SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

I’m just salty I don’t play any characters that beat him, lol.

1 Like

True. Whenever Gief is good that means people have to start picking up more than one character or have problems. Unless you are super confident you have your Gief matchup up down and all around together it’s easier to just find another character.

Works out that Falke does great against him while also being a main for me. Don’t have to search or pick up a character that I’m only going to play for Gief and not bother with them otherwise. I’m planning to pick up Kage also when I start putting Ibuki back into practice mode and I think he’s not bad at all vs Gief, but Falke definitely way easier vs Gief.

Buffing Laura’s normals alone would make her a lot better, losing st.MK was bad since it was her only real good normal

1 Like

STOP RIGHT THERE!

7 Likes

Can I be honest for a sec? You play Vega and he is definitely not someone I think anyone would want him to be good considering how cancerous he can be

lmao

Pretty sure that’s why he continues to be bad lol. But nobody knows the MU that well so I can get away with fake stuff to make up for his low tierdom

So :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: I’m curious about trying out Sagat.

It’s funny, I was listening to the Eventhubs podcast (don’t @ me) and Velociraptor went on this huge rant about how bullshit G is, that throwing out random ex.lows into activation isn’t a part of good character design. Then Catalyst started talking about how much Cody was going to a problem this year.

Then Vesper puts up a tier list and has G really high and Kage bottom 2. Reminds me a bit of S2 when NA had Rog and Laura really high and Japan thought little of them.

3 Likes

Bonchan makes the Guile match up look free which is difficult. I’d say it’s probably about even in reality. Guile still has great normals and good walk and his plasma is still really good.

Better not fuck with me if Im rocking canon though. I made this … Guile (4 frame) is at the end.

4 Likes

Rog always had random EX low into 3 bar trigger activation and now he can do it into 2 bar trigger activation with a command grab waiting for you. Big deal.

G’s regular dash lows aren’t really as scary as Rog’s and he doesn’t really have other ways to crash the neutral like Rog to get you thinking about it. You’re not going to see any tournament G dash low their way into top 3 of a major. The gimmick will end eventually and he will be blocking too much bullshit to survive waiting for the chance to do shit that Rog can already do.

Neither G or Cody are where S2 Laura and Rog were so the Japanese aren’t drinking as much this year. I imagine their explanation for Kage being low tier is he can’t dash low activate.

Why is Alex still so low? I thought season 4 saved him?

I think I hate this game. Never played a fighting game where I cannot improve at all until SFV.

9 Likes

Why do you feel like you’re unable to improve?

1 Like

You know what made me improve. Teaching other people. That sounds weird right? But I think what happens is you start analysing things, asking questions and it becomes about discovery rather than playing.

Even if you were to make say a Nash thread ( or whatever character) with say Nash punishes, I bet my ass you’d find a punish you never knew before or a button interaction.

People I think just wait now til other folks figure stuff out or they just switch the game on and magically expect to be better than yesterday.

4 Likes

The more I look at MK11 the more I want it…shit just for the customization that doesn’t require Kombat Money

CAAAAAAAAAAPCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOM

They didn’t buff his neutral buttons and his command grabs give no oki. He’s better than last year. I miss his season 1 Cr. MP.

1 Like

I feel like I have been stuck in the same place as a player for awhile now. I practice a lot and get frustrated easy.

I guess one big problem is bounce around characters too much lately have been trying to use Juri love the character but she doesn’t click with me in this game. I feel really limited in my application and understanding of her in this game even though she is more straight forward in this game. As a result I get inpatient and make big Gamble’s.

When I play it feels like walking on eggshells all the time. I am not sure how to get past that feeling have put in a lot of time it feels like I am not truly learning to play.

1 Like

Man all the FG newa recently have been smash, now MK and soon it will be DBFZ, I had nothing to give a fuck about since Capcom Cup ended. I honestly hit “fuck it” on capcom and their dumb radio silence on season 4. ArcSys is beating around the bush by doing dumb social media stuff, granted GGxrd, BBCF and UNIST (yeah I know blah blah french bread blah) are niche, on their way out and while at it they have basically nothing to fix (unless you wanna cry about danger time), but BBtag has had it’s last announcement at EVO, it’s been nearly 6 month for fuck sake.
Also SNK… I mean ok we got Samsho for 2019 and KoFXV for 2020, I just checked the calendar, is 20 fucking 19 maybe start tossing out some sneak peaks at the game?
How is Ed BaBoon beating everyone to this, seriously!

2 Likes

Samsho is supposed to come out Q2 2019. That would technically be 2-3 months and all we’ve seen is the announcement trailer lol. Hype as it was, it’d be nice to see something new … anything.

4 Likes

exactly, how are they letting the conversation being all about MK, you have literally every other country in the world not named GreatAgaina that doesn’t care about NRS stuff and would like something to talk about.