SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

I’ll pre-order it the moment they reveal Vega. I hope he is the next one.

I fixed your list with the characters you’ll most probably receive from Ono :slight_smile:

Everyone has different taste, yet i’ll never understand people who want ingrid in over the plethora of better choices that currently exist.

Hopefully Ken or Akuma, both at the same time would be cool too.

I think a little part of the FGC will die if they were both the next revealed characters.

I would be thrilled if they add up Vega or Juri. However whoever makes it is fine. Maybe there will be a new interesting character to the series too.

M. Bison already looks pretty awesome so I can be happy about that.

I don’t think they’ll blow their whole wad and announce Ken/Alex at the same time. My guess is either two new characters or Ken +/Oro/Q; they did a nice job with bringing back a distant character like Birdie so prob next it will be a distant SF3 character to pair with a known SF2/SF4 character.

Jokes aside, I’d like to see if they add a character representative of Canada, Alaska/Antarctica or Australia/Oceania.

The crocodile is his sidekick and watches from the sidelines.

Alex seems to be the most wanted so far.

That’s a bit stereotypical, right, but I would actually not be against a character partially inspired in Dundee. We’ve seen a few fighting game characters with a Dundee flavor that are actually pretty cool.

The fact that he is stereotypical is the whole point. :trollface:

At this point I don’t think Capcom can recur to stereotypes again in Street Fighter. Take Juri for example, she was everything but stereotypical. El Fuerte is the most recent stereotype character we had, and they all hated him for that. There’s already an assortment of Dundey-like characters, in games like Waku Waku 7 or JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures. They would have to come with a more unique design.

As for me, I’d like a Furiosa-inspired female character:

Mamma mia!

Even if she’s in this iteration, they’re not going to announce Sakura next. I hope they do anyway, though. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d love to see an older take on her character, and how they adapt her to the move away from vortex. Cammy-esque rushdowns? :smiley:

I could see Alex and Ken happening, though I think having Ken 2.0 be the final character reveal would be EPIC, so I hope they wait on him. I’m gonna go with Alex and… Blanka. Yeah. Why not.

I don’t usually think about patterns but according to games of origin here, so far it’s been:

SF2/1 (Ryu),
SF2 (Chun-Li),
SFA (Nash),
SF2:CE (Bison),
SFA/1 (Birdie),
SSF2 (Cammy)

That’s 6 characters so far who originated in Alpha, 2, or SF1 (if we want to count it). All 6 characters were in Alpha. I’d say this gives a high probability that the next character(s) revealed will either have been from SF3, or if Capcom wants to go the boring route, Alpha, 2, or 1.

I think this is a good place to recap the pattern of inclusion for SF4 + Super SF4.

Arcade release had
Original WW: Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Guile, Honda, Dhalsim, Zangief, Blanka
SF4 exclusive: Viper, Abel, Fuerte, Rufus
SF2 Bosses: Bison, Sagat, Vega, Balrog
SF4 bosses/unplayable/hidden: Akuma, Gouken, Seth

Console release added:

Fei Long, Cammy (SSF2)
Gen, Rose, Sakura, Dan (Alpha)

Super SF4 added:

Dudley, Makoto, Ibuki (from SF3)
Cody, Guy, Adon (Alpha/1/Final Fight)
Dee Jay, T Hawk (SSF2)
Juri, Hakan (SSF4 exclusive)

AE 2012 added:

Yun, Yang (SF3)
E Ryu, Oni (debatable new characters or from Alpha)

Ultra SF4:

Elena, Hugo, Poison (SF3)
Rolento (Alpha/Final Fight)
Decapre (new)

So upon initial release of the arcade version, there were no Alpha or SF3 characters present that originated from that series. Console added Alpha and the remaining SSF2 characters, SSF4 added more Alpha characters and some SF3, SSFAE added more SF3 characters and boss/demons. Ultra (fan service) was an amalgamation of SF3, Alpha, and Final Fight, though technically they were just characters borrowed from SFxT aside from Decapre.

Going back to the revealed characters so far in SF5, none have any determined allegiance or rivalry to any of the others. Though Birdie was a one-time henchman to Bison, as was Cammy and (hohoho) they were both revealed most recently. And actually I suppose the Chun-Li/Bison rivalry is the strongest implied. But this has no bearing toward who will be next to reveal. It seems like whoever it is is going to reveal something about either the time frame, or what the story will likely be about. I mean so long as they aren’t shallow add-in characters like what we got in SF4.

I’d like to think we’ll see somebody new. Cammy wasn’t surprising to me, though Birdie certainly was to the point where he’s almost a new character in itself.

It will be very interesting to see a whole new character who has been designed around SF5’s mechanics specifically (i.e. they won’t have any concerns about previous attributes having to potentially be re-factored to be useful in SF5) nor will they have to worry about upsetting folks with any unexpected changes.

Clean slate, new game, new character(s). I’m pretty eager to see what they have in store for us actually. It will be cool if any new characters immediately grab players who had difficulty gravitating towards those offered in SFIV - i.e. something new and unique.

Here’s hoping there’s no Fuerte-type characters however.

geese howard :smiley:

IMHO he can’t have his flips as v-skills, unless they have some sort of variations which he can attack with. a normal-special cancellable flip perhaps?

reason i say that is: all characters gain v-meter when successfully using their v-skills, i mean ryu successfully parrying a hit, chun hitting the opponent with her jump (which hits using her knee if i recall), cammy hitting with her punch after the spin etc. they get no v-meter if those don’t happen.

vega couldn’t gain v-meter if he can just flip. or he would have to get it every time he flips, resulting in broken mechanics imho. birdie can eat his donuts when neutral-v-skilling but he’s slow, vega instead has high walkspeed (i doubt they would change his walk like they did with m.bison) and could run everywhere safe and spam flips (which makes him invulnerable for X frames)

i would love this. seriously.

and this!

imho alex soon

just give me claw!

I kind of want to see a V Skill where someone powers up DBZ style(or like in KOF games) to fill their V Trigger gauge. Basically it would work similarly to Birdie’s V Skill in which you can’t just sit back and leave the guy alone or he will fill up his V Trigger Gauge quickly. Balance it by making it have enough start up and recovery so that you can’t just use it whenever you want. You need the right spacing like when Hakan oils up in SF4.