SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

I’m talking shit about Moba/Tower Defense/Team/FPS(3PS) games

THEY ALL SUCK MASSIVE DONKEY COCK

SMALL HITSPARKS BAD
BIG HITSPARKS GOOD

Damn it. Edit: Also the blood hitsparks are for regular hit confirms…the big hit sparks only appear during special moves and such…I think I’ve only watched it twice edit 2: nope, i’m half right half wrong

That came up in the SamSho thread. One thing to note is that the huge sparks don’t seem to happen on every hit, so it’s possible they’re related to the system mechanics.

True. But you could make the same argument for actual sports

Shill SFV and got the nerve to say other games suck. Ain’t even worth a fight with that leap in logic. Smh

1 Like

Except professional sports take an established game and create an infrastructure around it as opposed to constantly pinballing to see what sticks.

So I guess not at all like sports.

1 Like

I’ma play Final Fantasy X

4 Likes

As soon as the Xbox version drops imma do the same.

(I own and have beaten every version of FFX)

The problem isn’t balance or DLC. The problem is how they choose to balance characters. Capcom has decided to overnerf many top tier characters like chun and ryu… for little reason over whining ass fuckwits.

Only nerf chun needed was her iall. Only nerf ryu and the uppercut brothers really needed was invincible DP and stupid jlk

Universal nerfs are also a thing, but universal nerfs don’t affect characters universally… a universal CG nerf doesn’t affect non CG characters… etc etc

I’m fine with balance patching but I really wish they would leave the over nerfing and over buffing out.

It’s wack because the reasons why a character is too weak or too strong are usually immediately obvious.

5 Likes

That was my point exactly, it’s not that they can do the patches, it’s that they make The wrong/too strong changes. I think almost of the companies are getting better about this, but there will always be errors on both sides (eg abigail).

2 Likes

I did not remember Wakka’s accent being that strong.

Bruddah!

Everythime I replay FFX I am always amazed at how well the visuals hold up.

You beat me to it. They either buff people who don’t need it or destroy characters that needed slight changes. And sometimes it’s like there’s a lag on their part and they continue to Nerf characters who don’t deserve it like Abigail. Speaking of which where does Capcom go for input on balance? Capcom unity?

1 Like

It’s in its infancy compared to actual sports. In a few more years, most people won’t even remember the pinballing and will take what will be established for granted.

You are always going to have a little bit of that.

From what I can see the season 2-4 tier lists have been very similiar, so I’m not sure that there have been that many gross failures.

Keep in mind no one is every really sure how these things will shake out. If they came exclusively to SRK for balance suggestions (as opposed to Unity), I’m not sure you would dramatically change the number of weird changes.

The might delete Rashid though, and I’m okay with that.

Late the conversation but patch heavy gaming is one of those things that should be positive but ends of having negative consequences because of human nature. Especially in fighters it makes the experience about the journey it becomes about the destination, which never really comes due to the nature patches and “live service”. It’s always about the next character or the next patch that will add this, etc. Also has the unfortunate side effect of turning customers into whining children who constantly ask/demand/beg for xyz.

On the dev side, the ability to patch at any time has devolved into a system where QA is limited to “does it turn on” and bug testing is left to us. Lots of devs can give less effort to launch content because they can just add more at anytime.

Another big “no” on the dev side is that since they have greater control of their product, I’ve seen in a lot of games you get an environment where you are only allowed to play the way the devs intended and everything else is removed. The resulting product has less personality and variety in the game environment, along with less strategies being allowed.

Last thing but I one thing i hate is that a lot of times you cannot just boot up and play these days. Back in the day you bought your game, put in the disc and you were good to go. Now you have to download the game for an hour beforehand along with the day 1 patch. Even past day one if i don’t play a game for a couple weeks but then i get the itch i have to sit and wait for the update. Most times its not a big deal but if i only have a small amount of free time its super annoying.

Edit: on Capcom’s balancing I honestly cannot tell what metric they balance the game on. Seems like they balance based on their goal for what each character should do along with a teaspoon of casual and high level input.

5 Likes

Yuna is an ugly bland bitch.

I always wonder how much of this sort of thing is the result of the changes cascading. For example, it’s easy to predict some thing if you only changed one character. But if you change a bunch of characters, then some system stuff, it can be hard to tell where things shake out. I think on occasion the strange changes are an attempted developer response to situations that don’t yet exist.

1 Like

You are wrong.

But I will let it slide this time.

Which is why we need to keep old games as is for eternity. So 3S chun can continue boring your attempts at happiness and Makoto can strangle what’s left of hope out of your soul.

:pray:

3 Likes