SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Even if they make her over a la Nash or even Birdie, I’d like to see how that looks.

You know you’re a bad character in Alpha 3 when V Ism doesn’t even help you that much.

That’s a different game though and with Capcom’s lack of hesitance to radicalize the gameplay and visuals of the characters, the sky is the limit for R.Mika or anyone else really.

Both of you disappoint me. Rowdy Roddy Piper was Canadian, and his WWE character was SCOTTISH. Which isn’t unreasonable as Canada actually has a fairly large population of Scottish immigrants and those who are only 2nd or 3rd generation Canadians from Scottish parents.

Japanophile is the probably the proper term in this case actually. Otaku would be more if he was obsessed with one specific thing about Japan, media, usually referring to anime/manga/video games. Usually also considered to be awkward in social situations, and rarely goes out. Basically a “nerd” is my understanding but with some japanese quirks I can’t recall that make it not EXACTLY the same. He is a Japanophile, obsessed with ANYTHING Japanese. He is just not a very good Japanophile which makes him more like the internet term “weeaboo” as he is obsessed with everything Japanese and incorrectly pronounces/writes japanese words.

o·ta·ku
ōˈtäko͞o/
noun
(in Japan) a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills.

oh we call those “stream monsters” in America

OR the two of them were already assured a spot in SFV at the time, and including them in Decapre’s reveal trailer like that was meant as a double fakeout that’ll only pay off almost two years after the fact!

Now I’ll just quietly remove my conspiracy cap…

I don’t care where he’s actually from. But an Irish character based 95-100% on his character from They Live would be so fitting for SF5. I mean if the character were scottish, they’d just be another lamer “from the UK”.

At some point Retsu was possibly close from being in SF4, there was an artwork with him, Elena and Hugo with SF4 cast… before that Elena and Hugo were announced

Shinkiro, the artist who drew that picture, said he wanted to draw characters which he’s never drawn before. That also includes Rufus, Juri, Gen and the SFIV cast.

I wouldn’t look too deep into it.

I’m perfectly fine with them pulling a Birdie, that’s what I’m hoping for. They could even make her fat for all I care lol.

This looks kinda like CVS2 character arts on the select screen

With today’s Brazil tease from Ono, if it turns out to be Laura/Lucia, then we’ll have no choice but accept one of the assumed “leaked” lists is true.

At the time, Shinkiro was working at SNK so he did the SNK side of the art for CVS2. After SNK went bankrupt, he went on to work at Capcom. SNK resurrected as SNKP, but Shinkiro continued to work at Capcom. So there’s a bunch of promotional art for SFIV, MVC3, TVC, and etc. done by Shinkiro.

And it does look pretty badass, too!

The character will be Blanka! Watch the whole video, people.

Or maybe Ono is just trolling. Hmm. Actually the stage looks a bit like the 3rd Strike Brazil stage. So it could be Oro as well.

No Blanka stage is always in a jungle. Oro’s stages are always in caves. Sean’s SF3 2nd Impact stage is in Sao Paulo. In the stage there is a truck that has flipped over that has Watermelons and other fruit and veggies spilled out of it. In this stage it look like the truck actually made it to its destination except for crashing. My bet is on Sean right now.

We can have more character share the same nation, see Cammy/Birdie reveal

Ken Bogard’s leak was ever been considered legit, and the “Laura” thing started there

But of the two list we seen after only one mentioned her (the first and good one), wich is ok for me since the second one was very shitty

That reveal won’t happen til October. We’ll have to see what they give us at SDCC.

If every stage will serve to two characters, I think this will be Blanka and Sean.