SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

The problem here is that Ken doesn’t need a bigger role in Ryu’s story - he needs a bigger role in his own story. Ken should branch out and start doing his own thing instead of always rescuing Ryu (at the expense of Eliza and now his son Mel).

TL;DR

No, seriously good read. Thought his Jun Fan Gung Fu differed from his later Jeet Kune Do.
Already after I posted I read on Wikipedia I wasn’t right.

Fei does Hitenryu Kung Fu. Hiten Ryu is Japanese for Fei Long. So Fei Long Kung Fu.
Just like Jun Fan was Bruce Lee’s Chinese name (Lee Jun Fan). Jun Fan Kung Fu.

Still Wing Chun invented chain punches. Fei has chain punches. :wink:

Yeah I and that the Hitenryu Kung Fu thing is so it even further follows Bruce’s story as Fei goes on to leave movies and form his own school after realizing he was more passionate about that than about acting. Fei is so much Bruce Lee it almost goes past “homage” lol.

Infiltration? Is that you?

No Ken in SF5 is like spaghetti without the sauce.

I may be wrong but it looks like to me he was soft-leaked in the teaser trailer at about 19 seconds. https://youtube.com/watch?v=KQBapkewQsc&feature=player_detailpage#t=19

giev me terry bogard

Honestly I fell like Fei Long and Marshall/Forest Law are the only two Bruce Lee clones in games who go beyond what they are supposed to be and are somewhat expanded upon as characters. The problem is that they are in hands of Capcom, who seems to not give two shits about developing the character even further and make him a part or the protagonist team to serve a good cause instead of doing stupid shit like constantly shoot movies, and Namco, who like Capcom doesn’t give two shits either, and the series has been about the same damn thing since Day 1 which is basically the Mishima rivalry, and Law has been turned into a goofy idiot and a comedic relief because of his pairing with Paul Phoenix storywise

Both Fei and Law CAN and SHOULD be great characters, not just in terms of gameplay, but their personal character too, their motivations, their deeds, their everything, instead of being stuck in the same phase since the 90’s. It’s quite discouraging. Maybe Capcom has indeed plans to improve its story element in SF and maybe that rumor about Square Enix helping with the story mode was kinda true after all. I don’t have any hopes for Namco to make a more coherent story for its cast, given how big the roster usually is in the Tekken games (it was something like 40 chars in Tag 2?)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/f/f1/Cody-alternate.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110729081521

If you want to count him as a Lee clone, Jackie Bryant in Virtua Fighter utilizes JKD and copies a lot of Bruce Lee’s mannerisms but is completely different otherwise.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I mean - Jacky is a clone of/homage to Bruce Lee, but he is also his own character at the same time, and not just visually but in terms of personality too.

On the other hand i prefer Fei over Jackie or that SomethingLee from the inflatable waifu dools game

Said that Namco BruceLees are boss

Technically Jacky is from Virtua Fighter, not Dead Or Alive

Law is an exact replica of Bruce Lee in terms of the movelist (like more than half of the normals and command normals come from various movies)

Maxi on the other hand…has just the nunchakus and that’s it, he’s probably the least similar to Bruce Lee among all the videogame clones

I can’t say I was actually good at SFA3, but I did like Mika in that game. I feel that she can be retooled to be pretty strong and unique. I think she just needs an updated way to get in on people. No air blocking is also a big help for her I think. That or an air grab of sorts (if she didn’t have one, it’s been a minute since I’ve actually played SFA3).

I know lol

Also we forgot him

Even if he was closer to Jackie Chan probably

Which brings us around to the need for a jackie chan character. Come-on! Tekken shouldn’t have a monopoly on Jackie Chan based fighters. He is long LONG overdue for a return to Street Fighter

http://i.imgur.com/GLWmO5L.gif

Allen Schneider is a great Bruce Lee homage, combining a bunch of his mannerisms and expressions with an appearance like Chuck Norris when he fought opposite of Lee in Way of the Dragon.

Yeah but Allen never had that shag carpet chest hair Norris did. Look closely, he ain’t wearing a sweater. They really missed the mark on that one :wink:

Forget Bruce Lee rip-offs… I need a proper Muay Thai fighter.

A Tony Jaa based new character would be boss… Someone who used Muay Thai Boran

Ugh, whenever I see Wing Chun it feels like vomit is being forcibly jammed in my eyeballs. Blind quadriplegics people could have designed a better stance.