SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

NLBC has been slowing down in general. It’s not what it was years ago when Dieminion, Sanford and Chris were regulars. Now that sponsorships are more of a thing it’s easy for sponsored players to just not bother to show up and stream at home. That or move to the bigger Cali scene for certain games.

2 Likes

During the SF4/MVC3 era, every Wed felt like a mini major. Both with NLBC and WNF.

I barely watch either nowadays.

5 Likes

Which goes back around to is the scene actually growing

Yeah I keep forgetting WNF exists now. The Runback on Thursdays with Marvel 3 was a regular for me. Last time I watched WNF was a couple weeks ago where some Necalli player won and well, I didn’t see anything close to what I would find at the top parts of a CPT. Probably won’t watch again. Think an off stream match I watched between No Respect and XSK Samurai was more fun than most of the other matches. Well the VT2 G player was ok but he lost.

1 Like

The Runback was great. That was the night for games like MVC3, KOF13, and Persona 4 Arena. Damn, I miss staying up late to watch those.

2 Likes

Back then there was still enough of a gap between majors and watching international majors wasn’t quite as much of a focus outside of SFIV’s CPT. Now that SFV is going full steam CPT it’s like why watch locals with really good players when you can watch some US or foreign event that will have the best when you’re off work?

1 Like

New Broly is a whole heck of a lot different that old broly, so I can get on board with that.

Gogeta though… eh…

I need dat SFV Japanese Arcade footage to hold me over.

2 Likes

Nephew is basically the best Kolin in the US (if you don’t count Punk’s pocket Kolin). Not even Neon is on his level US wise.

Watched your match vs Nephew. Went as about I figured it would. Counter and V Skill just gonna disrespect Sim’s shit too easily and her trigger is cheaper. Other than trying to outplay him not a whole lot that seems great for Sim in that match.

That’s cool that Joser does the IRL stream. He has a really good Falke too.

I was referencing Dragonball Abridged. Your images reminded me of it. Side note: Bulma is salty about Maron in this clip too.

3 Likes

@Skort

If you haven’t watched DBZA… you should. Even if you don’t like dragon ball. That show is amazingly well done and hilarious.

3 Likes

Is anyone here planning on going to Combo Breaker?

Wanna split a room with someone but no one I know is going

Never been to one but it’s been on my list of things to do one day. I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Mr. Roshi makes that episode BTW. It would funny as hell anyone but his laughing in the background always kills me :rofl:

What a shame, i am sad i missed the Twin/Vesper Kolin thing.

Cool, you can make up for not bothering to meet up with me at that one EVO >:c

1 Like

Tekken 7 is beating SFV in twitch views right now

OH NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD!!!

1 Like

It’s even beating Smash

I guess Julia made the right choice getting into streaming

1 Like

Julia is hard asf to play in tekken 7. She seems more execution heavy than she was in previous iterations.

Enjoying learning her though.

Dbfz needs garlic jr and 1 guest character

Summary

MassiveSnappyHomalocephale-max-1mb