SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Gracias! Can’t wait

They leaked FF7 remake with a picture from the trailer 30days before E3, everyone was like “faaake, never ever, this can’t be real, bullshit!”.

This
Also them not revealing sources make sense, who the fuck will sell/give them leaks if they betray theyr leakers? :smiley:

If they exposed themselves in that way is because they trust these sources, and as now is probably the maximum we can get

Siliconera is on a roll with these confirmed characters today.

The hype is getting real: Karin and R. Mika are back according to Siliconera

If Urien, Alex, R. Mika and Karin are back in the game…damn…like DREAM ROSTER right there for me since Charlie is already in with Birdie. Just add in some cool newbies and I’m set.

Where are they confirming this?

Do you really expect siliconera to reveal the source of such information?

Yea. If that is true, and even if others on my wish list don’t make it (Makoto, Dudley, Elena, Q, or Vega), I’d still be pretty happy with the roster.

What’s Siliconera’s track record. For FF7, it’s like any news outlet or schmuck could be like “HE HE, FF7 REMAKE THIS YEAR REVEALED AT E3” and get it wrong. So it’s difficult to be wrong about FF7 reveal each year since everyone keeps guessing/pretending every year. If Siliconera actually only put out a single “FF7 REMAKE IS REAL GUYS” article in all of its inception as a news site, then I’d be more likely to trust their leaks.

So in short, are there any “bogus” leaks that Siliconera has purported? How’s their track record on actually confirming real leaks? And what are the statistics for both numbers?

So if those characters are actually confirmed later, I’d give Siliconera a few points of leak credibility but it’s still kind of funky that they did it much after other lists have been revealed. We don’t know if Siliconera saw those lists late and just published that information without doing any digging themselves, especially since we can’t scrutinize the way they receive information from leaks. So they could have just copied the leak from elsewhere without any real confirmation, pretend they have it confirmed, and if it was true they run that option select that “yeah, told ya we confirmed it.”

So if they were “right,” the way they received their info could be bullshit and we wouldn’t really know if they actually have valid sources or are making blind guesses since we have no way to check and scrutinize their info obtaining process.

Some reality check is good. I’m trying hard not to get excited really, but if alex, urien and mika(never cared much for karin) are in, i’d personally have my dream roster fullfilled sans Q.

Well siliconera go dead rising 3 right and some other games as well like a month away from reveal. They’ve never been one to reveal fighting game leak list but I wouldn’t put it past them nowadays since their site kinda changed to promote more games and info.

It’s too late for me I’m WAY too hyped now. OMG !!!

the cast in SFV is already better than the SF4 cast lol

There has to be a reveal at either this or EVO (hopefully both, probably one). I’m excited.

According to the theory of 16 characters, two characters for each stage:

Bold = Stages an characters confirmed
Italics = Rumored by Silliconera
Regular = Personal guess

JAPAN
1. Ryu
2. Sakura

CHINA
3. Chun-Li

4. ???

ENGLAND
5. Birdie
6. Cammy

USA
7. Alex
8. Karin

BRASIL
9. Blanka
10. Sean

EGYPT
11. Nash

12. Urien

NEW ZEALAND
13. ???
14. ???

SHADALOO
15. Bison
16. ???

17. R. Mika

It has been said the first version of the game will feature 16 characters.

With Nash and Sean there, could Akuma, Ken and Guile take a break this time, and come back for the next version?

And
I’d personally wish:

RUSIA

• Necro
  • Zangief

@Magegg sigh, once again - characters and the stages are not tied to one another!

I’d die if this is true, please be true!

Also that list make little sense

Charlie is murrican, Ken is likely in and murrican too

Karin, Mika and Akuma are from Japan, Ryu is already in

I really doubt they can keep 2 char for nation ratio

At this point seem a more likely trend show them in “couples” but not necessary nation related

Ryu/Chun -> SF2 Icons/veterans
Charlie/Dictator -> rivals
Cammy/Birdie -> English char (+ english stage at theyr reveal)

Following that logic it may be something like

Alex/Urien -> SF3 returning ones
Alex/Ken -> murricans (+ murrica stage?)
Zangief/R.Mika -> wrestlers/related characters
Zangief/Alex -> wrestlers
R.Mika /Alex -> wrestlers
Urien/New Boss-> Boss-SubBoss/Illuminati shit?

Even the way Siliconera given that 4 char leak seem as couples

Alex/Urien
R.Mika/Karin -> japanese girls

Also they may be chosen specifically for events, see Ono saying that a brazilian char will be revealed at brazilian event

Maybe

Alex/Urien-> EVO -> SF3 nostalgic fanbase event
R.Mika/Karin -> Tokyo Games Show -> japan gonna japan

:smiley:

Yeah but check at Nash’s background on his artwork:

Aside from being Japanese, Ryu and Mika have little in common. You can put Mika to fight over a pagoda rooftop or Ryu on a wrestling ring. Well, probably a Japanese festival like KOF XIII’s stage.