SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Yeah I want Sodom badly too

Thank god itā€™s not Soul ā€œCaliberā€, fortunately it can still be Soul Calibur :smiley:

Everyone revealed so far has strong ties with Bison. I think this is purposeful as to get all the obvious ones out of the way. I mean when you saw the Charlie teaser, it was immediately obvious that Bison was in the game (Omega mode also gave strong hints). Bison also comes with an entourage of friends and foes, expect to see a few more.

Well if you want to be anal-retentive and grammatically correct, itā€™s SoulCalibur like itā€™s 1 word. But go ahead and pretend youā€™re saying something relevant ever.

And to everybody disagreeing, yā€™all Vega players can suck deez nuts.

Why do you always make the most pointless threadsā€¦

I having a feeling either Alex or Oro.

I would love to see Sodom, and/or Eagle, Karin, Ingrid or Maki from Alpha/Zero series.

Someone original.

Similar design to Hakan - not El Fuerteā€¦ original.

You act like SF4 had an influx of weapon-wielding characters when we only had 4 (5 if you wanna be greedy and count Rose) out of 40 something characters. Sodom deserves a spot just as much as Birdie.

Only Motion Moronsā„¢ think that. The charge tempo and play style is AN ART. What bothers me are the idiots who want charge characters to become motion. You donā€™t hear us saying turn Ryu into a charge character now do you? Theyā€™re nothing but a bunch of racists. LEAVE US ALONE!

Anyway, we got Chun Li and Bison who are mostly charge. I think we will get Urien, Vega, and possibly Guile as well. Alex will probably make it in but heā€™s not a true charge character and he will probably lose his d, u+K stomp (which he stole). I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if Blanka or Q make it in.

Thought that was Gill?

As far as the topic, sure chances are reduced if a character is similar to an existing one. Guile has his chances reduced, but still may make it. Guile and Remy? Zero chance. Birdie being in means that the chances are reduced for big grapplers like Gief or Hugo. Cammy being in means that there is very little chance of another of the dolls, and soforth. I think you get the idea.

Thats really cool how everyone in the cast so far has ties to Shadaloo. Karin could make a perfect fit in the story then because her fatherā€™s company has been constantly threatened by Shadaloo. Just rework hrr image and itā€™d be perfect. If theyā€™re going with that shadaloo revenge trend for choosing characters, not much luck for Sakura imo

Seeing how everyone wants Karin, I still would like to see Q come back, since he was only in 1 sf game.

Karin

Ken.

Iā€™m pretty sure Guile will be on this. They wonā€™t waste the chance to see the re-encounter between master and student.

No, he meant what he said, SF2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting

I also thought of something seeing how they already brought in 2 alpha characters, nash and birde, im guessing they are going to bring in more alpha characters.

Iā€™m okay with weapon users so long as the weapon isnā€™t bladed/a gun. Eagle/Rolento work because I can see that being a fair fight with an unarmed combatant, but someone with a katana or chainsaw or something silly like that just doesnā€™t feel right. I mean, how can I expect to punch someone whoā€™s blocking with a damn sword? Iā€™ll cut my hand open in the process.

Scuttlebutt says that a common theme for the roster is that most of them are tied to Shadaloo in some way, whether they were attacked by them or worked for them. If thatā€™s true than that really narrows down the list of possible characters.

Play hate Fuerte because he breaks the SF mold from a playstyle standpoint. No one likes he can bypass traditional SF fundamentals by running around like a retard. Viper and Seth get the same level of hate leveled at them for ā€œnotā€ being SF characters. Being a stereotype got nothing to do with it.