SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

I thought Kikoken was still a charge motion?

Chun Li’s fireball isn’t a motion input, her lightning kicks is. She is still a hybrid and the majority of her specials are still charge.

Charlie was remade, most likely to differentiate him from Guile and put an end to all similarities. They can get away with this because they said they don’t want clones and this decloning was aching to happen.

Birdie was also remade, most likely to differentiate him from Boxer and put an end to all 360/720 commands. They could get away with this because not many people gave a fuck about Birdie or even suspected he would ever return.

Urien has a strong following, is expected to return, and is loved for his gameplay above all else. I don’t think they would dare fuck with him this way. Nor should they.

Yeah my bad it was lightning legs that got changed. My point is nothing is sacred with SF5.

If R Mika (or Fuerte, though I’m highly not expecting him) got in, I ponder if her v-skill would be her run to cancel into those moves.

That said, that could be scene as a nerf as I’m fairly certain v-skills don’t have EX versions and giving armor would be a very obvious EX upgrade.

If it were something new to the character, one potential idea might be something akin to a… oh, I unno. A flip forward that could hit or grab, sort of like Fuerte’s but more just as it’s own move. Thinking about it, it doesn’t really seem that unique or useful, so I’m not entirely sure what it would be if she were in.

As for her V-Trigger, I have no clue. Super Armor is the first idea, but I feel Birdie already has that. At the same time, Chun and Cammy’s are similar in that they’re multi-hitting but who knows, maybe they’ll do something similar.

I really want Capcom to buy the licenses of all EX plus characters from Arika,and include some in SFV.
They’re very unique in appearance and play style.
They’re all awesome: Skullo Mania, Hokuto, Dr. Dark, Sharon, Area, Volcano Rosso, Nanase, and Pullum.
My top 3 (Wishlist): Skullo,Hokuto,and Area.

Hold the button to extend the run; the longer you run, the more recovery you have. She can tank single hits and projectiles, but doesn’t get in free.

Alternatively, make one of her “Flying Peach” attacks have armor and build V-Trigger on hit and absorb. It’s horribly unsafe still, but now it has the properties to justify using it as a hard read.

Excluding Skullomania, I never really found any of the EX crowd that memorable. They looked like the kind of characters you’d see in a game trying to copy Street Fighter.

That and the fact he is the only other “I’m super angry bordering on DBZ” char besides Akuma :wink:

Shots fired.

I try telling the 3S community that true Urien players use his SA1 (tyrant punish (tackle super)) but nobody cares because Aegis is the easier damage.

And I don’t give a shit about charge partitioning. It had limited applications, and often times you only see it because somebody wants to do it, and doesn’t really have the read that it’s going to work. But corner tackles combo (again, if Urien is in) should be charge because that’s what makes it most rewarding to do. It shouldn’t be easy to do, as a motion would make it.

I think they are trying to make it fuse with their own SF characters to be free from licensing problems. D. Dark has some way feels like Birdie. I hope they find away for Garuda, Hokuto, Nanase and Skullo to implement they gameplay since they play very interesting and fun.

Urien with Tyrant Slaughter is just a shitty version of Chun or Ken. So it’s probably good for them that they don’t listen to you!

I agree about charge partitioning though. kinda think it leads Uriens astray and they end up playing super weird as a result.

R.Mika V-trigger will be turn into crazy tits mode

“FUCK THIS EXPENSIVE SUIT IN PARTICULAR” is one of the greatest standard intros in SF history as well.

It’s the old problem where people focus too much on leaning the advanced stuff and forget that it’s often a good idea just to keep it simple. His unblockable setups are rewarding, but you need to learn how to get to them before it starts mattering. And you don’t really need charge partitioning in neutral, I feel.

R.Mika’s flying peach was horrible in A3 but in a game without air guard it can be an awesome anti air. A grappler with a long range anti air sounds cool, I don’t think it was a slow move either since there was a version with barely any startup. Just bad recovery but that’s ok.
As for her V-Trigger the run is the easiest one but it would be good to have her grabs OTG properties back. http://youtu.be/Kg_RMRgk97o

Feels like senran kagura. :frowning:
Why’d they do that to chun li…
A little jiggle is fine,a little too much isn’t.

It’s a player 2 “glitch” and it won’t make it into the final version.

It’s a confirmed glitch that only happens for Player 2 side, it’s not that way on player 1 side. It’s being fixed.

I was partially joking about SA1. I think it’s only an OK pick in certain match-ups, mostly as a punish on missed supers since Urien has kind of shitty damage output away from corners. Specifically: Ken blocked SA3, Dudley blocked SA3, Chun blocked SA2. Chun it’s less necessary because she has real recovery on her missed SA2 whereas Ken or Dudley, I don’t have a punish unless I’m rocking that super. It’s also pretty good in footsies and as a reversal because Urien doesn’t have shit for true invincible reversals.

Like it’s pretty counterproductive if I do s.MP xx tackle xx aegis instead of using the option to really guarantee damage with SA1. I’m giving the other player an opportunity to block or wait me out. But that was 3S in which punishing anything required tight execution.

And again, I’m not arguing against the inclusion of Aegis reflector. It’s a fun super; one of my favorite supers in all of SF in fact.

If Aegis is the V Trigger, then this needs to be Urien’s new super or something: