using that move

2 Likes

Also if anyone else is playing I’ll be around for another 3 hours or so

CFN magic.

I’ve played Phantom_Miria few minutes later and it was smooth af. The netcode mess doesn’t surprise me anymore.

Yeah SFV online is wild. I can play people on the west coast or across the Atlantic with a good connection but Will is like two states away from me and its unplayable

2 Likes

Swear G’s wheel is plus on block at certain ranges. And even at the bad ranges a lot of characters can’t punish it.

Nope, it’s not

The pushback is so great sometimes that g players dash in or jump in at you because they know you cant reach them with your normal.

Wow, that sounds amazing. Almost like an average footsie tool from an older SF-game. :o

(I’m drunk and sarcastic, sorry)

1 Like

Or your average attack from Tekken

1 Like

Depends on the attack. And the Tekken-game.

T6 and onwards it was a lot easier to stick to people with stuff like jabs and df1. That was a lot less important than in T5 and T3, from my experience.

But yeah, something like df4 for pushback > backdash > confirm a whiff when someone tries to take their turn > launch is still pretty common in T7.

Frame data says its not but if you can’t punish it or it pushes you to a range where your buttons can’t reach, it plus. Lmao

That’s…literally not how it works though

Unless you also want to say that Ed’s Psycho Flicker is + on block

It does push back enough that the situation is weird.

If ED ever gets a consistent cMP>psycho you are going to maul people.