SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Thing is Juri’s FSE v trigger would have to be adapted as to not overlap too much with existing v triggers like Bison’s. But I agree Juri was made for the V system and is easily the best new character the series has had in a long time.

Not really that much. Bison’s gets invincibility, teleports, and specials into ex specials. Juri gains magic series buttons and perhaps farther moving dashes of same frame data. They aren’t that overlapping. The magic series cancel system for Juri would play out very differently mechanically than Bison’s v-trigger.

Cody
V-Skill: Dodge/Zonk. Tap the buttons he performs zonk, hold down the buttons he performs a stationary upper body invincible dodge he can extend for a length of time (say ~25F tops). Dodge can be dash cancel or feint canceled with a kick button to give it a few frames of recovery. Releasing the buttons causes him to perform a zonk.
V-Trigger: Gains his auto-dodge from V-ism, all his normals cause twice as much white health damage on block and cause chip stun damage though they can’t actually trigger a stun without a hit (so no guard break type thing.) Using the Knife chip damage is also doubled, though I imagine unlike normal attacks his knife causes unrecoverable chip damage instead of white health.

Haggar
V-Skill: Spinning Lariat. Invincible attack that causes himself to take some actual damage and some recoverable health damage. Results in building v-gauge on whiff as well as doubling up on v-gauge building on hit due to the taking + dealing damage.
V-Trigger: Gains a lead pipe that gives him a temporary huge range increase on his normals and several attacks (Such as violent axe). Can throw the pipe as fast projectile attack that uses up the rest of his v-trigger, causes a long stagger or a wall bounce on air hit, and does damage based on the amount of v-gauge left when he uses it.

Keep in mind that average SF3 taliban will claim to be happy only the day there are no more SF2 characters (with RyuKenChun maybe gingerdemonshoto exception) and every single SF3 1st2nd3rd character is in

Basically SFV is already fucked because Cammy

Well played Capcom, see ya in 2023 with SF6:New Illuminati Generation

I have a feeling Ken may not be in the initial cast for some reason but I’ll say Ken and Alex or kain alex

So true now that you mention it.

It does seem like it isn’t enough that all the SF3 characters are in, there must also be little to no SF2 characters for them to be truly satisfied. I also noticed that the SF3 Taliban have a thing for Gill and really want Bison dead so we can all “move on”, to the New Illuminati Generation surely.

I was thinking that until this E3. Now I’m thinking Ken will be announced soon. I just hope he isn’t a head swap and genuinely looks, animates, and plays very different to Ryu.

Yeah :smiley:

Fuck nostalgia, fuck veterans
We can move on!

Future, motherfucker

We can move lightfuckingspeed straight to that futuristic place called 1997

:smiley:

alex/ken combo announcement

HAIL!!!

Would love to see Urien or Oro (mainly because they’re a friend’s favorite characters and he’s not gonna be excited about playing the game with me unless they’re announced lol), but I have a feeling it’ll probably be Ken/Alex on a USA stage like many have said so far. I think after the 2 characters are revealed there will be a tease at the end for another “evil” character like Akuma or Urien or something, similar to how Bison was teased in one of the earlier trailers. I pretty much only have played Akuma and Rose in SF4 so it’d be nice to see one of them =)

I wanna see Charlie give Urien a High Five as he enters the stages to fight.

With the new Nash in the game, and more than likely Guile too (seeing how they completely reinvented Charlie) I’d say Remy’s chances are near zero now.

And I don’t know, I think **Alex **could have his chances of being in this game reduced too… Birdie seems a nice hybrid of brawler/grappler/charge character… Maybe Alex won’t make the cut.

Abel, on the other hand, would more probably have his chances increased, especially if Alex is out the equation.

Something tells me Sean, **Necro **and **Juri **have higher chances seeing the more aggressive gameplay of this game.

Nah. Urien may have some similar tools, but in application he’s as far off as Gen and Vega. I feel Birdie does definitely rule out Hugo, and he’s probably our “big body” until we get DLC (probably Gief).
I feel we won’t see another Doll or Guile at launch because of Cammy/Nash. We could theoretically get Remy if they actually put some work into making him an effective zoner in this game.

Any part of the stupidity of this thread made you think it needed to be separate from 20 existing character request threads?

You do realize that if and when Urien and Alex join the party they will play nothing like their SF3 incarnation? They will also probably have new moves too if there is too much of an overlap. But really that’s not a problem, at least nothing as bad as HEADSWAPPED SHOTO CLONES.

Mmmmh, you are right. I should have posted this message in another roster/wishlist thread.

I don’t think every character will be completely different to their previous incarnations. They’re updating some fighters that needed a more agressive makeover to fit in this game, but I think others will be pretty safe to keep their original gamestyle.

Urien is the strongest naked man in fighting games. Definitely room for him

You mean SF2: Hyper Fighting? sounds like you’re the only one getting that confused. Not like I’m some ST player though.

Also what’s your source for finding out which of the SFs in its history sold more? Because I highly doubt Capcom included any characters based on previous games sales. They went for nostalgia alone. They don’t give a shit about variation. I always have to fear the wake-up ultra from like 95% of the cast. Cuz people still don’t know how to play fighting games, and SF4 rewards them.

Also let me bring up again, since it’s significant enough it should be made aware of, Cammy and Birdie, the most recently revealed characters, were one-time henchmen for Bison.

Birdie isn’t even a charge character anymore… I’d like to see more charge character representation and play style even if some players think it’s an obsolete method of input.

Also very funny you’re talking about Urien having lower chances compared to all the other charge characters that have been in a fighting game more recently than 16 fucking years ago.

Please no more weapon-wielding characters. This isn’t Soul Caliber. I need whiff punishes and fireballs.