SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

After having downloaded USF4 for PS4, I’m REALLY enjoying some of the changes made for characters with Omega mode. I’m hoping they used that as a test bed for new ideas.

URIEN

V skill: A mini-Aegis reflector. Slow startup but last a lil bit, can reflect even 3 hits projectiles (basically any non CA projectile), does a single hit if the opponent touch it

V trigger: Chariot Tackle gain an energy effect and cause guard crush + good chip dmg if blocked.
Gain an almost SF3like Aegis Reflector as special move, and have a CA that can combo with it for extra damage… like you can smash peoples with CA against the side of the screen, but against an AR it does way more dmg

CODY

V skill: The dodge. Make it like Ryu’s parry. If you do everything right instead EVO moment you get GodHand moment :smiley:

V trigger: Remove handcuffs and basically with his normals goes custom combo mode

SAGAT

V skill: Elbow-Knee guard crush. Basically his SF4 FA animation

V trigger: Angry Scar. Basically a power up version of his SF4 one. Boost normals, Tiger Uppercut and Tiger Knee dmg, even if blocked normals do some dmg. Can’t block but absorb hits as 50% dmg and he’s slighty faster. Can still be knocked down or thrown
Basically you prefer don’t block a 2.25m, 150kg Muay Thai World Champion when he’s pissed :smiley:

AKUMA

V skill: none

V trigger: Turn into Shin Akuma —> V trigger as Shin Akuma: Turn into Oni

Say what?

After Gill got his ass whupped in SF3, I would like to see a “weaker” version of him playable. He keeps Resurrection, with THREE big changes for balance:
-Costs a V-Trigger and a CA to do
-Only gets up to 50% of his health back
-Cannot use meter or V-Gauge (V-Reversals/V-Trigger) after the animation

This makes the concept still solid, but forces him to play around it instead of just having it in his back pocket as an insurance policy.

Gill

V-Skill: Balanced Strike, works like Gouken’s counter but does damage equal to how much white life he has; parried hit is absorbed as white life and Gill loses all white life when he does the attack. Animation resembles Seraphic Wing, and the particle effect changes with the side he’s facing.

V-Trigger: Fire and Ice, his normals gain the properties of his 3rd Strike boss version, where they have lots of damage/hitstun and particle effects

V-Reversal: Seraphic Wing, does much less damage and has the hitbox of Bison’s CA

BONUS

Critical Art: Meteor Strike, but the damage is scaled down a bit so it isn’t idiotic (Unless he’s in V-Trigger)

RESURRECTION: For Gill to use resurrection, he must have a full EX meter and a full 3-stock V-gauge. He can only get 50% of his max health back, and loses the use of anything requiring V-gauge or EX meter for the remainder of the round.

Ya every CoD game is about terrorist

24 is a lot for initial release, I’ll be surprised if they have that many ready by launch. I think the rumored 14 seems much more plausible. That being said…with 6 revealed already that would leave only 8 left. So I would like the final cast to be…

-Ryu
-Chun
-Bison
-Nash
-Birdie
-Cammy
-Karin
-Alex
-Dhalsim
-Makoto
-Ibuki
-Eagle
-New
-New
-New
-New

Being 100% honest I find her personality and outfit cute + hot. Very tsundere.

I’m kinda hyped to see Ken. I really can’t wait to see his evolution.

I really hope the beta is based on the EVO version.

Maki would be so cool.
I had figured Birdie and Alex would be revealed this time, never thought Cammy would be introduced.
I played a little Alpha 3 yesterday and I can see the final cast being mostly that way with a few taken out and few added in from other titles.
Give me Maki or Karin, haha

If they release a full-price next-gen fighter with 14 characters, there will be hefty cries of “betrayal”…especially from casuals. I sincerely hope they have more than that otherwise I can see the game being rejected on principle alone by a lot of people. Capcom’s track record of value-for-money has been run through the mud REALLY heavily in the last couple years…that might damage it beyond repair.

They should just make SFV a tie in to SF3.

And bring in all the cut that didn’t make SF4.

Urien, Gill, Q, Twelve, Alex, Oro, Sean, Necro, Remy.

That would be HYPERBOMB! Hello Blue Nocturne.

that 14 char rumor was already debunked by SRK

And I think 16 char roster is BS too

i think capcom make a awesome job it birdie so i have any probleme to bring Eagle back :slight_smile: and i really like Allen Snider

btw i play stf1 arcade release and sf2ww ce , i dont understant why player complaining to have 24 character for a new game on release , i remenber playing sf2ww and only have 8 character and be the best fighting game of the time ,after 1 year sf2ce come out and just add the 4 boss , and everyone have so much fun back then :slight_smile: ,for my self np the game have 12 or 14 character , and have any probleme buying extra character on dlc or having update ,

The rumor number was 16

Wich maybe can easily go up to 18 with new boss + secret char (:yawn: akuma)

18-20 sound legit as start

I am all for having Eagle in the game. Awesome character that could be expanded on.

There weren’t more than 2 English characters in USF4. The most recently revealed SF5 characters were both English. Ergot, the chances are beyond slim of any more English characters for SF5.

I mean it was debated in another thread about how nationality is irrelevant, or how it should be representative of a character. I think regardless, it’s an aspect of a character that gets factored in for whether or not they get included. We’ve only seen one Japanese character (Ryu) and one American (Charlie Nash) and one Chinese (Chun Li) that it just makes more sense to include more from those countries since Capcom already has an abundance of characters from those countries (Maybe China/Hong Kong not so much).

Street Fighter has plenty of characters from Hong Kong. Lee, Gen, Yun, Yang, Fei-Long, Dan.

yeah that’s why I said “not so much” because that’s still like half the count of characters from Japan or USA.