SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

I wager akuma and Q or soem new character. And for the final revealed initial characters my girl Juri (hopefully solo entrance). Gona be so stoked. It will be like I just won the lottery. Except better.

El Fuerte always felt like he was in the same tier as Dan, like a rival for Dan in the main story and lame in an oddly likeable way. Not a fan of him.

I like him too, youā€™re not alone. Fighting against him thoughā€¦well thatā€™s a bit of another story.

I just hope whatever new characters they make, they arenā€™t fucking clowns like the SFIV cast. Those were some stupid-looking, forgettable characters that I dont care if I ever see again. Unfortunately, given that theyā€™ve made Birdie into Rufus, Iā€™m guessing that thats asking too much.

What? Birdie actually has muscles, and most people consider Juri and Abel decent characters. Iā€™d like to hear why you hate Juri and Abelā€¦

I was told at E3 Ono informed Justin Wong who the next 6 characters are going to be. I guess another 2 characters for EVO/Comic Con, then Tokyo Game Show in September, and by Christmas.

And whatā€™s this about SFIV having clown characters? Viper is highly recognized for her tier position/MVC3, Abel and Juri for their story game designs, and numerous people love Hakan because heā€™s so different. And Decapre has a strong following only she got released late in the games lifespan for most to notice. SFIV had/has some pretty cool characters that can work within SFV.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys but Vega WILL be in Street Fighter V.

Birdie has muscles? On his arms, and the rest of him looks disgusting. I actually used him in A1 and A2. He wouldnt be used in this iteration due to his look.

Juri, sheā€™s decent. When I did bother playing SFIV, I used her. Great character, not singling her out was an oversight. Abel on the other hand; yawn. Heā€™s not a clown, but he is generic as fuck.

That doesnā€™t make those characters any less clowny. Itā€™s also not helped by the silliness and goofiness in SFIVā€™s presentation. And if SFIVā€™s clown characters work in SFV, then thats not saying much for SFV. Noodle head? DERP ass shit.

Unfortunately, you are not.

Juri so Han. I would pick her up as an alt for sure. Vega terrible or not will always be my favorite character to shame others with. There is no sweeter feeling than jump in slash to the oppositionā€™s grill. Iā€™m gonna go play CvS2 now.

I hope they add a character who has a move that go through fireballs, and has a move that beats out dragon punches. And his or her ultra is full screen unblockable.

At some point Iā€™m hoping for a Twelve + Urien reveal, since Urien made Twelve and Twelve has a loyalty to Urien.

Get your ass to Capcom

NAO

This is actually really well thought out and a good repurposing of a lot of Gillā€™s signature moves.

A quickie mini Seraphic Wing for a reversal would look fantastic.

His V trigger would be even better if the properties change depending on which side he is facing. The blue side gives more hitstun and the red gives more damage.

Seraphic Wing can still be his CA if it is adjusted like Bisonā€™s Final Psycho Crusher, making it into a ā€˜grabā€™ style Critical Art. But I like the repurposing of it as a V Reversal instead.

I was never a fan of Meteor Strike, I felt it was a very Un-Street Fightery kinda of attack and hope it doesnā€™t come back.

This is why I think having his CA as Resurrection (only) works. It can be manually activated or it will automatically activate if you have a full ex meter upon death. If you use Resurrection while your V trigger is active, it regenerates health twice as fast (but never more than 50% max health). He shouldnā€™t have two supers, Resurrection on its own is really powerful.

Having said all this, I hope he is in an ice cube to never return and Urien is now in charge. We can absorb some of Gillā€™s moves into Urienā€™s to compensate for his loss.

I donā€™t know man, i watch what they did to Bison and i think that Claw can be awesome in SFV, they can straight revolution him if they want

Also his claw/mask seem something that can work perfectly with v-mechanics

Iā€™m not even a Claw player and still aside my actual mains is one of the first veterans that i hope to see return just for the pure potential

Necro - Magnetic Attraction, he somewhat draws the opponent towards him, like Tager in Blazblue.

VEGA

V-skill: Backflip and forward backflip (end up behind the opponent)

V-Trigger(Claw): Remove the claw, become a lil bit faster, lose range/dmg but gain fuckton of target combos and faster recovery frames with his normals. Basically can go ninja and assault/pressure the opponent with quick combos, but heā€™s ready to backflip away if shit goes wrong

V-Trigger(Mask): Remove the mask, become a lil bit faster and does more dmg (and more chip dmg), but lose more health.
If you hit him he gain an extra hit on his next attackā€¦ if you punch him two times his next attack will be a 3hits (1+2) strike.
Max 4 extra hits.
Basically if you punch Vegaā€™s face when he donā€™t wear the mask he get pissed as fuck :smiley:

Are you high? What a twisted plasphemy is this! A traitor!

He is right though trollface

Do many people want to see more reinventions like Nash or more expanded upon characters like Bison? Nash is a motion-input fighter now and Bison actually uses his psycho power for some additional cool shit.

If they add Eagle, I wouldnā€™t mind him expanded upon and his normals sped up because they always took a couple extra frames to come out compared to everyone elseā€™s. And Iā€™d love to see someone like Sodom completely reinvented or even a SF1 dude like Geki.

Or Haggar!!! Hello Final Fight character!