SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

Those teeth though.
ed5

1 Like

Del is gaining his energy and focus as the new community manager for AE.

I think the PC version is out. I play on it sometimes. He’s gonna make sure all of the FGC finally goes to the bathroom and washes up.

3 Likes

I should have just said someone less believable like, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kylo Ren, or Jigglypuff.

But I had Star Trek on the brain.

1 Like

is this the guy from the finals? :laughing:

1 Like

People who’s already satisfied with SFV aren’t in a hurry for S4 news. Sadly I’m on the other side, so I’m pretty disappointed for the lack of news, plus the expectations are becoming bigger like the possibility of an huge final disappointment. In general I don’t understand if their goal is pleasing the already happy audience (shills) or trying to take back those like me not exactly satisfied with the product. Maybe they don’t want my Benji’s, who knows.

Yup. After him came the guy that looked like F.Champ with blonde hair, the brunette girl and the girl with the ice nipples scratching.

Anyone playing tonight

Goddammit man just take a compliment :upside_down_face:

When you call yourself baiting Urien’s EX headbutt and still get hit by it anyway :hot_face:

3 Likes

When I deserve one sure XP

Guile vs Bonchan. Be good to know what Highland thinks about the matchup now.

FT5 Itazan vs Daigo Guile

Ultra David analysis of Itazan vs Daigo

You call this person a friend?

The Japanese Gods have spoken and Cody has been placed bottom tier. Fine with me though because he’s still fun as hell to play. Seems like the Japanese really value defense over characters with big strengths/weaknesses. Characters with 3 framer/ex reversal over robbery v trigger. Probably why G is a lot lower on the list too.

Also why I think Kage will eventually be in the upper half of the cast.

3 Likes

I only disagree with Ryu and blanka honestly. Feel both should be a tier higher than they are. Don’t know much bout Cody other than he beats me when I play Sakura, but dumpster him when using boxer. :man_shrugging:t4:

Yeah I’m with the Japanese. It’s why I don’t value G too much. Good neutral and good regular/VT1 robbery, but why play a character that has to burn a V Reversal everytime someone gets near him with real pressure just to be cheap. Plenty of characters you can be cheap with that also can actually block, jab out of shit and hold onto their v reversals. Having to work for your robbery with huge static costs in close defense just isn’t worth it long term outside of counter picking.

G is just working way too hard to get what Birdie gives you and Birdie comes with better close and neutral defensive options. Pretty much agree with where they have G. Vesper’s tier list has G way too high.

Cody having a 2 bar trigger and a v skill that’s basically a more powerful meterless HP DP allows him better defense and ability to pop v trigger when necessary that say G doesn’t have. Which is why I have him a couple above the bottom row on my tier list. Clearly when he gets going he’s a problem and v skill has to be respected defensively while building him v gauge on hit/whiff. Definitely a safer tourney character than G, but not going to be a humongous issue in the meta either.

2 Likes

They are still too afraid of getting hugged and thus placing Gief a wee bit too high.

Gief is busted. Don’t try to join the downplay squad with Juri and birdie. Gief can never hide when he’s good.

1 Like

They seem to favor consistent always available tools esp when things go pear-shaped over do-or-die one-shot attempts. Makes sense to me.

3 Likes

You’re asking a Gief player to not join the downplay squad. You know we’ve had a whole thread that shows how far you’ll get with that. Unless you say Gief is hot trash and has 0 defensive options and nothing like the amazing green hand SFIV Gief they’ll argue.

With that said Bea’s Gief assessments are admittedly less extreme than the worst.