SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

yeah I will only be watching SFV on sunday then.

1 Like

No GG is weird but it is also the oldest Arc game. They may have been willing to let it take a side spot this year to keep Cross Tag front and center to sell season 2 dlc. Same with DBFZ still carrying the banner.

Hopefully/maybe let’s them chamber up for GG news sometime this year.

I’m pleasantly surprised that SamSho and UNIST made it. Samsho because I honestly didn’t think it be out before EVO and UNIST because I just didn’t see it ever happening. Also kind of surprised BBTAG made it in over Guilty Gear but I’m not really up on my anime games, just figured that GG was usually the premier one.

1 Like

insightfull

Ever since MK9, companies figured that they can just pay Evo to get their games there. It was a terrible precedent then and its kind of a shit practice now. But the nature of the beast is that they get to hold Ls not being straight FGC so that other tournaments get to do that while they get other advantages for it.

You kind of have to look at Evo as the kid with the good image but is a lowkey savage. They essentially have to do a lot of shit because it makes the scene look good and keeps a good rapport with the industry so that people in it get a lot of cool stuff at said event ( which in turn goes to other events because they’ve built good will that way).

I haven’t liked a lot of the decisions they’ve made, but I understand why they had to be made.

1 Like

Pleasantly surprised that DBFZ won’t be a Sunday finals game.

I’m good with this.

3 Likes

Because we’d all love to go to sleep instead of being put to sleep.

Although things won’t be right until MvC2 comes back to headline Evo. It must be so.

its the best game that coulda made sunday that isn’t samsho so it actually super freakin sux

1 Like

Its honestly very likely to be a time constraint thing. Tekken is kind of longish, SF5 can be a bit longish at times too. BBTag will have melt. Ultimate is supposed to be quite a bit faster than Smash 4, so odds are good that they’re just wanting to make sunday a lot more succinct.

DBFZ is boring at high level, I know you make content on it but cmon. Admit it’s kinda ass at the top right now. Meta is asinine.

2 Likes

Also props to EC for the instant transmission repost of the SamSho trailer.

That game looks… surprisingly good? They took getting slammed over KoF14 visuals to heart. Gameplay looks like a SamSho game so I’m on board.

4 Likes

most likely a licensing thing again since the sunday games get streamed on disney channel and stuff too. you know how buthurt they are lately due to it, see evo japan.

it was the most watched game last year so it being boring for people is not the issue.

Well it had to happen eventually.

I’ll see how big the salt pile is in the morning.

D0YWOUBWkAAelQv

18 Likes

Pumped for samsho and awesome that bbtag is on sunday. Good times.

1 Like

This is gonna be worth it just for the social media cluster fuck and the image memes.

1 Like

I would rather watch Smash than another boring SFV Grand Final

1 Like