SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Or follow the Killer Instinct example and make a barebones version of SF5 with just Ryu and Chun and then sell the full package for 40$. Would be fair, no?

I’ve never understood Dan being from Hong Kong. He had a Japanese master, his name is a play on a Japanese word, and he has a Japanese student. How the hell is he from Hong Kong?

Well, his dad did a lot in Thailand (fighting Sagat and all) and it’s reasonable that a Japanese man might live in Hong Kong (being a major hub and all). Plus, if Dan lives there, he might be “from Hong Kong” in that he resides in Hong Kong currently. He calls it home

So they could re-use Chun-Li’s stage.

[quote=“Eternal, post:969, topic:175569”]

No, no it would not. Modeling it after KI2013 is the last thing they should do. I’d take the SFxT style over that, and I hated how they did that stuff with SFxT.

But all KI did was sell a full game for $40.

Except, the game still isn’t finished, doesn’t have a physical copy, and what they actually did was rush to release an unfinished product while people only got hype and took it because it was called KI. When I play any game, not just a fighting game, I want it to be a finished, and completed product. I’m not really sure why having that expectation is somehow foreign to some people.

Eh, I guess you’re right

I really doubt they will add SF EX characters, since they dont have the copyrights for any of those characters.

My top characters **I want **to come back for SFV. Based on their gameplay and compatibility with SFV’s gameplay:

1. Necro
  2. Abel
  3. Urien
  4. Retsu (or another re-modelled obscure character from Street Fighter I - that includes Lee, Mike, Joe and Geki)
  5. Juri
  6. Sodom

Top characters I think will return (not counting mainstays like Guile, Ken, etcetera):

1. Sean
  2. Rose
  3. Karin
  4. Rainbow Mika

Top characters **I don’t think **will return (in the first installment, at least):

1. Yun & Yang
  2. Fei Long, Dee Jay and T. Hawk
  3. Honda
  4. Guy and Cody
  5. Sagat
    (Stupid-ass characters like El Fuerte, Seth or Hakan not counted, since we know it’s clear they’re not going to return)

I could be alone, but the idea of any of the people who were in Street Fighter 2 not returning right away just seems weird to me. I know, there’s a bunch that we could do without and out of say, the Super Turbo cast, some like Dee Jay are probably the “least needed”, but the thought of them not being in is something that I don’t expect.

I must be the only one who likes El-Fuerte.

:cry:

I’m a Vega player but don’t want him in the game even though I think the SFV mechanics would give him many opportunities to exceed beyond his limitations in SFIV.

I don’t HATE El Fuerte. I think he’s a weak ass character design, however…and he’s annoying as shit in that regard.

I also think his general play style is a poor fit for typical SF gameplay. I have enjoyed playing as him, though…but I like a large variety of fighters so he doesn’t feel bizarre to me.

Lol, simply burned out from SF4 Vega. And I don’t necessarily know if Capcom has the mental fortitude to develop Vega in a way that is balanced. He’s either crappy or has serious flaws (like in SF4) or is a bit OP (SF2, xTekken).

You sir, are NOT a Vega player.

You should play Vega in SFA3 and CvS2.

You’re right, I’m a SF4 Vega player. Needless to say, SF4 has really turned me away from that character.