SFV Lounge: I'm still alive. Sakura's alt is kinda cute

1960 days

so that means xrd time was up 6 days ago

1 Like

But that’s inferno divider. You basically don’t need any brain cells or motor skills to apply that move.

1 Like

Evo line up has sort of meant fuck all since the smash debacle and MK9.

But reality is that any current game consistently getting people should make it in. Problem is that Evo isnt really a community tournament. That has its plus and minuses to it. They get to make concessions that dont make sense like adding games that’ll release 2 months before Evo happens. But the flip side is that games with actual followings get bodied to do gimmicky things.

Take the good with the bad. But considering people are still hella hungry in ST, thats just a bad mentality overall.

1 Like

Do you have an entire thread of people constantly shitting on your game, complaining about it, and wishing it would die?

No?

Fuck off.

1 Like

I haven’t thought the last two years have been that interesting (Nage finishing Machabo with an IK after getting trash talked by Machabo was fun tho). Entries have fallen too afaik. First two years were great, but I’m completely fine giving the main stage to other games at this point.

Yeah we do. Its the SFV Lounge. :upside_down_face:

I’ll see myself out.

12 Likes

There really aren’t that many games to give en EVO spot to unless you’re willing to either bring super-niche titles like Million Arthur, or delve into retro games, or get into contact with indie games like Punch Planet or Metal Revolution

All the other modern fighters have been included into EVO lineup at least once already

1 Like

Which game is that? @MilesRaRiRoRaye said that I was wasting my time trying to keep a 20 year old game alive.

Sucks for him because I’m not the one doing the work and its still a better one than anything he plays.

#MvC2KeptTheSceneAfloatAndFuckY’allForDisrespecting

6 Likes

Lol MvCi

3 Likes

I must not be shitting on SFV enough. Gotta step my game up :sob:

1 Like

Gotta pace yourself. It’s a long way yet to the end of the CPT season.

Honestly probably worth saving up for whatever happens at EVO. That has plenty of potential to be left-right-and-center shitshow.

2 Likes

Gotta bust your balls a little bit on this one.

You talking about smash?
MK11?
DBFZ?
SFxT?
SFV?
SF4?
BB?
SamSho?

Also, “everyone”? Every one of those games has both fans and detractors, at varying volume levels. Other people disagreeing doesn’t make your opinion “garbage”, it makes your opinion different.

If it is smash we are talking about, I would point out that smash… is winning the war (for now anyways). It’s Smash’s world, all the other games just live in it.

2 Likes

I never put the proper amount of time into Xrd like I should’ve. That game is awesome but I kept getting sidetracked playing other stuff.

3 Likes

24 days until reveal.

@DevilJin_01 has deserted everybody.

Akhos optimism is gone.

People saying crazy shit like:

And then people hating on SF5 because there’s not a lot to do but going to SamSho where’s there is even less that characters do.

Its crazy world out there.

10 Likes

You can claim it’s Capcom’s world when people buy/play/watch their games in the same numbers. There isn’t a single non subjective metric where smash isn’t the biggest game right now.

1 Like

Who cares about those goobers?

Half of them play smash because they can’t do a QCF on any type of input device. Not gonna sweat a community that have at one point or another shat on Evo, shat on the community running tournaments they go to constantly, shat on people’s suitcases who were holding casuals for them and shat on pools.

Those item-turner-offers couldn’t make a big ass world tournament for themselves so they cried at Evo to run it for them.

They don’t run SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

2 Likes

Same boat. Every time I would wander back to Xrd I had a great time with it, even though I don’t know that I really settled on a character to play.

Whenever they announce a revision/new version/whatever I want to try and ground floor it.

3 Likes

And crab throwing, don’t forget that. #CrustaceanLivesMatter :crab: :sob:

3 Likes

Yeah but pertho that’s not why we play fighters. At the root of it, the core, inside every man’s and women’s bones - it’s outplaying another human being at the peak of their talent. That’s why we complain and wallow yet turn it back on time after time. Competition.

Me beating some dudes who can’t remember any match ups or are rusty as hell because they play once a year is literally like beating a super silver online and feeling good about yourself.

I swear I could take a game off Bonchans Sagat in 4 right now and it wouldn’t mean shit to me ( or him).

Beating the cream of the crop in the current fighter when they are at the height of their skills? - now that’s why we play and if it’s not, well then you’re in the wrong game.

14 Likes

Im gonna mail you a dead crab over this post.

#ThisIsASmashWorld

3 Likes