SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

In any case, the years in those dates don’t really apply anymore.

Which was my entire point, that is why they stopped including them after SF2.

Yeah birth years do not matter one bit. Otherwise, you’d get stupid stuff like everyone being ancient…or real stupidity like insisting Street Fighter 4 takes place in the 90s…

I still find it funny how Sagat is supposed to be 7’4 and 174 lbs.

He’d be a fucking skeleton.

Fei and Rose destroyed? They were different in older games, but not destroyed,outside Sim the other two wings multiple majors in SF4 era. Those 3 characters have some tools hard to balance,especially Sim: no more A3 version of him please or another A2 Rose. Like someone said,Rose with her Reflect can sound redundant in SFV, especially with Bison having a similar tool.

Give a look at Gill weight.

What does winning majors have to do with how they play? I didn’t say they sucked. I said destroyed as in they play a lot different than their past versions. And it’s not the fun kind of different. SF5 at least made the changes of returning characters look fun and interesting.

I was giving examples of characters who changed a lot in SF4 and my main point was about how Sim is not just a zoner and can actually rush down.

For Fei it’s probably more because it’s SF4’s engine and the gameplay being slower. He was just more fun in SF2.

Get destroyed it’s your opinion then, they get fixed to the engine to me. SF4 is too slow to make them like their older games counterparts. Not just those 3,SF4 is full of characters fucked by the game engine in term of fun and effectiveness.

I swear that Street Fighter weights are written by someone with dyslexia…they almost NEVER make sense

At least it seem that finally they’re trying to fix that, see SFV Ryu being 84kg

Still. Ryu is 5’9 but he’s built like Brock Lesnar.

Ryu has to at least be 260 lbs/120 kg soaking wet.

@Eternal’s earlier statement, I don’t think Mika is a safe bet at all. She’s just a “fan” pick. I don’t trust polls as much as I don’t trust rumor lists. I think most people who vote in those polls anymore are kids half my age that never even saw a SF Alpha arcade cabinet, let alone were around during the golden age of the arcade. So their opinion and their votes are null and void. They’re just too young to fathom why any given character would be a good or bad pick game play wise and just base their pick on aesthetics (bad) alone.

And I think I’ve said before, but I’ll say it again, that I hope Capcom has stopped listening to the community for ideas on who/what to put in the game. USF4 is one of my least favorite versions of the game, and that’s basically because of delayed wake-up and the 5 added characters. I like those returning characters in other games, but they don’t play remotely close to how they did in their games of origin. And I mean Decapre is just charge Fuerte. We could’ve done without USF4, or it could’ve turned out way cleaner. It just feels like an accident. Like it isn’t supposed to play how it does play. That could be a result that I was familiarized with the series, and then they just made it slower in USF4.

And for how all the other SF4 characters were rebalanced, it was mostly just another retweaking of frames and numeric values. It wasn’t until I played Omega mode when I felt “this is how the game should be”. It wasn’t insane like how the general audience was anticipating, and most characters were heavily altered from their usual selves. But all in all it was refreshing to see such drastic redesign for the characters and the meta game. To me it’s like the unofficial official USF4.

In reference to another’s comment about Fei Long, Dhalsim, and Rose not being able to rush down? I totally disagree. All the veterans in my local scene don’t want to play footsies with my Rose anymore because I rush down that hard with her. IMO it’s about the only way to practically use her since everybody has an answer to fireballs, and Rose’s are the worst, and I don’t like people jumping on me or just waiting for me to throw one so they can nab me with their ultra.

It doesn’t matter if the way Rose plays is a departure from how she was in Alpha, she’s still effective even without soul illusion and guard break.

84 sound light, but counting graphic stylization is kinda acceptable… well, more than 68 kg

MMA middleweight max is at 84, no?

Palhares is just slighty shorter, built like a fucking tank and a MW

I know at fight night they weight more, but i say at least 84 is almost realistic

This pretty much sums up Rainbow Mika:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Ca9ZwITi0

Lmao at that video^

On another note, JWong, PRBalrog, and a couple others were interviewed by Chocoblanka, asking for their opinions on SFV. She also asked them what characters they’d like to see come back, and just about all of them said the same person… Karin! I never realized how many of the top players liked her so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzLya019Hhw

Chocoblanka is so cute! And Justin Wong. And Ricki. And Balrog. We have such a nice community. :cry:

But…PR Balrog has retired

Fingers crossed for a HD remake/release of SFA3 on PSN! KARIN!!

[quote=“Lemres, post:1195, topic:175569”]

Lmao at that video^

On another note, JWong, PRBalrog, and a couple others were interviewed by Chocoblanka, asking for their opinions on SFV. She also asked them what characters they’d like to see come back, and just about all of them said the same person… Karin! I never realized how many of the top players liked her so much.

[/quote]

It’s cause the top players have great taste.

Retiring from fighting games is like retiring from eating ice cream. Fanatiq said he was retiring and didn’t actually retire till like another year and a half after he said he did. Which even then I think he just went to Mobas.

Karin is a pretty obvious choice. She had a very unique play style for a rekka character and probably had the most options out of a rekka of any fighting game character. I’m not a big schoolgirl character person so I don’t care for her visually, but she deserves another game.

I’m mostly just waiting for Viper and Urien. Viper is my new favorite character and although Ibuki is still my number 1 favorite, I just got this feeling SFV is going to make her boring again with grandma slow walk speed.