SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

What Zangief needs to have as his V-Trigger is a red-focus like armor that can absorb as many hits as you need it to but only for ONE move.

So no bullshit like Red Focus - absorbing jabs all day long, no. He could activate it, and it could be a timer based activation like Ryu’s denjin mode or Bison’s psycho power

Example:
You’re Zangief. You’re up against Ryu. You have a health advantage, but Ryu has activated his V-Trigger, so something like Tatsu or a Shoryuken can quickly close the gap .
Solution - you activate your V-Trigger, your opponent can’t do neither a Tatsu nor an SRK, not even a hadoken, because either of them will be absorbed .So you put a pressure on your opponent - and he either backs off until the Trigger is depleted, or until you lose your momentum and the opponent gets a free and a safe opportunity to strike you and boom, your armor is gone. It can be a mind game between both players to not screw up, because just one hit and no more absorb ,which could be anything - a jab, a fierce ,a roundhouse, a sweep, with one condition - the armor is gone ONLY if the move actually hits you, if it’s blocked - that doesn’t count

Call it Iron Curtain or something :pensive:
I know the idea might sound stupid ,but maybe you guys can improve on the concept I described above?

I suggested lariat be Haggar or Giefs v-skill a few pages ago. With Haggar I’d suggest even making it double up on how it works. He builds v-gauge from using it, but then he also takes some self damage (half recoverable half actual damage). The cost of health is offset by making his v-skill have like full invincibility for a short time like how is lariat works in Marvel / Final Fight.

For Gief it’d just be like his quick spin lariat, maybe give him a bit faster movement speed than in SF4/SFA/ST so he can move forward a bit more. He gains a small on whiff but a decent chunk on hit.

Gief could have his short hop headbutt from the Alpha series as his V-Skill. It can worj the same as Hugo’s knee hop, but with faster startup and a bit more range.

What would Cammy’s v-skill even be if she already had spin knuckle though? What additional tool does she even want at this point?

Hmm… You’re right. I didn’t think about that.

Yeah I was thinking just 1 hit of armor on everything (like Aganos or Glacius in KI). If they use the same animation as his taunt you absolutely can never activate it up close, in 3S the only way to safely get the taunt off was after a super or an EX rushpunch. Stacking might be too much…

OR make it his V-Trigger, he gets unlimited armor but there’s a cooldown everytime he gets hit (kinda like Glacius instinct mode).

I just want to see Q walk through attacks lol.

Well, they already kinda dodged that in SF4 :smiley:

I really hope in the end we get more sf3 love than both leaked lists suggest… Though Alex being on both is a start.

Funny how in a more offensive game Capcom cut out their most offensive characters from SF3 (the twins, Makoto, Dudley,Ibuki) and Alpha (Cody,Guy,Adon,Sakura), but hey, we can still play them in Ultra Setup Fighter 4. Hooray (not). Still hope some of them can be included later.

I really can’t believe how people just accepted those so-called leaks as the truth. This is internet. Don’t believe anything until you see an official post. Having two lists instead of one already speaks for itself.

Hey, they still have a chance to appear later in DLC, if they don’t make it into initial release. I somehow feel like Capcom is going to take the SF4 approach to the character cast and since Street Fighter 4 went 7 full years without a sequel and added 21 characters over the span of 4 balance updates (Super, AE, AE 2012, Ultra) - perhaps they will go this path with SF5 as well, unless they plan to have a shorter life for the 5th installment and release SF6 or another spinoff much earlier this time

At the very least, the original leak by Ken Bogard seems a cut above the rest.

I mean, he called v-trigger way back in December (by name no less!) AS WELL AS Capcom’s intention to not go for Super or Hyper editions, so I’m pretty swayed by his claims of 4 new characters, three of which he gave the names out for.

Which is why I don’t take any stock in any of these later leaks. It’s easy to stick the names he leaked in a list you just made up now that at least one part of his list (v-trigger) has proven true.

Yeah people are so excited with anticipation that they are jumping on every rumor. Everyone is anxious to see who the cast will end up being. From the 2 lists returning characters, this my favorite inclusion to least favorite.

1. Karin
  2. Alex
  3. Eagle
  4. Dhalsim
  5. Urien
  6. Lucia
  7. Juri
  8. Zangief
  9. Vega
  10. R Mika
  11. Guile
  12. Akira
  13. Sakura
  14. Ken
  15. Akuma

Maybe some new character at Comic Con :smile:

First tease R-Mika :

Now remove and tease Rose :

http://sdccblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/UDON_SFEncy_SDCC2015_NEW2.jpg

The other :
Seem to be Poison

Last i don’t know who is she…Ingrid??

I’m guessing Elena on the last image

New character. Also the url says Chun-li in it.

Those mean jack shit. They did the same thing last year when they released SF books with dust jackets they do this, it seems. They are just avoiding doing repeat characters.

As for who they are? I’m not sure on 4th but it’s Mika/Rose/Poison in the first 3. Judging by height I don’t think 4th one is Elena, not enough hair for Ibuki, and too revealing an outfit for Makoto. Other options besides Ingrid include Kei, Eliza, Sarai, Lucia or Effie.

Elena doesn’t wear shoes. I would say Ingrid but that isn’t her hair or her shoes. It could be a doll. There are 2 question marks, possibly a new character?

Rose’s question mark is a different font, could she be in SF5? That’s a bit of a stretch regarding the the question marks.

Sigh…capcom. If you must add gief…look at this thread. look at that omega zangief video. At this point I’d be fine if you added mvc2 gief inspired gief. his moves combo into greenhand. his grabs combo into grabs. I have never even seen omega gief before that video.

Capcom. Omega gief, for sf5 please.